Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Finale Fashion Shows

FORT Newbie

Best Finale Fashion Shows

It has been ten seasons of ANTM and this show definitely had its share of campy, cheap fashion shows but there were a few that were actually decent.
    Rank which cycles had the best to the worst please.

For me, from best to worst:
    1. Cycle Two - It was a REAL fashion show in Milan with a pretty well-known and upscale designer.
    2. Cycle One - Again, it was a real fashion show during NY Fashion Week, which is pretty cool.
    3. Cycle Four - It was by far the most exciting fashion show ANTM had with its water-theme. The clothes were bad either, none of the campy stuff we would see in later cycles.
    4. Cycle Six - The background of the runway was simply beautiful. The show itself was a bit dry and the clothes looked cheap.
    5. Cycle Ten - This was a huge improvement over the crap that ANTM pulled in its few previous cycle. The fact that they wore Versace was pretty cool but it just didn't seem legitimate to me AT ALL. It didn't seem to be a Versace show. It seemed to be a show where the models just happened to wear Versace. I'd hardly believe that Donetella would actually let Tyra do her little walk in her real shows or let someone of Whitney's size walk. Overall, none of the models walked there seemed to belong in a real Versace show. They seemed a few sizes too big, including Anya.
    6. Cycle Three - It was a pretty boring show since the models walked so damn slow. The clothes looked decent but the staging looked cheap. The best part for me was when Janice was yelling "Yaya, faster!" and Tyra gave her a look.
    7. Cycle Five - Again, it was overally a pretty cheap looking show and pretty lackluster. Nicole did look like a real model though.
    8. Cycle Eight - Oh gosh, the concept was so campy. Let's have the girls walk like bafoons...that'll be entertaining. They looked like idiots in the first walk as if they had sticks up their butts. The staging looked pretty cheap as well.
    9. Cycle Seven - WTF. First of all, the clothes were all the same. But that's nothing compared to the stupid setup they had going on. The girls portrayed bipolar guerilla wives and Jay was apparently their transexual leader. The audience was composed of 10 lost tourists. It was a hot tranny mess.
    10. Cycle Nine - What a crappy way to end a crappy cycle. It in a way, prepared us for the tragedy that was about to happen 10 minutes later in our screens when [mod edit] is crowned the winner. Tyra, walking in as some sort of dragqueen empress was hysterical. She takes herself so silly, it's funny. There wasn't even an audience other than the stilt walkers and performers.

So I personally think the runway quality generally decreased as ANTM got into its later cycles. Some may find the campy style amusing, but it just reminds others of how illegitimate of a modelling competition ANTM really is.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-25-2008 at 10:51 AM.

Re: Best Finale Fashion Shows

Well I personally LOVE C10, C2, C4 & C8 Runway Shows........

I hate C9 & C7 Runway Shows were HORRIBLE!!! They weren't even REAL Fashion Shows!!!
    Homeless: Lauren Lingerie: Aimee Meat: Lauren Paint: Aimee Music Genres: Katarzyna Fuerzabruta: Fatima Jetsetters: Katarzyna Commercial Katarzyna Roman House: Dominique Famous Movie Icons (Paparazzi)Anya CoverGirl Mascara: Whitney

I agree with Swirly about the Cycle 10 one; there was no way it was real. It was good though.
    Cycle 10 Photos of the Week:
    Homeless: Kimberly; Makeover: Lauren; Lingerie: Anya; Meat: Lauren; Paint: Katarzyna; Music: Katarzyna; Water: Anya; Airplane: Lauren; Commercial: Katarzyna; Castle: Anya; Celebrity: Anya; Covergirl: Whitney

Best to Worst:

Cycle Two- Dang how did they get DSquared in Milan to let them do a fashion show! Best one! I can't get over Mercedes strut on the runway.
    Cycle Four- Amazing! The walking on water was just so ! I love Naima's stomp.
    Cycle One- It was a real show! No Roy Campbell campiness!
    Cycle Five- Another real fashion show...well kinda. The Shakesphere stuff was retarded but a good show over all.
    Cycle Eight- Campy but Jaslene had an amazing stomp!
    Cycle Ten- Dang Versace!?!?!? It wasn't a real show but it was good. Very Roy Campbell.
    Cycle Three- Not even memorable I almost forgot it on the list.
    Cycle Seven- Ehh too much, too camp, too not good.
    Cycle Six- I didn't like it. Joanie looked fierce on the runway though!
    Cycle Nine- Horrible runway show. Everything was staged and Tyra ruined it. Chantal looked good in those dresses tho!
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

from best to worst in my opinion

best
    worst
    !The Fiercest Photos Of Cycle 10!

ANYA- paparazzi | WHITNEY- covergirl
    WHITNEY- homeless | FATIMA- castle couture
    LAUREN- lingerie | ANYA- fuezabruta

i'm not going to list in worst to best, but i absolutely loved cycle 2 and cycle 10
    Anya: (holding the navigation cell phone) why are we going the opposite way?

My List and Comments.

1. Cycle 5: It was amazing! Great clothes, everything was great and really looked like a real fashion show. Nicole and Nik did very well, also. I loved the background.
    2. Cycle 1: Great, amazing. Really looked like a fashion show, no negatives.
    3. Cycle 4: Again, I loved it. I loved it. No negatives.
    4. Cycle 2: A little overrated but great.
    5. Cycle 8: I liked it. But there's something missing.
    6. Cycle 10: I agree with Swirly: It didn't seem to be a Versace show. It seemed to be a show where the models just happened to wear Versace. The stage was good, but too small. It was just too small, not so much audience... I wanted a longer runway and more audience. It wasn't a real fashion show either.
    7. Cycle 3: The clothing and japanese thing going on were great, but I hated how the models should walk (slow) and the shape of the runway. It would be amazing if it was a normal walk and a normal type of runway.
    8. Cycle 6: Bad. I didn't like the idea.
    9. Cycle 7: The idea wasn't bad. But there's no audience at all. I don't know, something missing.
    10. Cycle 9: The clothing and makeup were great. But the stage were audience are just terrible, it wasn't a real fashion show.
    I'll miss Alamela.

FORT Fogey

Come one guys, Cycle 10 should be ranked way higher. Why? MEN! Oh yeah, that's a good enough reason for it to break the top 3. Plus Versace!

Dax

Even though it was not a Versace show, it was an ANTM fashion show with girls wearing Versace clothing which is different, I loved it.

C4 is pretty much the best one. It's the fiercest one ever.

I really liked the Sass and Bide one too.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Swirly;3021128;
    5. Cycle Ten - This was a huge improvement over the crap that ANTM pulled in its few previous cycle. The fact that they wore Versace was pretty cool but it just didn't seem legitimate to me AT ALL. It didn't seem to be a Versace show. It seemed to be a show where the models just happened to wear Versace. I'd hardly believe that Donetella would actually let Tyra do her little walk in her real shows or let someone of Whitney's size walk. Overall, none of the models walked there seemed to belong in a real Versace show. They seemed a few sizes too big, including Anya.
    I actually thought all the dresses were too BIG. They were obviously not well fitted since the straps kept on falling down. In my opinion, however, seeing all that other crap ANTM pulled out over the years, this was among... the best of the runway shows even though I doubt Donatella paid much attention to the choosing of the dresses. Tyra made that out to be such a big deal, but it really doesn't mean anything. ESPECIALLY since Donatella didn't even attend the show. The rest of the models who walked also did not look the part. I was surprised that Whitney and Anya looked somewhat like Versace girls (Whitney would have looked the part were she thinner I guess). The stage, I thought, looked cheap and the audience was tiny.

Cycle 9 was the worst. The dresses were ugly. The only thing that made the dresses dramatic was the trains. Why were the stilt extras even there? They only blocked the view of the runway from the nonexistent audience. And of course there was Tyra walking in and starting the show like she's the queen. That just seemed really arrogant and campy.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast