Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031

Thread: 4/23 show thread ***** SPOILERS*****

Re: 4/23 show thread ***** SPOILERS*****

I have this same issue. Most people think it is pronounced as it is spelled.

Kari Ana being of course, Care EE AEEna. In reality it is pronounced

CAR EEE AAhnna. People butcher it all the time. Sometimes I just let them

call me Keery by it just about drives me crazy. I am sure if I was on

television I'd make sure it was pronounced right just as Kat has done. I

suppose with everyone it is always something that is going to drive a

person crazy.

Kari Ana

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2944111;
    I would say make it a drinking game, but then people would risk being rushed to the ER for alcohol poisoning.

Anyway, I am kind of curious what clothes they will put Whitney in, since the sizes are so small.

About the Kata name correction, i thought she handled it rather well. I have a name that despite what I do to have people pronounce it right, even shortening my name, I hear it butchered all the time. It is really irritating when that happens. So I think she handled the name thing in a classy way. Her name isn't THAT hard to pronounce and if they can't do it, call her Kat, problem solved. I do think Tyra has it out and the way she was going back, it did seem like she was seething underneath, but trying to keep controlled. I was actually surprised she didn't be bottom two, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more about her "attitude" or being boring or too sexy or something like that.

FORT Regular

Things That Happened This Episode (me-related):

1) I fell in love with Anya.
    2) I gained greater appreciation for Fatima.
    3) I came to the conclusion that Paulina Porizkova and I have a telepathic connection.
    4) I laughed profusely and added ten years to my life.
    5) I gained awareness: previously, I did not know CoverGirl cosmetics existed in Europe.

Things That Happened This Episode:

1) Anya was the most adorable thing to ever happen on reality television.
    2) Katarzyna slayed the Tyrabeast almost as effectively as Victoria did to Twiggy last cycle.
    3) Fatima was not as good as Katarzyna.
    4) The commercial cue cards should not have been phonetic.
    5) Dominique and Lauren were PHAILrific ROFLfests.

FORT Fogey

Katarzyna did great, but Mr. Jay was right, it lacked that Bubbly covergirl factor. And I think Fatima brought it in a sexy kindda way. Or at least that's what It comes off as according to them

Dax

I loved when Mr. Jay got scared when the director started to scream.

His expression is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by BustaK;2944662;
    Lauren's biggest flaw is her personality (she doesn't really care about how she's perceived) not her walk.
    She cares, that's why she keeps assuring us that she doesn't. Lauren's biggest problem is that she doesn't know how to give people what they want, so she claims to refuse to do so. I think she's a clueless little powder keg.
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you donít buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

Quote Originally Posted by d.u.m.b.o.;2942594;
    they way whitney did her commercial reminded me of Jade lol!
    What? I am sorry but Jade was so much better than fake old Whitney.
    (I still think she should have won)

Just watched the show and I think the right person was removed.
    Lauren started to annoy me with her, I can't do it attitude. I felt it was more a I don't want to attitude. She still hung to her I am such a tough punk rock girl facade.

Liked her until this episode.

Why don't I like Fatima? She is too full of herself, guess that is the reason?

Is it just me or does Lauren sound like a combination of Adriene (cycle 1) and Jael (cycle 8) when she speaks? I couldn't understand a word she was saying. I kept having to turn the sound up to hear her.

Quote Originally Posted by challahbackgirl;2945047;
    Things That Happened This Episode (me-related):

1) I fell in love with Anya.
    2) I gained greater appreciation for Fatima.
    3) I came to the conclusion that Paulina Porizkova and I have a telepathic connection.
    4) I laughed profusely and added ten years to my life.
    5) I gained awareness: previously, I did not know CoverGirl cosmetics existed in Europe.
    Now that you mention it, I don't think they do. They don't exist here in Sweden, and I've never seen them during traveling, either ... and I do partake in a lot of cosmetics store foragings (Sephora in Paris >>> everything ever) so I'm guessing I would have, if they did.

Oh well, I guess it's just another oversight on part of the show. It's not like the commercial would ever be used anyway - fat chance Italian women would be increasingly inclined to go out and buy crappy makeup just because some random American reality TV show contestants were seen advertising it in mangled Italian - so why even have it advertise cosmetics that, in fact, exist in the country where the commercial would be aired?
    Katarzyna/Anya for president!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by tove0wnzj00;2954543;
    Now that you mention it, I don't think they do. They don't exist here in Sweden, and I've never seen them during traveling, either ... and I do partake in a lot of cosmetics store foragings (Sephora in Paris >>> everything ever) so I'm guessing I would have, if they did.

Oh well, I guess it's just another oversight on part of the show. It's not like the commercial would ever be used anyway - fat chance Italian women would be increasingly inclined to go out and buy crappy makeup just because some random American reality TV show contestants were seen advertising it in mangled Italian - so why even have it advertise cosmetics that, in fact, exist in the country where the commercial would be aired?
    I've never seen them in the UK either. Not that I really do much make-up shopping.