+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Kevan, City Dweller

About your analysis...

I agree, Meagen is disgusting.

I don't think Reese is jealous. I think maybe he was at first, but not anymore. I don't like him that much anyway.

I agree about Ariel.

Whitney...she makes me laugh. So she's decent. And do you really think the things she has argued about were wrong? She was NICE to Ruth about the whole sanitary thing, IMO.

I don't think that Nick sees Kevan as a "threat" at all. I may be wrong (since I'm still not sure what the hell was going on in that episode), but I think that the only reason Nick told the group about Kevan not being Persian was because Meagan was talking about him. Nick was the one that was trying to make peace between Reese and Kevan, IIRC.

I don't think that your analysis is spot on at all. I think that you, too, are biased toward the Amish.
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

Quote Originally Posted by Kai5925
    About your analysis...

I don't think that your analysis is spot on at all. I think that you, too, are biased toward the Amish.
    Kai...by all of your posts that I have read you are incredibly biased towards the city kids so it seems you are doing the same thing that you are accusing everyone else of. Each person is entitled to have their own opinion and this is a discussion forum but all the same it doesn't mean you have to argue with everyone else's opinions. I think all the kids in the house have their faults....so big deal can't we please just agree to disagree? I don't mean to offend you by this post so please don't take it that way. I am just simply hoping for a little less hostility from some of the posts people are writing. (not just you)

Quote Originally Posted by libra2680
    Kai...by all of your posts that I have read you are incredibly biased towards the city kids so it seems you are doing the same thing that you are accusing everyone else of. Each person is entitled to have their own opinion and this is a discussion forum but all the same it doesn't mean you have to argue with everyone else's opinions. I think all the kids in the house have their faults....so big deal can't we please just agree to disagree? I don't mean to offend you by this post so please don't take it that way. I am just simply hoping for a little less hostility from some of the posts people are writing. (not just you)
    I'm not biased towards the city kids. As you can see from my post, I despise Meagen, Jonas, AND Kevan. I'm not too crazy about Reese or Randy, either.
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

FORT Regular
    I tend to agree with you, Libra...when postings start taking a certain edge to their tone, then this stuff stops being fun. I'm not saying we should be all pollyanna-sugary-goodness with each other, but agreeing to disagree is a great philosophy. One doesn't always need to try to dissuade another of his or her opinion if it differs from your own.

I think that both the city kids and the amish have some things that are particular to their home environment if you will. The amish are not used to having to do for themselves, they are not used to having freedom or to make their own decisions. The city kids are products of our times, anything that is strange is belittled. If everyone is wearing blue jeans this year and someone shows up in black jeans they are mocked. It is the same here but on a larger scale. I think that people here on the board are divided similarly. Some people (I believe largely the over thirties) have more sympathy for those being shunned because we can all remember when that happened to us. The others (the younger group) see the kids like themselves and identify with them. I think discussions here are wonderful but some are tending to get defensive and arguments are sure to follow. With different experiences we can identify with different aspects of peoples personality. It is these differences that make reading all these posts interesting.

By the way it's just my opinion.
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345