+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kevan, City Dweller

Kevan, City Dweller

[IMG]images/img/amishkevan.jpg[/IMG]

Name: Kevan

Background: From Las Vegas, Kevan recently graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno with a degree in business. Now that college is over, he is trying to decide what his next step in life should be. He comes from a small family with a Persian-Muslim father and American-Presbyterian mother. Well-rounded and funny, he is a competitive swimmer and spends time teaching children how to swim. Kevin has also recently started playing the guitar.

Just wanted to say that I thought it was very sweet that Kevan was trying to teach Ruth how to swim.

FORT Regular
    i liked kevan up to the point when he was mimicking mose. the poor guy feels like he had a near death experience, so kevan had me liking him that scene.

Agreed, that wasn't good. I think at least once, I could slap all of the contestants from the city.

Kev - on??... it would seem to me that you would pronounce it Kev - an. Personally, I'll bet it's probably just plain old Kevin And I thought it was a little odd when he said that he was "half Persian and half white". What does that mean -- "half white"?? Mom has no ethnic background?? She's gotta be something -- Irish, German, Scottish...

I liked him but when he was making fun of Mose I lost all respect for him. What a jerk.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today" - James Dean

He has nice eyes.
    But he seems very stuck up.

I was especially shocked at his making fun of Mose's near-drowning, as Kevan is a swimming teacher!

I did have to chuckle at his name though ... my husband's name is Kevin (just like normal!), but his grandma always wrote it Kavin because she spoke with a country accent and said the name Kay-vin. So when I saw Kevan, I had to wonder if he had a funny little grandma, too!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

FORT Fogey
    Deos anybody understand why the other city people *so* don't like him, as I believe every one of them was shown saying in the 8/18 episode? ... It seems that it wasn't until after all the city-people complaining that he came out with his homosexual disapproval stuff ... So what did he do to them before?

Kevan called the city kids spoiled a couple episodes back and he's been distancing himself from them ever since. I can't remember exactly why he called them spoiled, but I thought he was right on the mark. I guess the city kids consider him a snob now and have been treating him like an outcast. Kevan is all right in my book. He's come a long way and is really starting to bond with the Amish. It's great how he has taken strides to learn as much as he can about their way of life.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast