Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: 5/14 Show Discussion Thread ****SPOILERS ****

Re: 5/14 Show Discussion Thread ****SPOILERS ****

who was the designer for the final runway?

[QUOTE=PuReAnGeL;2998312;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Antypoo;2998242;
    I love Paulina.
    Even though she called Anya dumb, she knows what she is talking about.
    QUOTE]

Paulina doesn't "called" her dumb, she said that picture (Anya's) LOOKED stupid.
    Yes. I know.
    You understood my point.

Whitney is the one who called the actual Anya dumb. Countless times.

The designer was Versace, it was pretty pathetic that they tried to plug a high end name like Versace in so many times. Of course Donatella would never show up to an ANTM runway show. I understand why ANTM finale fashion shows are fake, they don't want any press for it, and when they did actual runway shows, they had to use decoys and plant the eliminated girls into the shows (i.e. Elyse, Kesse both were in the Baby Phat fashion show, Lisa/Diane/Bre were in cycle 5's show, etc).

Anyways...I just noticed how all the plus size girls in ANTM have the same name practically

Cycle 1 Robin (exception)
    Cycle 3 Toccara (exception)
    Cycle 5 Diane
    Cycle 8 Diana, Whitney
    Cycle 10 Whitney

as i figured, the first girl to be shown in the opening sequences is the runner up, and apparently, the intro always have a hint to the winner as Whitney was the only girl shown to do the make up before hand...

ANTM has been consistent with the runner up first pattern...

btw, has the covergirl pics and whitney/tyra pictorial been uploaded yet?
    Birds of the same feather make one helluve featherduster

I'm so sick of seeing "Whitney is fat"... thats just like saying that Anya is a Commie and Fatima is black, therefore they don't deserve to win. I mean no disrespect, but to make fun of any of them based on who they are is bigotry. I would shoot Whitney in a heartbeat. "Real girls" are in demand, heroin chic is out, wilhelmina and other agencies are having casting for plus-sized models. We'll be seeing quite a few shows this fall with thicker models, tight cinched waist coats, pear-shaped look. I saw a proof sheet the other day with 50 models, about 10-15 were thicker, the editors were calling them "rubenesque models" and were discussing them with interest. I know for a fact that a few of them were getting call backs for a bridal magazine shoot. I know the industry is looking for this type of girl now, and so did Tyra. Good luck to the others, but Whit won fair and square.. Good Job Whitney, and thats my last word on this season..
    Last edited by ThinkPink; 05-15-2008 at 05:21 AM.
    I fell off my pink cloud with a thud. ~ Elizabeth Taylor

FORT Newbie

This show is loosing more and more credibility. The show is loosing its buzz and they wanted a plus size model to get some buzz back. I love Anya personality but I'm not sure she is a big time model. IMO they never wanted Fatima to run that runway. If she walked that runway she would blow them both away. That was no doubt the worst runway I have seen on any of the cycles. Both girls looked out of there league and some of the other models seem to outshadow them. I would say no doubt Fatima is the most successful of the girls on this show. Designers are going to love putting clothes on her.

Quote Originally Posted by tmansback;2998413;
    This show is loosing more and more credibility. The show is loosing its buzz and they wanted a plus size model to get some buzz back. I love Anya personality but I'm not sure she is a big time model. IMO they never wanted Fatima to run that runway. If she walked that runway she would blow them both away. That was no doubt the worst runway I have seen on any of the cycles. Both girls looked out of there league and some of the other models seem to outshadow them. I would say no doubt Fatima is the most successful of the girls on this show. Designers are going to love putting clothes on her.
    IMHO Fatima doesn't have a strong runway walk, so I don't see how she would have blown it away. The girl scoots her feet when she walks. Ms. Jay even said she has a terrible walk. I am so happy that Whitney won!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;2998487;
    IMHO Fatima doesn't have a strong runway walk, so I don't see how she would have blown it away. The girl scoots her feet when she walks. Ms. Jay even said she has a terrible walk. I am so happy that Whitney won!
    No, that was in the beginning. She was actually a marcher! She improved her walk.

I don't know for how long this show will go on, but it seems to me that Tyra would want at least one plus size winner before the show was over. In C8 she cast two, but unfortunately both of them failed to deliver. In C9, perhaps she didn't find a good enough plus size and had to resort to a "real sized model" who also didn't live up to expectations.

Whitney, while not being the best model on the show in my opinion, perhaps was seen as "good enough" and Tyra didn't want to risk a fairly good plus size model winning, maybe at the risk of not finding a better plus sized model. Whitney was good enough, not the best model, but at least in the best half of the bunch.

Just some speculation of mine

This was the worst season of ANTM! I can't beleive Whitney won, and it has nothing to do with her size. She was in the bottom two four times, the judges were constantly criticizing her for things like having her mouth open too much and being fake. She was mean and nasty to some of the girls in the model house. Her runway walk was too over the top, not graceful or professional like the other models. That pink dress was not flattering!
    Anya was never in the bottom two, consistantly took good pictures, won many challenges, looked like a model and she loses?
    I think the main reason Whitney won was because Tyra wanted to make a point that you can be plus size and be a model because Tyra is now considered plus size herself.