+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recap 7/28/04 - Sock To The Face, Cows Come From Space

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    Amish in the City Recap 7/28/04 - Sock To The Face, Cows Come From Space

Ariel finds out she is going shopping today and asks everyone to tell her what they’d like and that hopefully she’d remember it. You see Ariel, we have something called a “shopping list” where you write down a list of what people want so you won’t have to remember it. From her attitude though, it looks like she doesn’t even want to remember such items as “boneless chicken breasts” even though I don’t think anyone will force her to eat them.

Eventually, Mose, Miriam and Ariel go shopping! This show is intense! Miriam and Mose see new fruits and vegetables and eventually get to the dairy section where Ariel reluctantly agrees to grab some cheese. She takes a stand at the eggs though, and Mose tells her he bets Abraham Lincoln had some eggs. Random comment, but probably true. She replies with “Yeah and I’ll bet he died at like 35” If Ariel was a historian, I think she would be more of a revisionist.
    Outstanding recap, Zaius.

I thought the same thing as you when Ariel said she might not remember what everyone wanted. Uh, try writing it down. And like a few other posters, I wondered if she even knew who Abe Lincoln was. I guess I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. When she said cows are from outer space, I about died. All I could think of was the South Park episode where the aliens came to Earth to talk to the cows.

Bravo, Zaius! Great job on your first recap, you came out like a pro.

I waited to read your recap until after watching the encore airing, and I have to say you did a fine job capturing all the highlights (and low) of the premiere. Can't wait to read more from you!

Quote Originally Posted by charstar813
    Mose is turning out to be one of my favorites too, but with his voice, I keep expecting him to break out into, "Beuller.... Beuller.....Beuller."
    Funny, Char, as much as I liked him too (and I really did, there is something about his complete earnestness that I find refreshing and admirable), I kept thinking to myself that Mose sounded like Billy Bob in Sling Blade, mmm hmm.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Later on, Ariel shares with Miriam and Nick that she believes cows come from outer space. Nick completely flips out as if his very life is in danger and furiously argues that cows are not from outer space, they’re just not! He then proceeds to hammer the point home by rolling on the floor, laughing at how ridiculous her statement is.
    I reacted the same way to that statement, too.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I kept thinking to myself that Mose sounded like Billy Bob in [I
    Sling Blade[/I], mmm hmm.
    I would pay money (Ok- maybe just a buck!) to hear him say, "Beuller. Mmmm hmmm."
    Ludicrous speed!

Great review Zaius! I especially like the part when you said you dozed off

Now I think this is the part where I actually dozed off. I had this bizarre dream where Randy Quaid from Kingpin paid the house a visit and picked up 7-10 splits while Harrison Ford from Witness hid among the roommates donning Amish attire.

All I gotta say is look out for those alien cows!
    Visit my site at: http://edrivehome.cjb.net

Great recap Zaius, like many others here i missed this episode, but enjoyed you recap of it.
    Reese: He is from Harrisburg Mississippi and moved to Hollywood 2 years ago. He’s gay and tells us he can’t tolerate people who can’t accept somebody for who they are.
    If he can't tolerate someone for being who they are, which is someone who can't accept somebody else for who they are, then i guess he can't tolerate himself.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

FORT Newbie
    BTW, I thought that the very best part of the whole "Abe Linclon died at 35" bit was when Mose (who is just as darling and charming as a person can get!!) dryly replied in his adorable Wisconsin/German accent, "Ah, yeah, but not from the eggs, eh?"

There were 4 of us ROFLing at that one!

Laura

Ack . . . sorry I'm so bloody late to respond, but this was an excellent debut, Zaius! You're doing a great job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12