+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whitney, City Dweller

Whitney, City Dweller

[IMG]images/img/amishwhitney.jpg[/IMG]

Name: Whitney

Background: Raised primarily by her mother in Los Angeles, Whitney's positive outlook on life keeps her ambitious, levelheaded and excited about her future, despite the recent loss of her boyfriend in an unsolved drive-by shooting. Whitney is ready for new experiences outside her inner-city community.

Whitney's Vocal Style

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that Whitney has an extremely odd way of speaking? I'm not sure what it is, part of the words seem to be nasalized, others just drawn out curiously. Of course, compared to the Robot-Mose voice, I suppose it's normal, but it really caught my ear how strange it sounds...

Chairman of the Bored Cruella_DeVil's Avatar
    She seems to be the one who is level headed of the city kids. Her Mom should be proud of her. I hope that she remains this way through the show as it will show the rumspringas that not all city kids are as horrid as some of these immature brats are portraying themselves. Some of the others really need a kick in the ass! I am sure their parents are the ones walking around with paper bags on their heads to hide their identities.

Don't know much about the Amish way - I suppose these kids could have picked up slang, etc. in their surrounding communities. They used "pissed off" "freaking"??? Are Amish kids allowed to have magazines delivered to the homes? This might answer why... maybe they are reading them in the convenience stores?

Like the show and will continue to watch.

I liked how she noted compared to the other city kids, she was Amish. And she really appreciated going to the beach with the Amish because it helped her appreciate her life and what California has to offer more.

She is the only one I really liked out of the city kids according to the 1st episode. I think she is my favorite so far.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today" - James Dean

I for one can't stand her. I think she is the rudest and most obnoxious of the city kids, (other than Ariel). And I think she deserves her ass kicked more than the other city kids. :phhht

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I don't like this girl.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I cannot stand this chick. If she has so many complaints and gripes then DO IT HERSELF! And please, wear some clothes that fit, I'm already disgusted with the attitude.
    Ludicrous speed!

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Ugh, Lazy,obnoxious,irritating, unkind....you would have thought I was describing Reese but no...those adjatives fit Whitney.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    I don't like this girl.
    The longer the show goes on the more i seem to dislike her! Last nights episode was the worst yet she was bossing the amish boys around like she was their mother..but she wouldn't help at all..but insisted on barking out order..its just sad. don't know what her problem is but its getting really annoying! :rolleyes
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast