Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Top Model 6/3 *spoilers*

Next Top Model 6/3 *spoilers*

Okay, since it's almost 10 on the west coast here, probably it 's too late for spoilers, but I like to play by the rules

Since there is no thread for tonight's episode, I conclude that I am the only one watching. Oh well, I enjoyed it.

Except for Tyra. She produced the darn show--she of all people ought to know that it is America's NEXT Top Model, not America's LAST Top Model. Yet she seems to love her camera time, doesn't she. I really hate when they use "this fabulous picture of Tyra" as the model and when she rants about what she's gone through. My heart bleeds for the poor super model. Okay, enough Tyra ranting...

I think they should give Adriene the crown now. She rocks. I don't care if she is a stoner. She's the only one who does well every single time. Plus, she's not even really pretty, then they take photo, and it's "wow, who's THAT?" She also cares the least about herself in the diva sense, which is nice. And she likes snakes, which is cool. And she's the least afriad of being naked, which is an essential quality in a model.

I was sad to see Nicole go instead of Ebony. I am truly tired of Ebony's ranting. And I hated to see little Miss Co-Dependant head home to her immature boyfriend--the farther away she is from him, the better. She needs to be her own person, big time.

I thought Giselle's picture was attrocious. I total agreed with her own assessment. I hope she is the next to go, well, after Ebony. I have never found her pretty.

Robyn is annoying, but I wish they would stop with all the plus-sizes nonsense. I think it should be a law that plus size models should actually have to fit size 14 and above. Truth in advertising, and all that. She looked great in her photo, despite being such a pansy about the snake.

So, if anyone else saw the show, feel free to comment on it here. I think it's my favorite right now (but I had a bad week last week and missed the premiers of the 2 I really wanted to see--Fame and TAR, so that could change--I wish all the shows had last week's episode playing before the new one like Top Model does--it helps a lot). I just love the fashion.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

FORT Regular
    They are a bunch of hypocrites. Nicole felt sick and was right in not going yet Adrienne went and then Tyra said "you should know when to say no". I knew from the start something was wrong. They showed Nicole in a very negative light. I think they blew the bf thing into one episode. Absolute bs

Well I guess two of us are watching at least. I enjoyed the show.... it was a lot of fun to watch & I love seeing "behidn the scenes" of things like these...

Adrienne is gutsy and beautiful but is driving me crazy with her "mopey" (stoned?lol) confessions and all her comments about being poor or not being able to afford this or that lol
    BUT.... I really love her for what she did tonight, she's got real guts & motivation to keep going, and she's definitely got what it takes to be a model.

I think right now Elyse is my favorite. I think she is very classy...

Robyn...oh gee..what a pain in the butt. And what's with the plus size model comments??? Uhm...excuse me? I didnt see any pluses anywhere on her body LOL, I dont know what standards they have, must be very...very.... uh... petite. If she's a plus size I'd hate to see what I would be classified as ...

Loved the snake photo shoot..it's great to test their limits, whenever they go on photoshoots there will always be distractions of one kind of another, so I think it was a great test to see who could keep their cool under unexpected & frightening (to some) situations...

Loved the show, will definitely keep watching it, it was great!!
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I thought it especially sucked that Nicole got cut after the hair-altering episode. If I ever spent $1500 on my hair.....okay, never mind, that could never happen, not even in an alternate universe. But she's out $1500, and also out of the the competition, in one episode. That's gotta sting.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

FORT Fogey
    WOO HOO!!! I'm glad to hear you all are watching!!!

FORT Regular
    They just blew Nicole's potential career out the window. What a bunch of A**holes

FORT Newbie
    I thought it was very entertaining as well. I love Elyse and Adriene. Robin and Ebony were a bit over the top.

I thought it was great that Adriene showed that much determination to get back to the competition. I hope she goes far.

FORT Newbie

Next Top Model - 6-3-03

Ok, I'm so glad that I found this website and that there are others like me who are becoming - shall I say it - obsessed with this show! (Ok, maybe just "hooked"). Anyway, I'm also very pleased to find that others share my opinion. I think Adrienne and Elyse will most likely go all the way... and THANK GOD Nicole is off the show! She was getting on my nerves with: 1) Her attitude about being too sick to attend the event, and 2) Her inability to cope without her boyfriend. First off, yes, Adrienne was sick also and she got praised for hanging in there, but I didn't see Nicole going to a hospital or even lying sick in bed. Tyra did make that comment about knowing your limits, but I didn't see anything that physically detracted Nicole away from getting involved with either the events or the competition as a whole. Secondly, Nicole kept stressing that this competition - being away from everyone she knows, and especially her boyfriend - is good for her because she needs to gain some independence, but at the end, I think it really came through that things weren't working out for her. Maybe she really did try and give it her all with the independence issue, but when she was leaving the penthouse, she said that the only perk of leaving was seeing her boyfriend again. Hmm... alot of good this time away did for her!!

I agree that Elyse has class. She is by far, my favorite. She had her little outburst but I think it's healthy - I would be screaming my head off in the confession room too if I had to live with 8 other girls, some of who are insanely annoying (Robyn!!! Ebony!!! And the now departed Nicole).

But anywho, love the show, DD - your recaps are freaking hilarious! Thanks for doing them and please - keep 'em coming!

FORT Newbie
    Did any of you catch one of them saying to Nicole that they were removing her old $1500 extensions and exchanging them for much better ones? Ones that were worth many times that much?

I adore Elyse! Anyone who can come up with that much profanity in such a limited amount of time is truly a creative genius! My only question: what's a slice?

Adriene is also awesome...my favorite bit: when she was talking with Elyse about the Prayer Circle From Hell, and Elyse said "that was so inappropriate," and Adriene said "I just tuned it out." Tee hee!

Could Robyn be just a little more disagreeable? And what was up with the mime act behind Ebony in the kitchen?

I can't decide which is funnier: watching the episodes or reading DD's recaps!

FORT Regular
    All I was saaying is that the editing showed Nicole in a bad light. Maybe she was in bed sick, they just edited it out. Like they edited all the times she called her bf. Do you really believe she called him 50 times in 2 minutes. NO. Editing makes you see things differently. Same thing happens on the bachelor. Everyone though Kirsten won bevause of the editing. Also what is wrong with missing those you love? They are human after all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast