+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 8/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    I just got to watch the show here. I like Mose more and more. He has a great attitude! (Reggae? I've never heard of the guy! ) I mean, just how adorable is he?!?!

Tonight's show was a little boring, but some good points--I liked how Ariel went to church with them, and I liked Reese tonight and how they all worked with the handicapped. I think Jonas might very well be swayed by the education part. Oh, and I really really really do not like Nick! :phhht

I didn't find the show boring at all. Watching how the kids interact with each other and how the Amish kids react to seeing and experiencing new things is exciting to me. I hate when the show ends I just want it to go on and on.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

This is a great show! I love it! I was sceptical at first when I heard of the concept, but watched last week & this week & Im' hooked

I love Mose, he's so cool.... After tonight's show I have a different opinion of Reese for sure, Nick I didn't much care for him not joining to play with the handicapped people because "he might laugh" ... Come on, grow up!

Love it tho...looks like they're all having a good time
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I'm joining the "I can't stand Nick" club too. What a mean spirited idiot. I didn't think the show was boring either. How hard is it for Whitney or Reese to go up to Ruth and tell her in a polite way to clean up after herself? Don't make a mountain out of a molehill, and I'm sure Whitney would appreciate it herself if someone told her directly instead of gossiping and complaining behind her back. Mose cracks me up. What a great guy. Ariel IMO seems to be the one opening up the most to the Amish kids. I don't see any of the others really trying as much as she does.
    Ludicrous speed!

The funniest scene last night was the clip of Reese lifting weights. Someone needs to introduce that kid to the concept of food. He has the physique of Paris Hilton
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

FORT Fan
    I've been thinking that the reason Randy doesn't speak much is because he knows his voice is too much like Mike Tyson's. I'll bet when he was 14 and all of his friends' voices were changing and his wasn't, that's when he became introverted.

FORT Newbie
    I thought it was great how they helped the mentally disabled (except for the jerk Nick who must be above all that to help people). I was really surprised how great Reese was with them but he was awesome. As for the drama in the beginning, I think Whitney was putting on a show a bit so they could be like The Real World. Drama, Drama, Drama.

Quote Originally Posted by AngM389
    As for the drama in the beginning, I think Whitney was putting on a show a bit so they could be like The Real World. Drama, Drama, Drama.
    Ruth's gesters and the "I don't care, I don't care, I don't care" was hilarious they reminded me of when I was a kid fighting verbally with my sister.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by captain
    I couldn't tell with all the shouting going on, BUT, I have been in Amish homes and they are generally spotless.
    I thought about that too. I think perhaps in their journey to decide whether or not to remain Amish, they become a little teenagery. Just a thought.

My ox is broken. Colin in TAR5

You are probably right...it's the first time in their lives they're away from their parents & their apparently pretty strict responsibilities as Amish, so I would think that it'd be natural to "slack off" just a little once you get away from all that... Kind of like being on a vacation of sorts. The Amish seem generally like hard workers, well behaved & mannered so I'm sure they saw opportunity to loosen up a little bit on their work chores as well once they were out of their parents' sight (Completely natural is you ask me :-))

Whitney, perhaps she comes from a big family where the only way to be heard is to yell the loudest....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast