Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: ANTM Weight and Body Issues Thread

  1. #31
    Chanel Century labrowneyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    856

    Re: ANTM Weight and Body Issues Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3011315;
    One thing that someone brought up in discussion of project runway was designers choosing thin models. I think it has a lot of relevance in this discussion. Why do designers prefer thin models to large models? The answer: It is way easier to design in 2-dimensions than three dimensions. Thin models are the closest a designer can get to 2-D! So the thinner, the better. Creating a sexy dress, but the models don't have breasts? Stuff it or make the design enhance the chest. It is so much easier to create breasts when they do not exist than to hide them when they do. Thinner models are used because it is easier to make dresses translate from paper to a model if that model is as close to the paper as possible (and that means that they must be 2-D).
    I remember Daniel Vosovic's model had a lil junk in the trunk!

    I don't like the fact that my little sister thinks she is fat because when she looks at my magazines (Vogue, Elle, W, GQ) she see's all these thin models. She started saying she's fat and she didn't want to eat that much anymore so she could lose weight. The scary thing about that is that she is only FOUR years old! So I don't let her look through those magazines anymore but she still watches tv and sees all the skinny girls and thinks she is fat. She has some baby fat but she is only four so it is expected. But my god! I didn't start having body issues until I started middle school! Something needs to be done about this.
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

  2. #32
    FORT Fogey Iynereh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,065

    Re: ANTM Weight and Body Issues Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by taffina;3011658;
    I agree, but I still think it's healthier to be 20 pounds overweight than to be 20 pounds underweight.
    You have no energy, and get sick easy.. etc.
    But i already said stay fit! if you stay fit you will not fall sick easily...
    We Will Always Love You Anya!
    You Are Our High Fashion Top Model Forever!

  3. #33
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    26

    Re: ANTM Weight and Body Issues Thread

    I always thought its better to be 20 pounds underweight than 20 pounds overweight because losing weight is much harder than gaining weight.

  4. #34
    Brasilia! queenegoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    685

    Re: ANTM Weight and Body Issues Thread

    I always thought it was better to be at a normal weight. I just think people need to stop rationalizing things and try to aim for a healthy medium by eating right and at least getting exercise 3 times a week.
    Yeah, instead of just looking homeless, itís kind of changed to homeless chic. I dress up my flannel with pearls. -Jenah cycle 9

  5. #35
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    26

    Re: ANTM Weight and Body Issues Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by queenegoist;3014336;
    I always thought it was better to be at a normal weight. I just think people need to stop rationalizing things and try to aim for a healthy medium by eating right and at least getting exercise 3 times a week.
    I think some people would consider being at a normal weight ideal, but all I'm trying to say is given the choice I think a lot of people would rather be 20 pounds underweight than 20 pounds overweight. No one's trying to rationalize anything.

  6. #36
    FORT Fanatic infinite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    470

    Re: ANTM Weight and Body Issues Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewk;3014322;
    I always thought its better to be 20 pounds underweight than 20 pounds overweight because losing weight is much harder than gaining weight.
    i disagree.

    for me, gaining weight is extremely hard.
    it's not that i don't eat and exercise - cause
    i do! it's just that i have a really fast metabolism
    and although i can consume more food than a
    person with a slow metabolism, i only eat as much
    as i need to keep me full, not as much as i want.

    i can lose 2 lbs a day if i wanted to, but for
    me to gain 2 lbs, it'd take weeks. i've stayed
    in the mid 90's for over half a year. so yeah.

    for me, i rather be 20 lbs underweight than 20 over.
    Anya: (holding the navigation cell phone) why are we going the opposite way?

  7. #37
    FORT Regular ShesTheBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    91

    Re: ANTM Weight and Body Issues Thread

    Actually, in some cases it is better to be a little overweight then underweight.
    Even if you are a little overweight, your body still has most of the norishment it needs.
    Congrats to Whitney for being the first plus-size ANTM and David Cook for being the first rocker American Idol!

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey Iynereh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,065

    Re: ANTM Weight and Body Issues Thread

    It depends on your body actually! Go see a nutritionist or a dietitian! I am sure they recommend and help people with special needs.
    We Will Always Love You Anya!
    You Are Our High Fashion Top Model Forever!

  9. #39
    Nicole FTW! Shelton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A world where 115 is healthy, 120 is plus sized and 125 is morbidly obese
    Posts
    489

    Re: ANTM Weight and Body Issues Thread

    The Fashion Industry and the Public bother me at the same time. The Fashion industry is promoting thinner models, which I don't mind, but they are calling people like Whitney C10 fat, which is not at all true, and saying someone of a size 10 is fat is pretty ignorant because 1) that is absolutely not true and 2) you don't know their metabolism etc. But the Public bothers me because, or at least from what people I know say, they think the fashion industry is full of anorexic and bulimic girls, and all models have eating disorders, which is also ignorant. I think the fashion industry needs to learn something about the public, and the public needs to learn something about the fashion industry.

  10. #40
    FORT Fanatic infinite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    470

    Re: ANTM Weight and Body Issues Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelton;3019512;
    The Fashion Industry and the Public bother me at the same time. The Fashion industry is promoting thinner models, which I don't mind, but they are calling people like Whitney C10 fat, which is not at all true, and saying someone of a size 10 is fat is pretty ignorant because 1) that is absolutely not true and 2) you don't know their metabolism etc. But the Public bothers me because, or at least from what people I know say, they think the fashion industry is full of anorexic and bulimic girls, and all models have eating disorders, which is also ignorant. I think the fashion industry needs to learn something about the public, and the public needs to learn something about the fashion industry.
    well said
    that's very true.
    Anya: (holding the navigation cell phone) why are we going the opposite way?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.