+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Mose

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Carin
    I'd love it if they gave Mose Lasic eye surgery. That way when and if he returns he has something significant to take back with him. Also when he makes toys etc. it would come in handy. He has a great face and without the eyewear that would show up more. He's a real catch.

Since they're giving Jonas, (another sweetie in my opinion) his GED which I think is wonderful it would be nice to give something like this to Mose. Imagine the effect.

I doubt that Mose would ever agree to LasiK eye surgery....so shallow of an idea that you think he isn't cute with glasses! Besides, he's young enough that in a few years when his eyes change again he'll need glasses anyway.

FORT Fogey
    Speaking of glasses, did anyone notice that Mose no longer wears the little oval glasses? (Which I thought were cool) Wonder why he's changed to the larger ones....

Quote Originally Posted by Carin
    Geekgirl

I heard Mose say in the first episode that he never got to have Rumspringa but rather his parents insisted he get baptised at 17 so that he decided to take his rumspringa now, even though he's baptised. So this other information seems odd. Also unlike him.
    I read some where on this forum (old and can't remember where) that this is acutally Mose's 2nd Rumspringa.
    There's no place like home!

captain I saw him on Regis and Kelly a couple of weeks ago and he said that this was his first Rumspringa .. he skipped it the first time around and was baptized into his faith at 17.
    Also he wasn't wearing his glasses at all during the interview. He was very relaxed and funny... this was weeks before I saw the show though, it just started airing about 3 weeks ago in Ontario
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    I doubt that Mose would ever agree to LasiK eye surgery....so shallow of an idea that you think he isn't cute with glasses! Besides, he's young enough that in a few years when his eyes change again he'll need glasses anyway.
    I never said he wasn't cute with glasses?! I did say however how convenient he'd find it for making toys etc. Also if he does construction glasses can be a real hassle especially in changing weather. I did point out that without the glasses his cute face would be more visable. Please do not try to put words into my mouth or mistake my meaning.

Lasik isn't about vanity but convenience. We are not talking about lipo. And would you tell a person not to have corrective surgery or some similar treatment because it is vanity. We are talking about (albeat a lesser form) a disability. Why not offer him the improvement and let him decide what he wants?

FORT Newbie
    Can guys join the Mose fan club, too? I agree that Mose will make some Amish woman a great husband. He'd also make a great friend for anyone, period. He has an intelligent, calm, and sincere quality that reminds me of one of my best friends. A lot of me hopes that he does return to the Amish community since if he were to leave, it would be a loss for the community that he seems to love. I was really impressed with the gadgets he built and noted with some distaste that the non-Amish kids did seem very impressed. He's a natural engineer and would undoubtedly be able to make it successfully outside of the Amish community, and his inventive nature would be broadened, but the rat race out here isn't all it's cracked up to be. The guy's got a great head on his shoulder's; they (the Amish kids) all do.

One final note, I agree with what someone asked in a previous post, "did they pick the rudest, most insensitive, and selfish jerks alive to be the city kids?" I'd add ignorant and shallow to the list of attributes. I'd like to think that this isn't representative of the vast majority of the non-Amish community.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Effluvial! Great post! I loved when he showed off the tractor he made. He was so proud! He is just too sweet!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I love how understanding and open Mose is without losing sight of his own beliefs. He does have a really good head on his shoulders. I thought it was great that he was asking so many questions during the Hare Krishna lunch.
    Ludicrous speed!

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    captain I saw him on Regis and Kelly a couple of weeks ago and he said that this was his first Rumspringa .. he skipped it the first time around and was baptized into his faith at 17.
    Also he wasn't wearing his glasses at all during the interview. He was very relaxed and funny... this was weeks before I saw the show though, it just started airing about 3 weeks ago in Ontario
    This is the article I was talking about. I guess I read it to it that this is his 2nd rumspringa:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Jul21.html
    former teacher turned construction worker Mose is actually re-rumspringaing, having left the flock in his teens, returned, been baptized and now left again. Mose told critics that he was considered "very rebellious" and a "bad influence"
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by charstar813
    I love how understanding and open Mose is without losing sight of his own beliefs. He does have a really good head on his shoulders. I thought it was great that he was asking so many questions during the Hare Krishna lunch.
    I was impressed with that, too. Despite a restrictive religion, this group of Amish seem open-minded and tolerant. It's obvious, though, that Mose had never read the word Hare Krishna -- he called them "hairy Christians."
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread