+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 7/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I think it's a little strange that more people aren't talking about the "fight" between Reese and that other guy.
    Exactly what I was thinking. When I saw that "sock slap" , I thought "what the.... ?"
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I think it's a little strange that more people aren't talking about the "fight" between Reese and that other guy. .
    I think that is because, at least the way it was edited, the fight was a non-issue. The next day Kevan and Reese were back on speaking terms. Personally, I would have knocked him into next week, but I guess Kevan just figured to let it go for the sake of not creating waves in the house.

ETA - correct typo
    Last edited by FinallyHere; 07-29-2004 at 12:06 PM.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Yes, I agree...I believe that Reese got the message. Kevan is not interested!! But, I bet he still will keep on trying to "change him".

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke
    everytime i think of being a club promoter, i think of that movie "party monster"
    I think you are closer to the truth that you may realize.

I have to agree with everyone...the city kids were just terrible...boy this show made them look so spoiled,stupid and rude! I like the idea of carting off 6 city kids to work on an Amish farm for a couple of months....they need to know how hard most of us work to achieve things, its just not "party all the time". The vegetarian at least had alittle compassion, but whats with the "chicken abortion" statement.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedONE
    I would have to agree, watching City Folk in Amish Land would be more interesting.
    Didn't Paris Hilton star in that show?

I stopped watching this after the first hour. The city kids were so rude it was making me embarassed for them. This show would have been a lot better if they didn't incorporate the city kids into it. That was my first and last time watching that show!

FORT Newbie
    I swear Mose's voice sounded like stephen Hawking or a Speak-n-spell(for those that remember what that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Catniptoy
    . I will say that apart from that incident, both Kevan and the club guy were very nice to the Amish kids.

while the city guys weren't being nice, they weren't being that awful, either.

So you are saying that if you had almost drowned, you would have been okay with that treatment?
    I thought it "odd" that Reese at the beginning said he wants people to just accept other people as they are etc and then, he was the main one at the beginning screaming about the Amish, they can't live here, I'm doing a make over etc. Demanding people get a makeover is NOT accepting them as they are.
    And of course none of the city kids understood that if Mose had died then, he thought he might have gone to Hell. Life is serious to the Amish kids because they have a very real sense of an eternal destiny based on the choices they make now.

Quote Originally Posted by duplessis3
    And of course none of the city kids understood that if Mose had died then, he thought he might have gone to Hell. Life is serious to the Amish kids because they have a very real sense of an eternal destiny based on the choices they make now.
    I thought the city kids' reaction to the drowning incident, at the beach, in the van, and later at home, was quite shocking. Seemed very insensitive and selfish of them to not even attempt to understand how Mose may have felt about the whole thing. To them, it was entertainment...to him, it was potentially life ending. His praying late in the night was very poignant.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread