Thread: Photoshoot Eight: Roman Castle Couture

aga
    FORTified

Re: Photoshoot Eight: Roman Castle Couture

My rankings:
    Top - Dominique and Fatima
    OK – Anya
    Meh – Whitney and Katarzyna

I'm not joining in Tyra love train on the photos, they are too dark. The sets and styling were good and her direction was good, but the lighting ruined it.

Dominique – She looked like Peg Bundy at panel. Dominique may not be everyone's cup of tea, but to me her picture is the most interesting. I see myself remembering this photo a couple of years from now. Conventional wisdom would have her out of the competition by now, but she is working it.

Fatima – Even before Tyra made the comment, I thought to myself, “Girl is working the movement!” If I was the photographer, I'd want to shoot with the fastest camera speed possible so I wouldn't miss anything.

Anya – Anya did a good job technically, as if she had the poses memorized in her head and she ran through a routine. The result was good but I wasn't wowed. Also, I'd like to see her film because I'm not sure if she knows her angles – as Tyra stated. Her face looked scarecrow-ish, although the photographer's camera and the TV camera were at different angles.

Whitney – I like the picture because there is something poignant about it, but I can't give Whitney or Tyra credit because it was unintentional. Also, I get frustrated when the coaching is too little too late. Whitney should have gotten this feedback earlier (or Tyra should have stood by her side and they work the poses together like she did with Cycle 2's Xiomara during the Grace Jones shoot.

Katarzyna – Just blah, somewhat awkward. Like Whitney, I am frustrated that the coaching comes too little too late. In fact, the best feedback was Paulina's, but did Katarzyna even get it before she watched it on TV. By the way, what possessed her to dress like Dominique for panel? I hope that Katarzyna gets signed to a good agency and she gets good coaching; when they showed her portfolio montage at the end, I thought she's almost but not quite there.
    Last edited by aga; 05-04-2008 at 10:57 PM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Claire & Anya & Kata Zilverlelie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aga;2968687;
    My rankings:

Katarzyna – Just blah, somewhat awkward. Like Whitney, I am frustrated that the coaching comes too little too late. In fact, the best feedback was Paulina's, but did Katarzyna even get it before she watched it on TV. By the way, what possessed her to dress like Dominique for panel? I hope that Katarzyna gets signed to a good agency and she gets good coaching; when they showed her portfolio montage at the end, I thought she's almost but not quite there.
    That's true. I loved her on the show, but that montage sequence wasn't too great.
    I do think she could get there, with some more coaching and experience!
    Anya: Aw, great! My first step in Rome and I eat it on the ground!

Dominique bombed the photoshoot. Im impressed.
    Question: What did you do in your downtime?
    Anya: We made up Couture Twister and Model-opoly! Katarzyna made it up.
    : Awwwwww!

Lauren would've kicked ass at this.

Quote Originally Posted by stephy501808;2977961;
    Yes, she definetly would've rocked it... although i dont know if she would've gotten the poses right. I miss her..

Dom's photo was the best IMO, this photo alone should've gotten her a spot in the final 3. Whitney should've gone home that week (and last night as well).

Anya's picture was ok that week. Kat's was blah, but her body of work should've kept her in the competition. Fats pic is pretty, but I think Lauren, Kat and Anya had a better portfolio. Yes, the best final 3 should've definelty been Kat, Anya and Lauren. With Dom in 4th place.

Quote Originally Posted by stephy501808;2977961;
    Not really. Bet her chubby stomach would've not even fit in the dress
    "You are not even worth it, sweetheart." -Fatima

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789