+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting idea?

FORT Regular

Interesting idea?

Does anybody have any interesting choices for the city roommates for Amish in the City Season 2? A blue blood here, a frat guy there, and on and on sounds interesting, no?

FORT Newbie
    think there will be a season 2? If so, I would like to see some more behaved city dwellers. Maybe also fit in an asian.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hica19
    think there will be a season 2? If so, I would like to see some more behaved city dwellers. Maybe also fit in an asian.
    I think the producers deliberately put in ill-behaved city folks to spice up the show. Maybe a fundamental Muslim woman in full hijab would be an interesting addition.

FORT Newbie
    If they make a season 2 (which would obviously depend on what this one's ratings end up being) it would be much more interesting to make it more like "English with the Amish" - plot the city dwellers down in rural Charm Ohio and see how well they fare for a couple months. Of course, they wouldn't be able to pull that off, since none of the adult Amish would be on camera, but...

And yes, obviously the producers sought out the worst of the worst city people - I'm quite ashamed at how ignorant and rude all the English are.

Laura

I think they need to throw a Goth or a Punker in the mix (Think Nakomis is up for another reality show? )
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nomdenette
    If they make a season 2 (which would obviously depend on what this one's ratings end up being) it would be much more interesting to make it more like "English with the Amish" - plot the city dwellers down in rural Charm Ohio and see how well they fare for a couple months. Of course, they wouldn't be able to pull that off, since none of the adult Amish would be on camera, but...
    And yes, obviously the producers sought out the worst of the worst city people - I'm quite ashamed at how ignorant and rude all the English are.
    Laura
    The producers probably knew that more conflict could mean more ratings.

I've noticed the former Amish kids now don't refer to non-Amish people as "English," which is a nice change considering we're Americans.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemermaid
    I've noticed the former Amish kids now don't refer to non-Amish people as "English," which is a nice change considering we're Americans.
    Several people have commented on the Amish use of the term "English" -- don't worry,
    they know we're not British. It's a holdover because they identify themselves as Germanic
    (Deitsch). They would call Chinese people "English" too, as far as I know.

+ Reply to Thread