Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What Cycle Had The Best Cast?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by duckiies;2979381;
    Cycle 9's only downers were Janet (even though she did take some good shots), Ambreal, and Saleisha. Bianca would make that list if she wasn't so successful post show.

Cycle 10's downers are Atalya, Amis, Stacy Ann, Fatima, Whitney, and Dominique. The modelesque girls make up for those downers though.

Cycle 6 had some great girls except for Sara, Gina, Brooke, and Wendy.
    For me, Fatima, Gina, and Brooke are/were some of the best girls of their respective cycles, especially the former two. Gina has a great, youthful, and very Hee-Hyun look. Her look definitely rivals that of other Korean models, ie. Song and Hye.

I really liked Cycle 8 and 10's girls the most. The former has some really good "money" girls for working abroad, ie. Nata, Brit, and Sam. Also, Jaslene has been getting a substantial amount of work in the states. In terms of Cycle 10, Anya, Fatima, and Aimee are almost perfect.

Re: What Cycle Had The Best Cast?

Looks-wise, I thought Cycle 10 has some of the fiercest girls!

Cycle 9 had some strong girls though. I liked Cycle 5 too.

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2988538;
    For me, Fatima, Gina, and Brooke are/were some of the best girls of their respective cycles, especially the former two. Gina has a great, youthful, and very Hee-Hyun look. Her look definitely rivals that of other Korean models, ie. Song and Hye.

I really liked Cycle 8 and 10's girls the most. The former has some really good "money" girls for working abroad, ie. Nata, Brit, and Sam. Also, Jaslene has been getting a substantial amount of work in the states. In terms of Cycle 10, Anya, Fatima, and Aimee are almost perfect.
    I agree that Fatima is great. But Gina and Brooke? Talk about two of the biggest trainwrecks in ANTM history. Sure Gina was "pretty" and had "nice cheek bones", but she is a horrible model. Her walk was weak, she could hardly one decent frame in her photo shoots. And she couldn't even hold herself together in person. She is nothing more than a casting mistake.

And Brooke? She is one of the most overrated girls of ANTM. Honestly, Tyra tried to cast her as a "unique" beauty, but do you see girls who look like that in Vogue? She just looked nothing like a model. She looked lik soime kind of hybrid of a rhinoceros and a trout. And her portfolio was horrible and she was a babbling mess in person.

I think Cycle 9 was the best overall.
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

FORT Fogey

Brooke and Gina had potential, IMO. I do see girls like that in Vogue, yes. Brooke's head shape is similar to that of girls like Amanda Laine, at least in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2988576;
    Brooke and Gina had potential, IMO. I do see girls like that in Vogue, yes. Brooke's head shape is similar to that of girls like Amanda Laine, at least in my eyes.
    Okay, maybe you could argue that they had "potential" (IMO Gina had potential and Brooke didn't), but to say they're some of the best of their cycles? They pretty much were kept around for their looks despite being horrible at modeling.
    I miss AJ!!

FORT Fogey

IDK, I thought a lot of their photos were excellent. It's probably just my opinion, lol.

FORT Fogey

I never liked Brooke from cycle six. She always looked ratty and took terrible pictures. The only picture she took that I liked was ironically her career goals shot, which landed her in the bottom two. And Gina looked the part, but she was not a good model at all! And I think Fatima's portfolio has been less than great, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2988584;
    IDK, I thought a lot of their photos were excellent. It's probably just my opinion, lol.
    I'm just curious, which ones?
    Gina's bald was nice, but Mr. Jay said in the shoot, she looked like a deerin headlights in every single frame.
    Gina's ice shot was mediocre and Mr. Jay said every single one of her 50 frames were useless.
    Gina's falling photo was awful, she totally did not get it and if that was her best shot, it would be painful to look at the rest of her film.
    Gina's carrer picture had a nice face, but the body a face didn't mix. Also, Mr. Jay said the male model outshined her throughout the shoot.

Brooke's bald photo is awful, she had a bad angle.
    Brooke's ice princess photo was great, an exception.
    Brooke's falling photo is dreadful, her face is at a bad angle.
    Brooke's career photo was alright, but Mr. Jay said she was hard to shoot.
    Brooke's krumping photo was seen as great by the judges, but I think it's bad.
    And brooke's crying and doll shots were both weak.

What's your take on their portfolios?
    I miss AJ!!

FORT Fogey

I know Mr. Jay rarely had a positive thing to say about either's performance during photoshoots, but, the overall finished products of Gina's Bald, Ice, and outstanding Career shots were excellent, while Brooke's krumping, crying, and doll shots were amazing. I also really loved Gina in the promo group shots; also, both of the girls' makeover shots were stunning.

FORT Fogey

To me, cycles 6, 9, and 10 have had the best casts.

C6 may have one of the all-around older batches but there is not a single girl I dislike from it. Every elimination was a bit painful for me.
    C9 was young, fresh, and tall. There are a couple of girls that I'd exclude from it but there was tremendous talent.
    C10 is another cycle where nearly every elimination has been difficult to watch. Even Dominique's. She may not have looked the part of a model but I definitely warmed up to her.

C7 is worth a mention as well. The elimination order and photoshoots were severely screwed but the potential that cycle was almost overwhelming.

I think C3 had the best final six despite some height issues. The girls all eliminated before that point were mostly sub-par in my opinion though. All expendable. I agreed with every girl making it overseas who did. Unlike all of the other cycles where there are at least a couple that I felt didn't deserve that plane ticket.
    Last edited by Wiest; 05-12-2008 at 04:23 PM.