+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kevan, City Dweller

I'm not sure why Meagan turned on him too unless maybe it has something to do with Kevan calling them spoiled. I think there has been more friction between Kevan and the rest of the CK than we've been shown. After all, it's been like, what, already a month in the house?

i think he is soooo damn hot!

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prncess20
    i think he is soooo damn hot!
    Jonas is better!

haha! ya i seem to like Kevan dispite the fact that non of the other city kids do. They are just full of themselves..he's more down to earth. He seems like a real easy going guy. The other city kids are just conceded.
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

FORT Newbie
    Does anyone know what Kevan did that was so bad that the other city kids will never forgive him? Are a lot of incidences being edited out? Even after an apology they won't talk to him; seems kind of petty. From an audience point of view, it seems like the city kids are just looking for reasons to hate or tear others down.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by effluvial
    Does anyone know what Kevan did that was so bad that the other city kids will never forgive him? Are a lot of incidences being edited out? Even after an apology they won't talk to him; seems kind of petty. From an audience point of view, it seems like the city kids are just looking for reasons to hate or tear others down.
    Read Zaius' recap of the show (09/01 The Persian Connection). It all stems from him originally telling them that he is half persian, then to test whether Nick can be trusted, he tells him that he isn't really half persian, just that his "step" dad is persian. So of course Nick IMMEDIATELY tells everyone that Kevan isn't really persian. When he tries to set things right, the city kids will have no part of it.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    Read Zaius' recap of the show (09/01 The Persian Connection). It all stems from him originally telling them that he is half persian, then to test whether Nick can be trusted, he tells him that he isn't really half persian, just that his "step" dad is persian. So of course Nick IMMEDIATELY tells everyone that Kevan isn't really persian. When he tries to set things right, the city kids will have no part of it.
    I saw all of that, but it seems like most of the city kids had pretty intense feelings against Kevan before that. Even the Persian things seemed to elicit a stronger response from Nick than was warranted.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    My personal thought is that the City Kids resent Kevan because he gets along well with the Amish, and that he has said that the City Kids are spoiled (which they are).
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    My personal thought is that the City Kids resent Kevan because he gets along well with the Amish, and that he has said that the City Kids are spoiled (which they are).
    :rolleyes

Yeah, I'm sure they hate him because he gets along with the Amish.

Did he tell them that to their faces? I don't think he did, but I may be wrong.

Why can't people just hate him because he's an a-hole?
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

FORT Regular
    I imagine that if Kevan had told any of the city kids that they were spoiled in a one-on-one situation, the comment would have been met with any number of reactions; laughter..."no, I'm not!"..."how dare you!"..."you think so?"...etc., and then quickly forgotten. But to call Whitney, Reese and Meagan ALL spoiled at once? Well, then they have to puff out their chests and show each other that Kevan "can't diss them and get away with it". It's all about hurt egos and the need to massage said egos. They're acting with pack (or dare I say "alliance"?) mentality. Don't you think if even one of them had accepted Kevan's apology at dinner, that the others would probably have also let bygones be bygones? I think so...it all kind of reminds me of high school cliques...now Kevan has to sit at the unpopular table with the "smelly" kids! Still, isn't the show far more interesting this way then if everybody got along from the start? How boring would that be. Who needs functional...we WANT disfunctional, don't we?

I can only speak for myself when i say that the sheer ignorance these kids are displaying is almost appaling(i say almost if i cared enough). They're all different, come from different backgrounds yet they can't get over themsleves enough to accept the amish. Hopefully the amish wont come away thinking that the rest of the population is just like them.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast