+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 7/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I have to admit this will be a very interesting show...at least the premiere has kept my attention.
    There's no place like home!

Ariel is a freak. Cows are from outerspace? :rolleyes
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Out of curiosity Captain....where did you live close to an amish community? I am ex amish and just to let you know...the portrayal of the amish youth is in some things accurate and some are totally off base. Every amish community is different just like church denominations are different. Just because this is Ruth's first visit to the beach doesn't mean most amish people have never seen the ocean. It completely depends on what community they originate from and how strict their particular community is.

they arent that naive

the amish displayed clannish behavior

That's because they are used to feeling like outsiders and sticking together is instinctive and when one person is attacked...it just brings it out in them. The city people are doing the same thing in their own way when they make fun of the amish.
    Last edited by libra2680; 07-28-2004 at 11:27 PM.

Hey all I'm new here, name's Meg from OH. And I just had to post my comment on the Amish In The City show.
    I was sadly disappointed with the show...not because of the Amish...I love the Amish! But the "city folk" were so rude to the Amish I feel like when I see them in K-mart I should apologize to them for other's being so rude. Well like in the papers the production didn't make the Amish look bad, but it made the modern people or really the people of California, look really rude.
    The show is kind of interesting but I feel so sorry for them living in that house. And that was rude of them to make fun of the Amish because they never saw the ocean and Mose thought he was going to drown. I'd be freaked out if the current was taking me out too! I've only seen the ocean once. Most middle American people don't see the ocean to often.
    My friend is an ex-amish, so I know some of their life style. And not all Amish Communities are the same.
    I'd like to see the city folk be Amish and do all that work.
    Oh and first thought that came into mind when Randy wasn't picking up after himself was "Usually the women pick up after the men...so he's not used to that yet"
    Well that was my review of this weeks show...I plan on watching the rest...hopefully I won't get annoyed to much from the city folk.

Meg
    Visit my site at: http://edrivehome.cjb.net

I would have to agree, watching City Folk in Amish Land would be more interesting. I am just very annoyed about how rude the city folk are. Respect is good.

to the FORT tenngirl!

I really like this show. I think it is a good experience for everybody in the house, and will give both sides a new view point. The show is also entertaining at the same time. We get to see a lot of 'first times' for a lot of the people. In addition, I think the Amish kids really cleaned up well.

Though the 'city kids' weren't exactly nice, they acted much better than what I thought they would. I thought they would bash the Amish kids right out of the house.

BTW, I really like the mail chute!
    Last edited by AIWANNABE; 07-28-2004 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedONE
    I would have to agree, watching City Folk in Amish Land would be more interesting. I am just very annoyed about how rude the city folk are. Respect is good.
    That is a really good idea. Can't wait for the sequel with this actually happening.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    That is a really good idea. Can't wait for the sequel with this actually happening.
    LOL They should pick me for that. I would positively die.

+ Reply to Thread