+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Whitney, City Dweller

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by miry
    I think Whitney should do the world a favor and jump off a cliff.

ITA - she is a real pain in the ass - and I agree totally that she is GHETTO to the MAX - wonder what they're paying these kids to do this show (probably some token money to compensate for their 'time'....) She better appreciate the money as it's probably the most she'll ever make at one time....... after this show I can see her returning to her home (which by now has probably returned to it's original nasty condition) I believe her house and family 'spruced up' for their 15 minutes of fame during the group visit......

Anyone who thinks Whitney is ghetto obviously has never met a ghetto person.
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

FORT Regular
    "Ghetto" does seem a rather nebulous term. Do you mean she speaks in ebonics? Or that she's rude? Or might be too sensitive and have a chip on her shoulder? Or that she has to work harder than most to pull herself up out of a difficult situation (i.e.: living in a ghetto)? Or that her education may be more 'culturally-biased' to inner city reality?

Me, I'm happy to leave it at she seem's lazy and pushy...and I don't care if she grew up in a slum, a palace, or Norman Rockwell's back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by galliard
    "Ghetto" does seem a rather nebulous term. Do you mean she speaks in ebonics? Or that she's rude? Or might be too sensitive and have a chip on her shoulder? Or that she has to work harder than most to pull herself up out of a difficult situation (i.e.: living in a ghetto)? Or that her education may be more 'culturally-biased' to inner city reality?

Me, I'm happy to leave it at she seem's lazy and pushy...and I don't care if she grew up in a slum, a palace, or Norman Rockwell's back yard.

The only reason they think she is ghetto is because she's black.
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

FORT Newbie
    Whitney :phhht is sickening to hear her speak and the way she treats the Amish kids along with the other cowards on the playground especially Reese (can't miss him he's connected to her hip) I don't feel I have to qualify this statment because it's been said, she's gheto, I'm black, never lived in the ghetto but she's said it herself I believe and I guess her speech helps her to "keep it real" as she likes to mention from time to time.

Old girl is GHET-TO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by azsk8fan
    ....wonder what they're paying these kids to do this show (probably some token money to compensate for their 'time'....) She better appreciate the money as it's probably the most she'll ever make at one time....... after this show I can see her returning to her home (which by now has probably returned to it's original nasty condition) I believe her house and family 'spruced up' for their 15 minutes of fame during the group visit......
    Wow, this post is really offensive and ignorant.

Whitney is a college student, so hopefully she will make more money in her lifetime than the show paid her. Just because she lives in the ghetto doesn't mean her house is run down and nasty. Yes, there are some nasty looking houses there, but you find those in middle class neighborhoods too.

Personally, I haven't spent much time in a ghetto, but a girl I used to carpool with lived in a ghetto, her house and many others were neat and clean. There are hard working people living in the ghetto and yet all we ever see is the bad things that happen there.

[QUOTE=Roswellian4Life] Just because she lives in the ghetto doesn't mean her house is run down and nasty. Yes, there are some nasty looking houses there, but you find those in middle class neighborhoods too.[QUOTE]

Too true.

Check out "How Clean is Your House?".

Nasty?

You don't know the meaning of the word until you check out the way people live on that show. Oh, and BTW, the houses on that show are definitely NOT in ghettos, either.

So, whether or not Whitney IS ghetto, that doesn't mean she lives in a pigsty.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234