Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: 5/14 Show Discussion Thread ****SPOILERS ****

Re: 5/14 Show Discussion Thread ****SPOILERS ****

Quote Originally Posted by infinite;2998107;
    i just showed my mom the finale, and she was so ecstatic
    that whitney won, and i guess i got a deeper understanding
    for what it means for someone to really relate to the winner.

seeing how anya had gotten so many first call-outs, my mom
    thought she had it in the bag. but when tyra called whitney's
    name, her face lit up, and i felt happy that whitney could
    touch people's hearts just like she did with my mom's

& i could not agree more.
    anya looked absolutely amazing in her gown and make-up.
    awww.. you know what, I actually kind of okay with whitney winning now because one of my friend who's plus size (or normal size) said she really happy whitney won. At least there's ONE plus size girl already.. Then I think tyra is doing a great job for making normal size girls out there happy. And of course it's true everyone can look good no matter how's your body type.

Gees, why is my post always the first one on the page.. lol
    Miss Jay: "But that's why it's called COVERGIRL cause it covers up the man in you.."

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmygosh;2998116;
    world history, it's my first one im taking because thats the only ap class we are allowed to take during sophomore year. I would have studied today, but ANTM was on and the Fiercee awards, I just couldnt miss it.
    I wish I could take that one! WH is my favorite! I skipped my school's Baccalaurate to watch the Finale....well that and other reasons! lol.
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmygosh;2998116;
    world history, it's my first one im taking because thats the only ap class we are allowed to take during sophomore year. I would have studied today, but ANTM was on and the Fiercee awards, I just couldnt miss it.
    I'm sure you can work ANTM into world history somehow. Work it, girl! And good luck in AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2998120;
    I'm sure you can work ANTM into world history somehow. Work it, girl! And good luck in AP.
    thank you. I was trying to study but I was so distracted with thinking about the finale tonight.
    Fatima: I feel like that’s the most important thing that anyone can take away from you – your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by infinite;2998107;
    i just showed my mom the finale, and she was so ecstatic
    that whitney won, and i guess i got a deeper understanding
    for what it means for someone to really relate to the winner.

seeing how anya had gotten so many first call-outs, my mom
    thought she had it in the bag. but when tyra called whitney's
    name, her face lit up, and i felt happy that whitney could
    touch people's hearts just like she did with my mom's

& i could not agree more.
    anya looked absolutely amazing in her gown and make-up.
    I know. My English teacher who has struggled with her weight loves Whitney! We both talk ANTM and we usually like the same people.
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MollyMouse;2997209;
    In the end, I wonder if Anya lost because of her speaking ability / unusual accent. After all, the winner needs to appear in numerous Cover Girl commercials?

Just wonderin ...
    That's funny. I've never seen any of the winners(Danielle aside) in CG commercials.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

First Jordin Sparks and now Whitney! I'd say that full-figured young women are getting some outstanding representation! I almost want to eat some cookies so I can fit in when that crowd!

Thoughts about the finale

- I thought the ending was corny. How they did the 3c's challenge.
    - I was confused as to why they barely gave Anya airtime when saying goodbye to the judges
    - I didnt feel anything that much when Whitney was giving her speech, she doesnt seem as happy I thought shed be ! It almost looked like she was asleep.
    -The runway coudve been more fierce, if they chose a different music & showed more footage because I know there was more.
    - I loved Saleisha out there, her hair shoudve been like that the whole time.
    - The covergirl commercial was pointless.
    - All three covergirl's ads were stunning & beautiful.
    - I am shocked that they didnt show Tyra & Whit's picture.

Goodbye Cycle 10, you have been great, redeemed ANTM from Cycle 9.
    Now, it time to look forward to Cycle 11.
    Tyra: Lets hear it for the 6 baddest chick in this competition. Now it's time to get on that private plane.. but guess what? you guys aren't top models yet. My judges are already stars, and they travel FIRST CLASS, PRIVATE. See you later, have fun on your commercial flight. (Tyra & Judges leave for the plane) See you (long pause) in Rome ladies (Final 6 models cheer) Chao Bella.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;2998135;
    First Jordin Sparks and now Whitney! I'd say that full-figured young women are getting some outstanding representation! I almost want to eat some cookies so I can fit in when that crowd!
    I think it's just a trend. They used to love girls like linda and friends. and last they love the heroin chic kate moss, now is EVEN SKINNIER and YOUNGER models, and who knows if next they want back to linda and friends' type of body again? or plus size maybe?
    Miss Jay: "But that's why it's called COVERGIRL cause it covers up the man in you.."

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2998133;
    That's funny. I've never seen any of the winners(Danielle aside) in CG commercials.
    As far as I know, the only guarantees the winners have as far as the CG contract are for the season doing the "My Life..." commercials. That said, I didn't know Dani's done others than those.

That said, I remember somewhere here someone posting a Cover Girl ad of Caridee and possibly Dani wearing the CG glasses. They don't give the girls any of the big makeup campaigns like Queen Latifah and Drew Barrymore are doing right now.

Danielle and Caridee are the only two ANTM's so far that have had their contract renewed for Cover Girl. Saleshia's too new to know if her's has been renewed, Yoanna and Adrienne had other contracts (Yoanna - Sephoria cosmetics, Adrianne - and debate aside - Revlon), and the others the best I know they are no longer doing ads for CG.