+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

7/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only, until at least midnight Eastern.

For those new to our site, we do this for our West Coasters. This way, they only have one thread to avoid. To keep people "honest", we auto-lock every other thread until midnight, so people can only post in this one. Even after midnight, if it pertains to tonight's show, it should be posted in this thread.

Thanks, and enjoy the show!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    i can tell already these kids aren't from the really STRICT amish communities. miriam for example ... she had a amish doll on the shelf behind her .... it had a face. true amish people don't have faces on their dolls ... nor do they have mirrors in their house. it's considered vanity.

i don't know if i'm going to enjoy this show ..... i guess i will need to give it time. i guess i shouldn't be surprised by the reactions of the "city kids".

ps ... i think miriam is a lesbian ... she just doesn't know it yet. my gaydar is going off BIG TIME with her.

Thats amazing you've already figured that out in the first 20 minutes of the show? Somebody needs to give me a play by play on this show, please - It doesn't air here until 12:30, I can't stay up - I gotta be a responsible adult and go to work in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke
    i can tell already these kids aren't from the really STRICT amish communities. miriam for example ... she had a amish doll on the shelf behind her .... it had a face. true amish people don't have faces on their dolls ... nor do they have mirrors in their house. it's considered vanity.
    Until recently, strict Amish didn't have mirrors in their homes.
    http://komar.cs.stthomas.edu/qm425/98s/sousa4.htm

The 'city kids' on this show are such utter ignorant trash, makes it hard to watch this show. Just want to slap them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie
    Until recently, strict Amish didn't have mirrors in their homes.
    http://komar.cs.stthomas.edu/qm425/98s/sousa4.htm

ahhhhh.....well, i have to admit that i haven't known anyone amish since i was in high school, which was 20+ years ago hahahaha ... i lved in a small town in south central michigan and we had quite a few amish communities in the area. those groups didn't even wear colors other than black or dark blue. the mennonites wore colored (but plain) dresses and the white bonnets. our winter homecoming queen was mennonite.

listening to mose talk reminds me of the "strange brew" guys ... anyone remember that movie?

i love the comforts of home ... give me electricty, cars, etc .... amish would never work for me.

miss vegan is going to starve! hahahah

Maybe some of the "city" kids will learn values, morals, and respect for others. You do not hear of the "Amish" killing, robbing, etc. I heard several of the "city" kids say they just want to be accepted by others, well maybe they need to learn to accept different ways and ideas first.
    Ok done with my preaching, sitting back and enjoying the show
    There's no place like home!

whew! i thought i might be the only one here! i'm used to the big brother thread going non-stop during the show ... hahahaha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast