+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Mose

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by touque
    I understand it to work like this.
    During rumspringa, you can leave and not be shunned. After you join the church, if you leave, you are shunned while you are gone. You are still free, however, to repent and return to the church.
    Someone else mentioned this I believe but apparently he'll face "church discipline" if/when he returns since he's been baptised.

Anyhoo I'm here to join the fanclub. This guy is awesome. He's easily my favorite reality show guy ever. One of so few that really seems "real". How cute is that sing songy way he talks sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by touque
    Thankyou, Dreamerfish, I'd have missed it if wasn't for your post. You rock.
    You're welcome tougue

Mose truly is a sweetie!! I was a little disappointed that the interview was so short I think Kelly and Bryant Gumblecch spent too much time at the beginning of the show talking about nothing :rolleyes

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    Someone else mentioned this I believe but apparently he'll face "church discipline" if/when he returns since he's been baptised.

Anyhoo I'm here to join the fanclub. This guy is awesome. He's easily my favorite reality show guy ever. One of so few that really seems "real". How cute is that sing songy way he talks sometimes?
    Mose seems the most resistant to leaving the Amish.
    I'm just waiting for Mose to explode on Nick someday.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamerFish
    ... Bryant Gumblecch ...
    That was funny! "Gumblecch!"
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Premium Member
    I found some pretty interesting info about Mose in this article.

Also calming some of the critics' concerns, the five Amish participants in this reality series seem to be pretty rumspringaed from the get-go. Construction worker Jonas is a self-described "bad boy," and former teacher turned construction worker Mose is actually re-rumspringaing, having left the flock in his teens, returned, been baptized and now left again. Mose told critics that he was considered "very rebellious" and a "bad influence" as a teenager. Also, the Amish participants already are talking mall-speak in the first episode: Mose says his first ride on an escalator is "really freaking me out" and Ruth describes her first experiences -- visiting the beach, seeing a parking meter, seeing art in a gallery, you name it -- as "awesome."
    Assuming that this is true, I am surprised to learn that Mose has done rumspringa before. And a little confused to be honest...

I can't imagine Mose as a bad influence.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Newbie
    Mose makes me think of Matthew 5:16 - about letting your light shine among men that they may be see your good works and glorify God in Heaven. He is in fact a very good influence in this respect.

FORT Newbie
    I'd love it if they gave Mose Lasic eye surgery. That way when and if he returns he has something significant to take back with him. Also when he makes toys etc. it would come in handy. He has a great face and without the eyewear that would show up more. He's a real catch.

Since they're giving Jonas, (another sweetie in my opinion) his GED which I think is wonderful it would be nice to give something like this to Mose. Imagine the effect.

FORT Newbie
    Geekgirl

I heard Mose say in the first episode that he never got to have Rumspringa but rather his parents insisted he get baptised at 17 so that he decided to take his rumspringa now, even though he's baptised. So this other information seems odd. Also unlike him.

Premium Member
    It does seem a little fishy, Carin. Maybe it isn't true.

The best you can do is to fake it
    Sometimes you canít make it on your own

+ Reply to Thread