+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 hour premiere on 07/28

2 hour premiere on 07/28

FIVE AMISH YOUNG ADULTS ON THEIR TRADITIONAL JOURNEY OF DISCOVERY MEET THEIR NEW ROOMMATES AND BEGIN TO EXPLORE
    LOS ANGELES, ON THE SERIES PREMIERE OF "AMISH IN THE CITY,"
    A NEW REALITY SERIES, WEDNESDAY, JULY 28 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) ON UPN

"This is My Very First Time on an Escalator" -- Five Amish young adults, who have left their spiritually devout, rural communities to experience cosmopolitan life during their traditional journey of discovery, known as rumspringa, arrive in Los Angeles to meet their six diverse, big city roommates, settle into their new ultra-modern Hollywood Hills home and begin to explore the delights and challenges of modern life, on AMISH IN THE CITY, a new reality series, which premieres with a special two-hour episode, Wednesday, July 28 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on UPN.

In the premiere, the Amish begin to experience unfamiliar technologies, including escalators and airplanes, and new foods, including sushi and avocados. Together, all of the roommates visit scenic Los Angeles destinations, including an emotional first-time visit to the ocean for some of the Amish and a spectacular rooftop view of the downtown skyline.

AMISH IN THE CITY will regularly air on Wednesday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

AMISH IN THE CITY chronicles how relationships develop and viewpoints collide in a house shared by young people from very different cultures, while also introducing viewers to the intensely personal Amish coming-of-age experience, called rumspringa (a Pennsylvania Dutch word loosely translated as "running wild"). During this religious rite of passage, young Amish men and women are allowed to leave their homes to explore the outside world until they decide whether or not they want to join the Amish church and be welcomed back into their families or stay in the outside world.

From moments serious and significant to lighter and trivial, cameras catch everything as the Amish journey outside their quiet rural areas and are gradually introduced to both the delights and challenges of modern metropolitan life. At the same time, the Amish kids give their city counterparts insight into their beliefs, values and a lifestyle dedicated to faith, modesty and unadorned means.

The city roommates include a handsome swim teacher, a fashion-forward party girl, a colorful club promoter, a busboy/musician, an inner-city student and a strict vegan. While these six people are surprised to learn they will live with the Amish, the entire group soon share a California adventure, complete with wide-ranging daily activities meant to be fun, unexpected and enlightening for everyone in the house. Some of these excursions include a helicopter trip to a resort island and walking the red carpet at a Hollywood movie premiere.

The executive producers are Jon Kroll ("Amazing Race," "Big Brother"), Steven Cantor ("Devil's Playground," "Family Bonds") and Daniel Laikind ("Devil's Playground," "Family Bonds"). AMISH IN THE CITY is a production of New Line Television in association with Stick Figure Productions.

RATING: To Be Announced

This premiere will be rebroadcast on Friday, July 30 at 8pm Eastern.

FORT Fogey
    I couldn't find the local listing for this tonight, I was getting seriously bummed. I finally figured out it's not getting aired until 11:00 pm here! So I guess I'll be staying up late tonight.

Be glad its on at 11:00... It looks like if I want to watch I have to stay up till 12:30.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    i love that no matter what show i want to watch, i know i can find it on this board.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by who_me?
    Be glad its on at 11:00... It looks like if I want to watch I have to stay up till 12:30.
    Really? Bummer! I'll just have to resist the temptation of the spoiler thread until then!

+ Reply to Thread