Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Photoshoot Seven: Jet Setters Boarding an Airplane

FORT Regular

Re: Photoshoot Seven: Jet Setters Boarding an Airplane

Quote Originally Posted by GuruBishisama;2926556;
    I hate hate HATE the fact that they photoshopped each girls "best shot" in. It looks so fake and kills the entire feel of the shoot--the girls look out of place and not at all like they are interacting with each other.

Realistically, they should have had one best shot for all 6 girls, so they would have all had to be on point. It may have meant that a shot where one girl looks FABULOUS couldn't be used because another looks like crap, but that's the reality of taking a group shot, and they should have challenged them as such.
    Yes! That articulates what I was trying to say! ITA 100%!
    My Winners: Elyse, Shandi, Yaya, Kahlen, Nicole, Danielle, CariDee, Natasha, Jenah, Anya

Lauren: Great posture and look for the genre, but th close up is kind of weak

Stacey-Ann: Not a good picture, she should have closed her mouth and not shown so much jaw.

Whiteny: This is the second photo of hers where she actually looks HUGE and its not flattering. It seems really obnoxious.

Anya: Its a cute picture and was creative and looks natural. Not the best though.

Dominique: This is a good picture and I hate to admit it. She just looks older than the other girls by many years.

Katarzyna: Great pose, but the closeup of her face is WAY to smushed.

Rankings:

Lauren
    Anya
    Katarzyna
    Dominique
    Whitney
    Stacey-Ann
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

Congrats Whitney! reneealldeway19's Avatar

I love the shoot! But I don't understand why they made them stand out in the cold to do it....because just looking at the photo, you can tell that they just cut out each girls "best shot" and pasted it onto a background.
    "I miss Aimee...." "I stomp the KATwalk!"
    Danielle:"You see the sun set...you see it rise. You see the Eiffel Tower, you hear the crows caw, and Nnenna's still on the phone!"
    (Download the ANTM Fade Away Song
    Here:http://www.mediafire.com/?1nn1m45xhz5) (My ANTM 10 Head Quarters)

Anya was the best by far, I'm starting to really like this girl.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;2926766;
    Don't forget about Shannon's situation though, BOTH, Robin and Shannon did not take the shoot, and they were both up for elimination, obvioiusy, Shannon did have the stronger portfolio, so Robin was the one that left. I guess they could have done a double elimination, but then that would ruin the whole idea of the big "top three" finale.
    Totally agree with you there. Had Robyn done her photoshoot or vice versa, I think the other would've been eliminated (though I think Shannon was better over the two).

Plus, the other two I know of who refused a photoshoot were eliminated. Anna (cycle 2) and Monique (cycle 7) refused because either they didn't want to pose nude or were too "ill" and didn't want to participate.

Monique's refusal bothered me because we've seen Danielle, Caridee and others take photos while ill and they turn out very good. She was probably going to be eliminated for refusing to do the photoshoot unless she was there and literally passed out during the shoot.

Anna, I think is a different story. She chose to not do hers because her Eve (Eve of the Seas) was not much body paint and she was modest enough that she didn't want anyone but her husband see her nude (I wish I remembered her quote about it though - it was quite funny). Jenascia's was an Archer Eve and she had more things to cover herself to not be so exposed, as did other models. Had the two Eves been reversed and Anna did do her photo, I could've seen Jenascia be eliminated for being late to the photoshoot (I think Anna's would've been softer, given you see anger in Jenascia's).

But what really gets me is that in all of these cases, the girls refused to do the shoot or admittedly lucked out that two people refused to do the shoot. They had their papers in order should they make it to the international destination (or Shannon/Robyn's case were there). Fatima didn't have her papers in order, but still was allowed to continue. Had it been another model, I feel they might've been eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloSugah;2926811;
    She is just used to it. I have a difficult to pronounce last name and people say it wrong all the time... really it doesn't bother you, cause you realize that it is difficult and not everyone will say it correctly. If it really bothered her, she would just have everyone call her Kat or something else easier, since she doesn't - I doubt it bothers her much.
    She does seem to correct Tyra, et. al. though, so I think it does bother her some. I have a feeling though, even if she told them to call her Kat or Kata, Tyra would still try to pronounce her full name because she wants to get it right (she hasn't yet).

I too have a name that's hard to say, not to mention was misspelled a new way each time it was in the paper one year, so I do sympathize.

I love Anya and Lauren in this photo.
    Wished Fatima made it in time to take this picture

And I wished there was close ups!
    People, get my school a tv show. I'd be the reality villan. Recognize, hoes.
    Amis, Lauren, Anya

i love how lauren, in my opinion, is the only one who
    actually looks like she's about to board an airplane

my call-out order would have been:

1) lauren
    2) anya
    3) katarzyna
    4) dominique
    5) stacy-ann
    6) fatima
    eliminated: whitney

i think whitney really fell back. anya's and lauren's shots were my favorite.
    Anya: (holding the navigation cell phone) why are we going the opposite way?

I loved Anya's shot! It was so model-like and she totally shined this week. I really like her picture. Go Anya!

I also liked Lauren's and Katarzyna's. They were very pretty too.
    Cycle 10 Overall Favs!
    Claire-Whitney/Anya/Lauren/Katarzyna

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar

I can't believe that was Whitney's best photo. Her pose is horrible, her facial expression is horrible, there's nothing good about that photo.
    The photoshopper should be shot because Whitney looks like she's running straight into Stacey Ann and she stands out in the shot, not in a good way. Dom looks bigger than the rest of the girls.
    I'm not sure if Katarzyna's face is smushed because of the angle or because of the bad quality of the pic/shoot.
    This was a horribly idea. It should have been executed like the jeans ad in C3, where they all had to be good in the same shot. It's slapped together messily as it is, and doesn't look at all realistic or cohesive.
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!