Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Photoshoot Seven: Jet Setters Boarding an Airplane

Re: Photoshoot Seven: Jet Setters Boarding an Airplane

TYRA'S FACE LOOKS GREAT but, those legs...girl...you need to lose weight.

8MissBitch8 IS IN THE HOUSE BITCHES!!!
    Last edited by femme fatale; 04-19-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Plastic Surgery Victim najibhardy's Avatar

Wait wait wait , one question. Did they choose this picture because it's the best of everyone or did they digitally composite the best poses shown by the girls?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Ann777;2930936;
    TYRA'S FACE LOOKS GREAT but, those legs...girl...you need to lose weight.
    The issue of Tyra Banks' weight -- IF it's an issue at all -- was cleared up six cycles ago... She made very clear to the C4 (and C5) women that her success and hard work as model has given her permission to finally live her life comfortably with food... like most U.S. residents.

And to najibhardy, I believe Mr. Manuel said the final image is a digital-composition of each contestant's best picture. I think that's why it looks a little off scale, as some have noted.
    "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 3:16-18)

Dax

They care so much about Katarzyna they not only doesn't show her confessionals, they put her way in the back of the picture where you pretty much can't see her face.

I agree , this is one of the worsts photoshoots this show has done .
    Tyra: Lets hear it for the 6 baddest chick in this competition. Now it's time to get on that private plane.. but guess what? you guys aren't top models yet. My judges are already stars, and they travel FIRST CLASS, PRIVATE. See you later, have fun on your commercial flight. (Tyra & Judges leave for the plane) See you (long pause) in Rome ladies (Final 6 models cheer) Chao Bella.

aga
    FORTified

I hate it when a good concept goes wrong!!!

The concept of vintage jet setters was a good if not great concept for just the fashion alone. The aga do-over would be an individual shot of each girl boarding the plane or better yet, multiple shots of the same girl boarding the plane at different spots, in different poses – on the steps, at the foot of the steps, a few feet away, several feet away, etc.

If they wanted this to be the standing out in a crowd challenge, they could have done a separate group shot like the Great Wall photo shoot. However, that's not floating my boat - if Fatima had participated as planned there would have been 7 models and that seems like too many to maintain the dynamic / movement theme - which is the theme / look that I think works best in this setting.
    Last edited by aga; 04-19-2008 at 04:44 PM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Claire/Lauren/Anya Dannysheaven's Avatar

Stacy Ann in this picture, gulper eel anyone?

Elyse, Amanda, Yaya, Nicole, Michelle, Nicole Linkletter, Brittany, Jenah, Lauren.

FORT Fogey

Stacy's photo reminds me of Donald Duck.

Is that weird?

aga
    FORTified

As stated earlier, good concept gone wrong. The placement and depth perception seems off and the styling crosses fashion eras, e.g., the moderness of Dominique's rolling bag and Katarzyna's thigh high boots mixed in with the more vintage fashions. My comments on the models are based mostly on the pictures posted by bigmofobuba (post #73):

Lauren –The long shot is gorgeous; her face is bland in the close up.

Stacy Ann – Not bad, she looks more like an extra in the picture, however as discussed on other theads, she should not have gotten the boot.

Whitney – I hate to say it, but she looks like a jolly fat girl. Where do I sign up for the “Shut Yo' Mouth" club.

Anya – Too much of her face is blocked by the hat, despite this she seems to be radiating enough energy to light up a city block. I wish someone would have thought to move the hat up a notch or two.

Dominique – I love the close up, Dominique's face reflects the styling of the era. Her look is well suited for this vintage shoot. The long shot is off; it then dawned on me there is too much going on – carrying a bag in one hand, pulling the rolling bag with the other, leg kicked back, looking over her shoulder – too, too much! What's up with that footwear?

Katarzyna – The close up and long shot are F-A-B-O!!! Katarzyna is so distant and out of focus in the group shot, she looks like she's checking for rain as opposed to the real expession she evoked, haughty society girl.
    Last edited by aga; 04-19-2008 at 09:53 PM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

FORT Newbie

My rating

7. Whitney
    6. Stacy-Ann
    5. Fatima ( based on challenge)
    4. Katar....
    3. Lauren
    2. Domonique
    1. Anya