+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruth

Wow... I totally missed Ruth smoking too! I'm pretty sure Amish don't smoke even though they do grow tobacco as previously mentioned. I find myself being disappointed when I learn that someone I think is cool smokes

I keep seeing the commercial for the next episode where Whitney is yelling at Ruth about something to do with underwear and what you don't do with it -- did she leave it soaking in the sink or something?? We shall see!

FORT Fan
    I've read a couple books about the Amish and I was surprised to learn that smoking seemed to be quite common. There did not seem to be any type of ban on smoking and as I recall, quite a few of the teenagers smoked.

FORT Fan
    Found this quote on a website related to the Amish, "There are no religious prohibitions against the use of tobacco. However, opinions concerning its use vary among the Amish. Some Amish men smoke cigars, pipes or brown-wrapped cigarettes. Commercial white-wrapped cigarettes are frowned upon because they are seen as "worldly."

FORT Newbie
    Ruth is my favorite also. That segment of her learning to swim in the pool was great. I realize that she has a boyfriend and that the guy who was teaching her probably has a girlfriend, but did anyone else notice how they were very obviously they were avoiding eye contact when he was holding her in front of him as she was kicking? He seemed to be staring out into the trees and holding her to the side and she was staring off the other direction. I wonder if there isn't a story behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamerFish
    Wow... I totally missed Ruth smoking too! I'm pretty sure Amish don't smoke even though they do grow tobacco as previously mentioned. I find myself being disappointed when I learn that someone I think is cool smokes

I keep seeing the commercial for the next episode where Whitney is yelling at Ruth about something to do with underwear and what you don't do with it -- did she leave it soaking in the sink or something?? We shall see!
    Oh lordy. My Tivo didn't record the preview for next week. Sounds ....er....interesting. :
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today" - James Dean

I was very suprised to see Ruth get her belly button pierced.
    She said the Amish is against jewerly, but both here and Miriam have pierced ears.
    I wonder when they got that done?

FORT Newbie
    Ruth is a living doll. Glad she's on there.

I agree I am happy that she is on that show but I hate it whe the city people make fun of the amish. That really bugs Ruth.

I like Ruth. She seems believable. I think I would be like her if that was my situation. But I think that I would also be more angry when people mock them. I fell badly for all of them. The city kids will be embarassed to see how badly they look in their behavior... or at least I hope they do.
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

FORT Newbie
    Ruth is just soooooo adorable! I loved her facial expression when she was watching Megan get the tattoo. It was just the look of pure fascination...and she just seemed to glow. It was too cute!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast