+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ariel, City Dweller

FORT Fogey
    She does kind of remind me of Genevieve!

FORT Newbie
    ariel is crazy but probably the most entertaining at least she has someting to say and she is honest

FORT Newbie
    i bet ariel and mose will hook up by the end

I can't stand this chick.
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

Genevieve, definitely!

I respect people's right to make their own diet choices, but these girls on extreme vegan diets really seem like they are masking an eating disorder. It allows you to eat barely anything, and you detest the food you do eat. Ariel picked up the soy yogurts, and when asked if they're good, she said, "No, but they're better than real yogurt."

I'm not making a federal case against Ariel or anything, I just wonder when the veganism gets so extreme if there's something else at play.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Newbie
    For some thats true but this ariel was raised vegan and just seems very passionate about her beliefs. Just because someone is vegan or vegetarian does not mean they barely eat anything. it just means that they are more conscious about what they do choose to put in their bodies. And this girl isn't just thinking about her personal heath, she eats her "extreme vegan diet" for the animals also. most vegans choose their diets for more than just vanity or health.

I saw an interview with Alicia Silverstone a few years ago. She was starting to be fodder for the tabloids talking about how she was putting on weight, so as she was exploring various diets, she came upon veganism (is that a word? ). She lost quite a bit of weight, but said in this interview that she was fully commited to it, not because of a diet thing, but because of the whole "peace with the world" aspect of it. She won't even wear anything made from animals and had found some shoe manufacturer that didn't use leather. She is quite happy with the food, said something about you can find wonderful alternative foods like some kind of ice cream, "meat"-like dishes, etc. She said it wasn't difficult to follow at all. My teenage daughter became a vegetarian for four years after my stepfather, who was raised on a Texas farm, proceeded to tell her how cows are slaughtered (thanks, man ). I was very committed to helping her with it, but it was the most difficult cooking I have ever done. I was always trying desperately to find out how to get protein into her. I was constantly on the net looking for new recipes, and bought several cookbooks. My husband and I hated it, and were very thankful when years later, the concept gradually waned. I was secretly overjoyed! Shhhhhh......
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I dislike it when vegans and vegetarians make like their diet makes people morally good in all areas of life. And refuse to admit the down side of the diet (can't get b vitamins except through supplements,very very hard to get enough iron from diet alone) And when they say stupid things like "Milk is cow pus." Well, then human milk is human pus. (And its not)

Quote Originally Posted by jobob
    i bet ariel and mose will hook up by the end
    There was some joking in the show discussion thread about her going back to Mose's Amish community if they did fall for each other. I doubt though she could handle it because of her vegan lifestyle. I don't know exactly what the Amish eat, but it doesn't sound like it would suit her needs.

Why does it always seem like it's the stupid people who are trying to impose their beliefs on other people?!? Come to think of it, it's probably because smart people realize how it will be perceived! Does Ariel actually believe she can change people with her actions --- if anything, she will antagonize people and make them less likely to try out her vegan lifestyle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast