Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Photoshoot Ten: Classic Movie Icons

Dax

Re: Photoshoot Ten: Classic Movie Icons

Anya looks incredible! I'm blown away by her picture.

Whitney looks good. Maybe she can win me over in this episodes.

Dominique and Fatima are just no good.

This a very average top 3. Anya for me is the best one. Fatima and Whitney are just ok.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;2977649;
    I'm not impressed with Anya's so much. Her hair looks great, but her face is blank and not as beautiful as the other girls (excluding Dom). I think Whitney's photo is probably the best this cycle!
    For me, Anya's face tells the story--you surprised me on the steps. Real starlets caught by the paparazzi often have the same look. Whitney's face is pretty, but doesn't tell the story. She looks too posed.

Dax

As a shot Whitney's is very pretty but the story and the elegance I can only see on Anya. It's still very pretty.

Sometimes I like her and sometimes I don't.

Although Anya's does look the best. The judges were right, it was a "lucky" shot
    1.(Homeless) Anya, 2.(Makeover) Fatima, 3.(Lingerie) Marvita, 4.(Meat) Anya, 5.(Paint) Aimee, 6.(Music) Whitney, 7.(Fuerzabruta) Fatima, 8.(Airplane) Katarzyna, 9.(Commercial) Whitney, 10.(Castle) Domanique, 11.(Movie Stars) Whitney, 12. (Commercial) Whitney, 13. (Covergirl) Whitney

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by vanillalatte4;2978159;
    Although Anya's does look the best. The judges were right, it was a "lucky" shot

I haven't seen the rest of her pictures, so I don't know, but even if it's lucky, but if she were just standing there posed like Fatima or Whitney, it would have been safer, not better. Even though Dom's shot is decidedly the worst, kudos to her for at least trying a different body shape and pose.

I just can't get over the fact that Nigel was looking at their racks over 80 percent of the time he was talking to them. It was so obvious once he remembered to look at their eyes in coversation. LOL!

Katarzyna & Anya: Final 2 willl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuruBishisama;2977695;
    Two guys together would have been far hotter than Dominique's photo.
    As a straight guy, I respectfully disagree.

I actually liked Fatima's photo. I also disagree with them that she wasn't going by the theme--the theme was caught by the paparazzi. Some of the stars get pissed, surprised, but some are publicity whores who will smile and pose for the camera. So really her picture is just one interpretation. i still think she could have gone better given she had an extra 50 frames.

Anya's is really good. I think she looks weird with dark eyebrows/platinum hair. Even though she did luck into it, it was much better than the others.

Whitney's was meh. nothing special. She looks pretty as usual, but that picture isn't anything to write home about.

Dominique's is totally movie actor who has been caught in an alley with a tranny hooker (Dominique being the tranny hooker) by a paparazzi--who will sell it to the National Enquirer.

Tyra just looks possessed.

Anyway, I think the call-out order was fair and the right decision was made.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 05-08-2008 at 04:42 PM.

I liked these photos and overall, the season's been great and had more fashiony type photos than gimmick photos (though some are such).

My analysis of each:

Anya - even if she just "lucked" into the shot, she didn't go bananas when her shoe slipped and she reacted (meaning the pic wasn't melodramatic). As a photographer myself, I'd rather have a luck shot as well as standard shots over just the listen to directors type photos. It's also why I liked her trying to have Paulina do many things - you never know what works. And, in the world of digital, you can quickly winnow out the really bad shots, so better to take a gamble and shoot several pics while the person's moving and get a lucky one than pose them.

Whitney - I disagree with the idea that she needed to also turn away. Tyra had a point of some media stars acting haughty but really mugging for the camera. I think this case it worked well. And, she used shadows well to hide her slight paunch from the camera. They had that dress way too tight in her hip area when you see the show. It was easy to see both her and Anya were the top two models this week. Also, when she directed Paulina, I think she did a great job and took great photos. It was nice to see her and Fatima have great pics as well as great direction. If modeling doesn't work, they could have a career in taking photos somewhere.

Fatima - While I'm not sold on her smile here, it's not a horrible photo and does, as someone said, reflect how some celebrities want their mugs taken even if their significant other doesn't want them to be photographed. I also liked her photos with Paulina, though I do wish she used her 50 frames a bit better to give a wider variety of photos to choose from.

Dominique - Was bound to happen. I had a feeling she'd go from an excellent photo to bottom of the pack. Very weak photo and add to that their disdain for her outfits two weeks in a row (not to mention the one a few weeks back that felt like it was scraps of fabric for a top and no leggings), pretty much knocked her out of contention. She wasn't my favorite, and she had some great photos, but I'd cried foul if she advanced over any of the final three. (This does include Fatima, even if she is lucky that they didn't eliminate her for missing the photoshoot).

Overall, I like the final three this cycle, and there isn't one that I wouldn't mind winning (past two cycles there's been at least one). Don't know who'll win, but all three will have, after winnowing out bad ones, great portfolios to use a- especially Anya.

Fatima's is gross as usual, half her body is behind the model .. Whitney won't close her mouth again, Anya had the best pic and i don't care about dominique's.