Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 172

Thread: Best "SHOT" in ANTM History?

  1. #131
    k.i.m. ClrDeLun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,857

    Re: Best "SHOT" in ANTM History?

    Quote Originally Posted by Afrocentric;3019297;
    The best shot in ANTM history, IMO, is Victoria's Rockclimbing shot. It embodied, to a tee, everything that the fashion industry is about. Awkward pose that works? Check. Long, skinny limbs? Check. Doe-eyed expression? Check. Fabulous wardrobe/hair/makeup? Check. Even the mixed reviews that the photo receives is a testament to its greatness. Most times in fashion, some get it and some don't. This photo is a perfect example of a lot of things that SHOULD be wrong, but totally work themselves out on the right side.

    Best Photo From each cycle:

    Either Kristi or Yaya's Swimsuit

    Kim's Phonebooth
    I love your assertion of Victoria's shot and I must say I agree with it. To me, when panel criticized that photo, it seemed more of a critique on their discomfort and unease over it and not the fact that it caused it. A good photograph injects a strong emotion in the viewer, one way or another. The test of a good fashion photograph is whether the viewer is enticed by their feelings towards it and enough so as to buy into the fantasy of the product. This photograph is a exceedingly rare example of something freakishly fashion-forward on ANTM and I love that.

    BTW, Krist's Swimsuit shot? FAB.

    And Kim's Phonebooth?
    *points to avi
    Also FAB.
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

    -Alex Perry, AusNTM

  2. #132
    x guii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,046

    Re: Best "SHOT" in ANTM History?

    Quote Originally Posted by Afrocentric;3019297;
    The best shot in ANTM history, IMO, is Victoria's Rockclimbing shot. It embodied, to a tee, everything that the fashion industry is about. Awkward pose that works? Check. Long, skinny limbs? Check. Doe-eyed expression? Check. Fabulous wardrobe/hair/makeup? Check. Even the mixed reviews that the photo receives is a testament to its greatness. Most times in fashion, some get it and some don't. This photo is a perfect example of a lot of things that SHOULD be wrong, but totally work themselves out on the right side.
    Are you serious? I absolutely hated that shot.
    I'll miss Alamela.

  3. #133
    FORT Fogey TunaFests's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,858

    Re: Best "SHOT" in ANTM History?

    Quote Originally Posted by ClrDeLun;3020006;
    I love your assertion of Victoria's shot and I must say I agree with it. To me, when panel criticized that photo, it seemed more of a critique on their discomfort and unease over it and not the fact that it caused it. A good photograph injects a strong emotion in the viewer, one way or another. The test of a good fashion photograph is whether the viewer is enticed by their feelings towards it and enough so as to buy into the fantasy of the product. This photograph is a exceedingly rare example of something freakishly fashion-forward on ANTM and I love that.

    BTW, Krist's Swimsuit shot? FAB.

    And Kim's Phonebooth?
    *points to avi
    Also FAB.

    I agree, I loved that shot of Victoria. It was one of the best of the whole cycle. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the panel loved her photo and Tyra was in love with her whole film.

  4. #134
    FORT Regular fashiongeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    80

    Re: Best "SHOT" in ANTM History?

    jaslenes cycle 8 weirdo pic or the mens magazine
    Saleisha=Dreamkiller

  5. #135
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    26

    Re: Best "SHOT" in ANTM History?

    Quote Originally Posted by TunaFests;3021796;
    I agree, I loved that shot of Victoria. It was one of the best of the whole cycle. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the panel loved her photo and Tyra was in love with her whole film.
    I loved that shot too. It was the most high fashion shot that cycle by far (maybe even all the cycles) and it goes against all of Tyra's fie-URCEE crap. You don't have to look fierce to look high fashion.

  6. #136
    I miss cycles 1-6! :( youllseemeontv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    615

    Re: Best "SHOT" in ANTM History?

    Quote Originally Posted by guii;3021595;
    Are you serious? I absolutely hated that shot.
    Exactly. Afro just said 'Some get it, some don't'.

    So, it just proves his point more.
    HOMELESS- Aimee/Marvita | WATER- Anya/Dominique
    LINGERIE- Marvita | TRAVEL- Dominique
    MEAT- Whitney | RENAISSANCE- Dominique/Fatima
    PAINT- Anya/Claire | PAPARAZZI- Anya
    MUSIC- Whitney/Fatima | COVERGIRL- Whitney

  7. #137
    FORT Fan Afrocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    157

    Re: Best "SHOT" in ANTM History?

    Quote Originally Posted by guii;3021595;
    Are you serious? I absolutely hated that shot.
    Yes, I am serious.

  8. #138
    JENAH-chantal-ANYA-KAt <3 squee18's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    38

    Re: Best "SHOT" in ANTM History?

    for me, it's katarzyna's emo pic! i saw it when i still don't know about cycle 10, and i was like, "oh my God!, who's that? she's amazing!" and i cant stop staring at it. and because of that picture, i was convinced to watch cycle 10!!!
    and another one is, Jenah's cover girl shot the strongest and most stunning pic i've ever seen in ANTM, ever.
    "i don't have to spew rainbows incessantly" -jenah doucette
    "she drains my energy! i feel myself melting!, im meltttiiinngg!, i can't take it anymore. -anya kop
    "you're in my face talking to me with a nasty ass breath!" -chantal jones

  9. #139
    !heather forever! hottfroggy77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    370

    Re: Best "SHOT" in ANTM History?

    Quote Originally Posted by squee18;3022392;
    for me, it's katarzyna's emo pic! i saw it when i still don't know about cycle 10, and i was like, "oh my God!, who's that? she's amazing!" and i cant stop staring at it. and because of that picture, i was convinced to watch cycle 10!!!
    and another one is, Jenah's cover girl shot the strongest and most stunning pic i've ever seen in ANTM, ever.
    .... personally i HATE katarzyna's emo shot.... it gets so much praise and deserves none of it ... whats modelesque about it at all?
    !The Fiercest Photos Of Cycle 10!

    ANYA- paparazzi | WHITNEY- covergirl
    WHITNEY- homeless | FATIMA- castle couture
    LAUREN- lingerie | ANYA- fuezabruta

  10. #140
    Katarzyna & Anya: Final 2 willl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    457

    Re: Best "SHOT" in ANTM History?

    God, I hate to admit this. But I think Saleisha's Great Wall pic was pretty damn amazing. The pose, it was so eyecatching. And despite what people on this board are saying, but her face was beautiful. I love it. You just keep looking at it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.