+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mose

Join me in the lovefest for Mose He's easily my favorite of the bunch! At first I got a very Rainman vibe from him and wasn't diggin it, but by the time the premiere episode was finished I completely adored him. I totally agree with Scarlett that he's definitely gonna make a great husband for a very lucky Amish girl someday!

FORT Fogey
    Welcome, Libs, to the "I Mose" club.

FORT Newbie

The City Children need to learn manners!!!

The city kids have been so rude it is beyond belief to me. Mose is so mature -- they could learn a million lessons from him just by shutting up and listening. They have mistreated everyone but when Mose almost drowned -- they were absolutely horrible. These kids have so much to learn that it will take them years to catch up with young people their own age.

Yeah I'd have to agree that Mose is great! Yeah that really bugged me that they kept saying "Moses", I kept thinking "Wait a sec, his name is Mose...he never said Hey call me Moses". I loved it when he took out that little toy, Vino or Beano (as I thought he was saying ) and he said he enjoyed the city kids looking like idiots because they couldn't figure out his toy
    Yes he'd make an Amish girl very happy! I see him going back to being Amish because he loves his religion so much and believes in the Amish ways. He doesn't want to go too extreme with the city kids.
    I didn't expect Kevan to make fun of Mose like that
    Makes me want to punch Kevan out for making fun of Mose like that

Meg
    Visit my site at: http://edrivehome.cjb.net

I just watched a bit of this show last night, but I'm jumping on the Mose bandwagon...what a sweetie. How cute was it when he put on all those shirts and took 'em off one by one, asking whatshername fashion stylist how they looked as he shed them? Who knew an Amish kid could be so cool?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I just watched a bit of this show last night, but I'm jumping on the Mose bandwagon...what a sweetie. How cute was it when he put on all those shirts and took 'em off one by one, asking whatshername fashion stylist how they looked as he shed them? Who knew an Amish kid could be so cool?
    The trying on shirts bit was adorable. Mose is adorable. And so open to the others in the house. He has more natural charm than all the others in the house combined.
    My favourite thing about him though is he is so intelligent. Mr. Touque stated that he thought Mose, if raised outside of the Amish, would be a Harvard prof or a tech wizard or something. I agree.
    I want a Beano!

I felt so bad for him when he was scared that he might not go to heaven.

FORT Newbie
    What's really the most interesting about Mose (besides his dry wit, darling accent and overall charm!) is that he's actually already been baptised and joined the church - he's taking a huge risk of being shunned and ostracized by his community if he does choose to go back. Since none of the other other Amish youths have been baptised, none of them would have such a consequence. He could be banished from everyone and everything he's ever known!! This tells me that he REALLY must have wanted/needed to have his rumspringa - after all, what would you risk everything and everyone for?

Laura

I agree with you all about Mose being renamed. I think that Mose will definately go back to the Amish community. I noticed as well how noone cared that he went back in, which is sad because the city kids could sure use a lesson in overcoming something inside themself and not let the negative experience be the thing that you take back with you. Overcome something that takes extreme courage. I wonder if Mose has been baptised in the church why is he allowed to take his Rumspringa? I thought once you were baptised you shun the world or risk being shunned by your family and the community you grew up in? :
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today" - James Dean

FORT Fogey
    I understand it to work like this.
    During rumspringa, you can leave and not be shunned. After you join the church, if you leave, you are shunned while you are gone. You are still free, however, to repent and return to the church.

+ Reply to Thread