Cycle 5
    Cycle 10
    Cycle 6
    Cycle 3
    Cycle 7
    Cycle 9
    AusNTM C4: Sam, Caris, Alex, Demelza.

Re: Best Finale Fashion Shows

Before more people throw the whole "Fake" card out, keep in mind that ANTM fashion shows are fake because they want to keep the show private and away from any press so that final two identities will not be leaked to the public. When they had real fashion shows, they had to cast the eliminated girls in the shows as decoy any speculation of the final two. (I.E. Elyse and Kesse we're in the Babyphat show with Shannon and Adrianne, Diane/Coryn/Lisa/Bre we're in cycle 5's show, etc etc.) Just because they aren't shown in the episode does not mean they weren't there, we don't get to see the whole show, just edited to mainly focus on the final two. Here's are some of the eliminated decoys in the fashion shows...

This Rule of casting eliminated contestant also apply to the "real" ad challenges, Julie/Leah/Magdalena were all shown in final version of Cycle 3 Lee's Jeans ad, and in Cycle 6 OP Swimwear spread, Brooke/Leslie/Furonda all participated and were shown in the spread in the magazine as well.

(Magdalena and Julie are the two on the left, and Leah is on the bottom next to Cassie)

So before more people jump on the fake show bandwagon, there is a reason for them being fake. So that the show wont be publicized or covered by the press, no final two leak. Same concept is use in Project Runway, they have all the final four/five in the shows for fashion week having the eliminated ones as decoys.

Anyways, for my favorite show, i really liked Cycle 4, Kahlen and Naima both really made the show, beautiful swimwear and the theme was really original and beautifully done.

Kinmoku has a very good point there.

IMO, the shows go like this:

1. Cycle 5 - Looked like a real fashion show but was still entertaining (no proper cheesy gimmicks), both of the girls did fantastic.
    2. Cycle 2 - Again, looked like a real fashion show.
    3. Cycle 4 - Great concept, both of the girls walked tremendously.
    4. Cycle 6 - Great location
    5. Cycle 1 - A little boring, but believable
    6. Cycle 7 - Despite the fact that the concept and audience was crap, I found it really entertaining.
    7. Cycle 10 - Versace and the man candy were the only real good things about this show.
    8. Cycle 3 - Liked the clothes but the slow walk was so boring.
    9. Cycle 8 - Hideous concept, bad walks, bad clothes, amateur set-up.
    10. Cycle 9 - I actually liked the clothes but Tyra's supercilious entrance was so painful to watch. POWER TRIP ALERT! I half expected her to command a baby be sacrificed in her honour.
    My yes list for BNTM = Alex, Catherine, Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by Swirly;3022015;
    I rewatched the cycle 10 show a few more times last night. It did become more and more apparent to me that there was no way that it was a Versace show. Nobody, including Tyra(I think) referred to show as a Versace show. I was quite a bit surprised when Tyra said Donetella personally picked out the dresses for the girls. I'm very doubtful of that. But overall, the quality of was great and far from campy, except for the last bit. I commend antm on actually trying this cycle.

Just a question. Were there any actual models that you would find in the Real Models thread that was in the finale show?
    I read in one of Anya or Whitney's interviews that they got to meet Donatella. So maybe she did loan them the dresses for the fashion show.
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;3022776;

Anyways, for my favorite show, i really liked Cycle 4, Kahlen and Naima both really made the show, beautiful swimwear and the theme was really original and beautifully done.
    Daang Elyse looks fierce! So does Lisa. How did you get these pics?
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

FORT Newbie

Kinmoku - You raised a good point. I actually never knew about that! Even in the fashion show, Elyse looked so much more like a model than anyone else.

Speaking of the Cycle One Baby Phat show...A couple of years ago I went to the Baby Phat website where they uploaded their fashion shows on there. I discovered the one where the ANTM models walked in. It had the same setup, models and timing as featured on ANTM. But none of the ANTM models were actually on there! Did they film the show two times? One with and one without the antm models like they did with the Enrique music video?

FORT Fanatic

Cycles 5, 4 and 10 are my favourites. I liked that 5's was a really long runway and the girls got a decent amount of actual walking in, and cycle 4's was just incredible. Both girls walked sooooo well too which made it even better. And 10 was versace! And I loved Whitney's walk, especially in the pink.

3 and 7 were by far the worst for me - BORING!

FORT Regular

Best to worst,
    Cycle 4
    Cycle 2
    Cycle 5
    Cycle 6
    Cycle 10
    Cycle 3
    Cycle 1
    Cycle 7
    Cycle 9
    Last edited by _Reality Junkie; 05-26-2008 at 07:42 PM.
    My Winners: Elyse, Shandi, Yaya, Kahlen, Nicole, Danielle, CariDee, Natasha, Jenah, Anya

aga
    FORTified

Rockin'
    Cycle 2 - I don't know about the fashion show itself, but the edited version shown on TV was the stuff!
    You Gotta Rock to the rythm with em got to give it to em, got to give alot more than the minumum. Rock to the rythm with em got to give it to em, got to give alot more (more)
    Cycle 4 - Stompin' on Water! Good styling - I like Kahlen and Naima's hair.
    Cycle 7 - This finale has grown on me (I change the channel during Caridee's horror show walk). It may not represent a "real" fashion show, but I like the dresses and the setting. Add in Danielle, my getting ticked off at Tyra for directing Danielle, Melrose's meltdown when Caridee steps on her dress and it just gets better.

A'ight / Mixed Bag
    Cycle 1 - Shannon's performance was a pleasant surprise.
    Cycle 5 - Naima and Nicole rocked. The Shakespeareian narration was a miss. Nik's make up - the raccoon eyes - seemed like a set up for failure.
    Cycle 9 - I kinda liked the pageantry of this finale - including Empress Tyra's entrance, but it did not have enough oomph to put it in the rockin' category.
    Cycle 10 - Kudos for landing Versace, I like the change in scenery from Cycle 9's wide open space to the smaller, darker venue.

Meh
    Cycle 3 - This show lacked energy, the clothes were not flattering - Eva in the short pants / short skirt.
    Cycle 6 - The Thai models outshone Joanie and Danielle. Joanie's feathered headdress outfit was cool.
    Cycle 8 - The fact that Jaslene did not blow Natasha out of the water was interesting, but other than that it was blah.
    Last edited by aga; 05-26-2008 at 09:29 PM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast