+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Randy

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    Regarless of what people say about Randy he's my 2nd most favourite on the show. I like his voice, his teeth, and his personality. Who cares if he's different? :rolleyes Ya his teeth aren't the best around, but they are what they are...i'm fine with that..he is a coolie! I didn't like when the confronted him about his quietness but according to last nights show he AIN'T QUIET NO MORE! I'm happy he can speak his mind a bit more..afterall his a pretty tough big guy...don't no one wanna mess with Rough Tough Randy!
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

FORT Fan
    Randy has been mostly a 'non-entity' on the show and I've wondered more than once why they even bothered having him on there. He could have the gap in his front teeth fixed - my friend's son had front teeth like that and he had the gap fixed and now it's like day and night difference. Randy has a 'drawl' not uncommon to some parts of Indiana....although just that it does, unfortunately, give one the impression that he is 'slow' or a bit dim-witted. I wish the show would start to focus a bit more on Randy and Jonas...I like Mose and the Amish girls but we pretty much know what they're about...Randy and Jonas, OTOH, have been on the back-burner pretty much of the time. Reese's voice has that typical 'gay, girly tone YUK so I've had enough of him.....and Whitney....well I had enough of her from the onset. As for Meagan and Ariel - both air-heads in different ways.....Kevan - I like and Nick I'm still not sure of......... So if the show cuts out the Reese, Whitney, Ariel and Meagan parts we could get more Jonas and Randy....sounds like a plan to me.

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azsk8fan
    I wish the show would start to focus a bit more on Randy and Jonas...So if the show cuts out the Reese, Whitney, Ariel and Meagan parts we could get more Jonas and Randy....sounds like a plan to me.
    So true I agree with what you say..They seem to focus more on Ruth, Miriam, and Mose. Jonas and Randy don't get as much camera time or insider stuff as the rest of the Amish..there is more scenes about the drama of the City Kids that most people can't stand! :rolleyes Jonas and Randy should be able to get more camera time. Afterall only edited stuff makes in on TV, maybe they ain't the most interesting..but still the producers or whatever should try and get more screen time for them especially because their Amish and the show is based on THEIR decisions.
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by jessica1981
    Randy's voice is way better than Reese's. Reese makes me sick every time he opens his mouth.
    ITA ,not to mention Reese's attitude. I have feeling the only reason the city kids told him(Randy) to open up to them and talk was so they can/could make fun of him/his voice behind his back. This city kids need to grow up.

FORT Fan
    Randy is a good man.

He has good looks, save his teeth, and he's finally able to speak his mind, putting a stinging remark and insult where they were much needed. Brilliant how he told them to just shut up and go away.

but that voice... god that voice...

I think it's his voice and his speech pattern which gives people the impression that Randy is as gay as a potatoe.

why are some of you so judgemental about Randy?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mina
    I think Randy acts gay. The way he talks and acts just seems like he is gay. Just my observation.
    Randy gay???? Not hardly. Compare him to Reese. Did you see Randy working out? Just because his voice may seem weird or he is quiet, doesn't mean a person is gay. Reese is the gay one.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by margel
    It was painful to watch everyone confront Randy about his quietness. This was probably the worst approach they could have taken to get him to open up. If you sincerely want to communicate with someone as shy and quiet as Randy, please don't point out how quiet and shy they are. Believe me, they already know way better than anyone else.

No doubt Mose has no trouble communicating with Randy. His patient and low key approach is the only way to help the shy person get comfortable enough to start talking.
    I agree with you. But there is the old adage that says sometimes it is better not to speak at all than to open your mouth and prove you're a fool. I think Randy is just one of those people who doesn't have a lot to say. We all know them......and we surely appreciate them when there are those around us who speak and act like jerks all the time. Go, Randy!

FORT Newbie
    What is this thing about Randy's voice?? It is high pitched. So what. At least he doesn't talk like Reese who is gay. A person can't help how his voice sounds. I didn't much care for Mose's voice, low, slow, heavy accent. But that doesn't make him gay either. I think you all who are dissing Randy because of things like teeth and voice need to get a life. Who cares? He obviously doesn't. I think he is just cool, calm, collected. He is a typical Amish man. They don't speak much, especially to the English. He was living with English. I personally thought of all the characters, Randy had the coolest head, humblest spirit, and a straight forward, no nonsense approach to life. He minded his own business and lived his life. He was obviously living out his faith when he was with the poor and interacting with them. Randy is cool, not a fool. Leave him alone and get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthseeker
    What is this thing about Randy's voice?? It is high pitched. So what. At least he doesn't talk like Reese who is gay. A person can't help how his voice sounds. I didn't much care for Mose's voice, low, slow, heavy accent. But that doesn't make him gay either. I think you all who are dissing Randy because of things like teeth and voice need to get a life. Who cares? He obviously doesn't. I think he is just cool, calm, collected. He is a typical Amish man. They don't speak much, especially to the English. He was living with English. I personally thought of all the characters, Randy had the coolest head, humblest spirit, and a straight forward, no nonsense approach to life. He minded his own business and lived his life. He was obviously living out his faith when he was with the poor and interacting with them. Randy is cool, not a fool. Leave him alone and get a life.

ITA ,Thanks. I never judged him by his voice ,never have and never will.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast