+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: 7/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Watching people who should know better be asses to other people isn't what I consider "interesting". I consider it rude, ignorant, and intolerant - but not even on the same 80-acre Amish farm as "interesting".
    if its not interesting then why do you watch it?
    Last edited by shawnsbaby; 08-06-2004 at 01:05 PM.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    How else would he be able to make an informed opinion?

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Watching people who should know better be asses to other people isn't what I consider "interesting". I consider it rude, ignorant, and intolerant - but not even on the same 80-acre Amish farm as "interesting".

I gave the show a second chance but those "city kids" are the uninteresting part, especially the busboy Nick. The only interesting parts of the show are the tidbits of information that I learn from the Amish kids. It utterly saves the show for me.

I didn't know that their education only reaches the 8th grade for the Amish believe that continuing isn't necessary. If they decide to continue it means leaving the Amish family and community just to have a higher education. It saddens me that they have to choose between their God-fearing upbringing and the goal of becoming a doctor or lawyer.

The simple experiences that I take for granted, most of them never experience. I am hoping that both sides utilize the opportunity to learn and grow from it. Otherwise, IMO, it's a waste of time.

+ Reply to Thread