+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruth

Ruth

[IMG]images/img/amishruth.jpg[/IMG]

Name: Ruth

Background: The oldest girl of 13 children, Ruth was raised on a farm in Ohio in an Old Order manner. Cute and energetic, she had numerous duties on the farm as well as inside the home. She was schooled through 8th grade and is eager to explore the world outside her community. Ruth loves music and playing the harmonica.

I love Ruth. It's going to be great watching her explore our world, and seeing things through her fresh eyes. However, what's with the smoking? I missed the first part of the show, so don't know if anything was mentioned about smoking in the Amish community. I'm assuming they are not smokers, unless they grow the tobacco themselves, but maybe they do buy cigarettes. Or did she start this habit the minute she walked into the house? Did I miss something?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I love Ruth. It's going to be great watching her explore our world, and seeing things through her fresh eyes. However, what's with the smoking? I missed the first part of the show, so don't know if anything was mentioned about smoking in the Amish community. I'm assuming they are not smokers, unless they grow the tobacco themselves, but maybe they do buy cigarettes. Or did she start this habit the minute she walked into the house? Did I miss something?
    The Amish here grow alot of tobacco.

Thanks for the info. Living in CA, I know very little about their community...am looking forward to learning more.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I think Ruth is such a doll. Her innocence and appreciation of all the new things she encounters is very endearing to me; actually, it renews my own appreciation of these things I take for granted every day. I was really moved at her first time seeing the beach. I wonder if she'll return to the Amish or stay on the outside, I can't tell so far. She seems to be one most awed by the new experiences. I guess we'll see.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Ruth looks *a lot* like my friend, Young. Only Young's asian. It's uncanny.

But yeah, I like Ruth as well. She's very pretty, and seems to have a good head on her shoulders.

Are you sure Ruth was smoking? Maybe you were mistaken, because I didn't see that. (or i blinked)

Quote Originally Posted by PJinNH
    Are you sure Ruth was smoking? Maybe you were mistaken, because I didn't see that. (or i blinked)
    Yep, she was smoking while she was telling Jonas that the city kids were talking smack about the Amish.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Regular
    i love ruth! she and miriam are my two favorite "characters" of the women.

FORT Newbie
    Ruths so beautiful and caring. then she blows it all by being a smoker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast