Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: ANTM Cycle 10 - Finale 3 *Contain Spoiler*

Re: ANTM Cycle 10 - Finale 3 *Contain Spoiler*

I think a better was to gauge performance would be to graph out call out percentiles for each week. But I don't care enough about it to do that ... but if someone else does, more power to them!
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexiel;2969908;
    I'll agree 'till this part because it's supposed to be a modeling competition, not a personality contest.
    And personality plays a part but in panel, not the cattyness in the house.
    Oh come on! It's been ten cycles! It is kind of obvious that this isn't a modeling competition. If it was girls like Saleshia and Adrianne wouldn't win.
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

fatima and whitney delivered some very dynamic photographs.
    HOWEVER, anya's portfolio, overall, is still more diverse & strong for me.

(3 being best, 1 being worst)

pre-show: anya - 3 | fatima - 2 | whitney - 1
    homeless: fatima - 3 | whitney - 2 | anya - 1
    makeovers: fatima - 3 | anya - 2 | whitney - 1
    elle intimates: anya - 3 | fatima - 2 | whitney - 1
    meat-packing: anya - 3 | whitney - 2 | fatima - 1
    paint beauty shot: anya - 3 | fatima - 2 | whitney - 1
    musical genres: whitney - 3 | anya - 2 | fatima - 1
    fuerzabruta: fatima - 3 | anya - 2 | whitney - 1
    roman castle: fatima - 3 | anya - 2 | whitney - 1
    Anya: (holding the navigation cell phone) why are we going the opposite way?

01. Anya
    02. Fatima
    03. Whitney

Anya should be the best winner, next to Dani. 'Nuff said.
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

-Alex Perry, AusNTM

FORT Newbie

I think ANTM may have just redeemed itself - it's ok for Whit to win (the first plus-size to win), also for Fatima (since she's sooo baby Iman with those gorgeous cheekbones and long neck that photographs like a dream) and of course I'm ok with Anya (since she's the most modelesque with the fiercest poses).

I think whitney winning because she is a plus size model is such a terrible reason. She is deproving (if there is such word) week by week and so what if she is plus size? She does not get the work done nicely.
    We Will Always Love You Anya!
    You Are Our High Fashion Top Model Forever!

FORT Newbie

i want whitney to win...
    anya... Mmm... not a winner criteria...
    fatima... Mmm... last cycle a black win...

Quote Originally Posted by mkting;2971360;
    i want whitney to win...
    anya... Mmm... not a winner criteria...
    fatima... Mmm... last cycle a black win...
    anya? not a winner criteria?? she's obviously the best so far...
    hey by the way, last cycle's not a black, but a shroom...
    anti-nigel

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests;2969681;
    The judges seem to love Whitney's personality. Nigel even commented on it last episode. However we may feel about Whitney, her personality isn't hindering her. I still think a lot of people are hating on her just because she's plus size, and using "personality" as the excuse.
    I so agree, it's not even funny. Haters to the left.

Part of Whitney's strength is her appearance and demeanor in the judging room. She is always put together and generally expresses herself well. She doesn't fade into the background, as many have in the past cycles and some in this cycle.

It seems the producers have picked her as the major "narrator" for this cycle. A big chunk of the confessional time time is spent with her. The CW isn't painting her as "the bitch" as they've done with Dominique. Clearly, they think that they can work with Whitney's personality in a positive way.

The only catty comment that comes to mind is the "Anya...so blonde" comment, but that must have been in good humor since she's good buddies with Anya. Plus, Whitney stood up for Aimee. And Stacy Ann mentioned that it would be cool if she won. So, I have to question the whole 'raging bitch' tag that some have tried to attach to her. I think it's more about bitterness that their girl is gone. Lord knows that I think Claire should have lasted longer.

Claire, Whitney and Fatima were my pre/early show favorites. Fatima has proved herself to me as more catty and mean-hearted, to be honest. I've gotten to really like Anya, even though I hated her makeover pic and think she is best shot in angles that minimize her nose. (Jaslene's chin bothers me, too.) Anya does have a sweet, appealing personality. A Whitney/Anya top 2 would please me greatly.
    Last edited by Binah; 05-06-2008 at 11:27 AM.

FORT Fogey

A comment is not what makes Whitney a BITCH.
    It's her demeanor. she rolls her eyes at everyone, she has catty annoying comments towards everyone and everything, all the world should worship her because she's a plus sized model and that's a BIG DEAL and it's so HARD on her. She's not the brightest star either, how is it that your best friend is black proves that you're not racist?
    She feels as if she was better than everyone else, she acts that way too. She's condescending, snotty, over the top and excrutiatingly mean. Highschool girl mean.
    Dominique is dumb, she's hilarious but she's a dumb bitch. Fatima is an icy bitch. She's vindictive and manipulative and talks about everyone in a criticizing demeaning way. She likes to test people and rub them the wrong way, stirr up the pot to say.
    Whitney is the one I can't stand.