+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Mose

Sorry if I offended you Galliard, I was just referring to Reese.

FORT Regular
    Hey, no problem...it wasn't really you, Gracie, I was refering to. I actually sort of agree with your last comment. I'm not sexually attracted to perfumed, pantied girl-men either! lol Seriously, the last thing I want to do is start a silly flame-war on the Mose thread. In the spirit of Mose's philosophy, I just want to get along.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azsk8fan
    I really wish these shows would shy away from bringing on the gay boys.....too much to stomach......
    I'm getting tired of jerky, loudmouthed, Ceasar-complexed heterosexual men on these reality shows, they're getting hard to stomach.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did anyone catch the Jimmy Kimmel Show last night? Mose and Ariel were on there. I forced myself to stay awake long enough to watch the beginning of the interview. Mose was cracking a lot of jokes and Ariel wasn't really asked any questions, they were all directed at the Amish/Mose.

I dunno the rest, I fell asleep. Anyone else catch it?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fan
    I think Mose is the oddest of the bunch.

He comes across as a really detached person, who lives in neither the Amish world or the Modern world.
    He's also a bit vain, he prides himself on his intelect, which I find rather disturbing and gut-wrenchingly sour, the man thinks himself an inventor, and I think he takes himself and his ideas quite seriously. He might be an inventor in the Amish community, working on the fringes of what is allowed, in our world, he's nothing more than a toy-maker, and an old-fashioned one at that.

Because he falls between ship and shore, I can't help but to feel sorry for the guy. Too big for the napkin, too small for the tablecloth.

It's a pitiful sight.

He means well, he's just so godforsakingly alien to the world that it all comes across as an awkward and failed attempt.

FORT Regular
    You make some very interesting points, Cairon...things I hadn't thought of before. I suppose he is a bit vain...maybe I would say "proud" or "prideful" instead, though...a minor difference, but still. Now that you point it out, I also see that he could be a figure of some...uh...pity? (Not sure if that's the word I want). He does seem stuck between two worlds, and I don't know if either would make him happy at this point. But I really think he'll eventually return to the Amish. A couple of words you used I'm not sure I agree with: disturbing? gut-wrenchingly sour? Maybe I don't get the inference, but these are words I wouldn't use to describe Mose...or any "moseian" quality, at least from what we've been shown so far. And for the record, I find his little inventions/toys very cool! I just wanted to smack Reese with a sock when he rolled his eyes and acted so smug and superior when Mose showed his gadgets...what a jack*ss! :phhht (Reese, that is!)

FORT Newbie
    He seems so genuine and kind, and so interested in new experiences. How much fun would he be to hang out with?! He's such a sweetheart!

The first thing Mose needs to do is to stop getting so darned excited about every little thing. "A toilet! Wow! Never saw that before." or, "A bus. That's new to me." Of course it is ya dope! Sure this guy is friendly and all, and he's usually the first one in the group to volunteer himself for whatever they're going to do next, but he sticks out like a sore thumb. I saw him eyeing up those Amish girls tonight after their makeovers and thought to myself, "Geez buddy, why would you go back to the farm when you got this?" I say this because I think out of all the Amish, he's the most likely to go back. The two girls won't go back. They're too hot! Mose might wear the lampshade at the party, but the girls will get them in the door. They may not know what a telephone or running water is, but from what I see, letting loose is suspiciously too natural.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by sqpiggy
    The first thing Mose needs to do is to stop getting so darned excited about every little thing. "A toilet! Wow! Never saw that before." or, "A bus. That's new to me." Of course it is ya dope! Sure this guy is friendly and all, and he's usually the first one in the group to volunteer himself for whatever they're going to do next, but he sticks out like a sore thumb. I saw him eyeing up those Amish girls tonight after their makeovers and thought to myself, "Geez buddy, why would you go back to the farm when you got this?" I say this because I think out of all the Amish, he's the most likely to go back. The two girls won't go back. They're too hot! Mose might wear the lampshade at the party, but the girls will get them in the door. They may not know what a telephone or running water is, but from what I see, letting loose is suspiciously too natural.

I doubt that Mose will go back. The word is that he has been out of the Amish community for two years when they found him to be on this show. The fact that he was on Jimmy Kimmel again makes me think that he did not return to Amish. This show was taped some time ago and if the decision had been made to return to the Amish, they would have done so by now.

My underlying thought here is a word of advice NOT to take this show too seriously. It's a well known fact that 'reality' shows like this are often faaaaar from reality.

I forgot about not being able to post last night until the show was over, so I will try this again. Mose has said numerous times during the show that he misses his family and not being able to talk to them or vice versa. The way he states it he had been shunned before going on the show. So I am in agreement, that he left the community before the show and the producers found him and talked him into the show.
    There's no place like home!

I believe all they Amish kids were already in Rumspringa before they were approched to do the show. Rumspringa doesn't have a time limit you can go back when and if you feel that joining the church is the right thing. The only difference between Mose and the other Amish kids is that he was already baptized into the Amish church before he went on Rumspringa. I think this is why he is being shunned from his family.
    Do i love you because you're beautiful? Or are you beautiful because I love you?

+ Reply to Thread