Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: 5/14 Show Discussion Thread ****SPOILERS ****

Re: 5/14 Show Discussion Thread ****SPOILERS ****

Quote Originally Posted by tmansback;2998413;
    This show is loosing more and more credibility. The show is loosing its buzz and they wanted a plus size model to get some buzz back. I love Anya personality but I'm not sure she is a big time model. IMO they never wanted Fatima to run that runway. If she walked that runway she would blow them both away. That was no doubt the worst runway I have seen on any of the cycles. Both girls looked out of there league and some of the other models seem to outshadow them. I would say no doubt Fatima is the most successful of the girls on this show. Designers are going to love putting clothes on her.
    She only has like 3 GOOD pictures.
    Well in my opinion anyway.

FORT Fanatic

I'm gutted they didn't show the final fade out picture. I always look forward to that part and the winner's picture with Tyra. This year would have been so stunning. Like Ebony and Ivory.

Congratulatoions, THE BIGGEST WINNER !!!

ugh!

I'm still flabbergasted that she won over Anya. How can someone in the bottom 2, 3 times win over someone who has produces consistently beautiful pictures. Overall I preferred Fatima's CG pic, I didn't like either Anya's or Whitney's. Anya did look dumb and Whitney looked like a platypus, she has no upper lip in the picture and of course her mouth is open. I feel if she shut her mouth in that picture, it would look better. And I thought her walk on the runway was atrocious, it was too pageant. When I think of Versace I think of high fashion, she was too bouncy for my liking. Poor Anya, they put her in a friggin tube sock, how is she supposed to walk in that. Overall, I found this episode to be lacking somewhere, it was kind of boring.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkPink;2998408;
    I'm so sick of seeing "Whitney is fat"... thats just like saying that Anya is a Commie and Fatima is black, therefore they don't deserve to win. I mean no disrespect, but to make fun of any of them based on who they are is bigotry. I would shoot Whitney in a heartbeat. "Real girls" are in demand, heroin chic is out, wilhelmina and other agencies are having casting for plus-sized models. We'll be seeing quite a few shows this fall with thicker models, tight cinched waist coats, pear-shaped look. I saw a proof sheet the other day with 50 models, about 10-15 were thicker, the editors were calling them "rubenesque models" and were discussing them with interest. I know for a fact that a few of them were getting call backs for a bridal magazine shoot. I know the industry is looking for this type of girl now, and so did Tyra. Good luck to the others, but Whit won fair and square.. Good Job Whitney, and thats my last word on this season..
    I've been hearing that too. Didn't Milan have a trade show (I can't remember the real word) for plus-size designers just recently? LIke maybe even last year.

I think I saw one girl on the runway that looks like Jenah.
    Miss Jay: "But that's why it's called COVERGIRL cause it covers up the man in you.."

You know what guys Ive just looked at the covergirl photographs again and I must say Fatimas is stunning it is pure covergirl and her eyes aren't too high. Also Anya comes in second I don't think she looks dumb i think she looks high fashion aswell as commercial appeal. But whitney, and I am a little upset about her winning but I REALLY don't like her covergirl photograph :S am i the only one? It just doesn't look covergirl its not like shes happy like the other girls and doesn't have that covergirl spark in the photograph. It just looks plain weird and Tyra says she sees a model and not actress i think its the complete opposite.

Ranking:

Photographs:
    1.Fatima
    2.Anya
    3.Whitney

Commercial:
    1.Anya
    2.Fatima
    3.Whitney (Way to ms america)
    Roman Castle - Anya
    Movie Stars - Anya
    Covergirl Commercial- Anya
    Covergirl Photograph- Fatima
    And guess who wins....

Dax

I think it Whitney's CG photo is absolutely amazing. One of the best ads I have seen in this show.

As much as I hate to say this, Anya's picture is not CG. She actually looks kinda ugly in there and she is gorgeous.
    Last edited by Dax; 05-15-2008 at 12:21 PM.

Where can I find the covergirl photos?
    Joanie. Jenah. Yaya. Anya. Fatima. Katarzyna. Elyse.

After looking yet again I can see what you mean about anya looking slightly ugly but i still think its a good photograph, im sure she took better ones anyway. The covergirl loved her said she models from her toes so thats good. Still dont see the appeal of whitneys advert....
    Roman Castle - Anya
    Movie Stars - Anya
    Covergirl Commercial- Anya
    Covergirl Photograph- Fatima
    And guess who wins....