Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Photoshoot Seven: Jet Setters Boarding an Airplane

Re: Photoshoot Seven: Jet Setters Boarding an Airplane

Lauren- AMAZING

Katarzyna- FIERCE

Anya and Dominique- OK

Stacy-Ann- TERRIBLE

Whitney- ABSOLUTE DISASTER

I am sure if Fatima did this photoshoot she would've rocked it.

This may be the worst photoshoot this show has ever put on.

Anyhow, Lauren and Dominique are the best here. Not that there's much to judge.

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    Whitney and Stacy-Ann ruin the group shot. Dominique's shot would work if she wasn't so ugly*~
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

FORT Fogey

I know Fatima would've rocked it, girl is beautiful and all dressed up she would've looked regal

Quote Originally Posted by Lexiel;2929555;
    I know Fatima would've rocked it, girl is beautiful and all dressed up she would've looked regal
    She best work on her skin though.....or else Tyra will cook some bulls**t reason saying that it costs too much to photoshop her pimples out!
    One day, Katarzyna will accost Tyra on the catwalk, sparta-Kick her off it and yell "This is KATARZYNA!!!"

FORT Regular

This photo shoot was an interesting switch from the solo shoots we're used to seeing. Looking at the contestants' individual performances:

Anya is ahead of the others by leaps and bounds for me. Her pose is fresh--her poses are nearly always the most interesting--her smile is beautiful, and her overall expression is the most natural, as compared to Whitney's. (Generally in the competition, I think she's proven herself a worthy winner in every respect. Of course, we have yet to see her performance in the CG commercial, but I believe in her modeling abilities. I would respect the judges if they vote for her in the end. I hope they'll get it right this time! (I'm sorry, guys, I didn't mean that as a slight against any previous winner... but... we all know that ANTM hasn't quite produced any top models, per se.) Regardless of whether she wins this, I think she could be one of the most promising alumnae ANTM has ever produced.)

Katarzyna looks pretty, but I don't like how asymmetrical her face is; the right side of her face, mostly her right eye, looks a little smushed. Point is, the angle isn't optimally favorable. But still pretty. (Generally speaking, she needs to turn up the heat... big time. I'm still a fan, but I'd like to see her become more dynamic.)

In this picture, Lauren suffers from the same problem as Kat, but worse. There's no life in her face for me. But again, still pretty. And I really enjoy her pose, with the pointed toes. Simply lovely. (Generally speaking, I think she's pretty and I like how she's making strides in her presence, but I don't think she's improving enough to get much further in the competition.)

Stacy Ann's a very pretty woman, but her profile is ALL JAW. If she and Fatima had entered this week with equal cumulative performances, I would have kept S-A simply because of Fatima's lapse in preparedness, but given that EVERY ONE of S-A's photos looks the same, I stand by the judges' decision. She did well to get as far as she did. (Best of luck in her future endeavors, whatever they are!!!)

Dominique is actually my favorite model in the cycle in terms of her look, and I do like her pose, but I'm not digging the Zoolander raised eyebrow thing... Sometimes a raised brow works, but sometimes it doesn't. And it doesn't help that the stylists put SO much makeup on her; her features are so strong already, and excessive makeup brings down her natural beauty, in my opinion. And I just don't see Dominique developing and demonstrating much versatility. She's beautiful (especially in the show's opening credits... WOW), and she really is trying hard, which I admire, but I don't think she'll make it more than two weeks beyond this one.

Whitney looks very good, very fresh, she has a beautiful smile, but... it just looks needlessly gushy for the situation. Nonetheless, hers is my favorite picture after Anya's. I think has the personality to be a Cover Girl model, I think she's beautiful, and her pictures week to week are good enough to get her to the final two, in my opinion. If the judges pick her, I'll be happy for her. She seems to be making progress for full-figured models. Go, Whitney, go!

And then there's Fatima. I'm delightfully surprised she wasn't cut, but the judges really bestowed mercy upon her. We all learn life lessons the hard way sometimes, and I think this was one of them for Ms. Fatima. She's beautiful, and even though I still think she's not a natural at posing, but for some reason I think she can still improve.

Long story short: ANYA, ANYA, ANYA!
    Last edited by Mechum22; 04-18-2008 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Gotta fix the syntax!
    "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 3:16-18)

I figured it out why it's so off - the shadows are not aligned the same way. They should all be angled the same way.

I like the idea and think it turned out nice, but I agree with those who say that they should've had either all six together in the photo posing (I had actually thought they were all doing the fighting to get on with the featured model going up a la Lauren in the previews), or individual ones.

As far as Tyra's, like the concept, the pose is a bit too fake for me. It's better than some of her recent ones IMHO though.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by puffter;2929664;
    She best work on her skin though.....or else Tyra will cook some bulls**t reason saying that it costs too much to photoshop her pimples out!
    Well, can you really call that critique "cooked up"? I'm no professional model, but I can take a leap of imagination and say that Tyra is much more constructive and much less intolerant than an agent would be in the [real] modeling world. Generally, a model's skin tone is very even.

And I see what you mean about the alignment thing, Jadewarlock...
    "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 3:16-18)

^^^
    I agree with what you say, but with the level of absurdity in the elimination reasons we've seen in the past ( Renee C8 suddenly looks "old", Sarah C9 was neither thin or fat) I would not put it past Tyra and Co. to cook up ( yes I am still going to go with that phrase) some irrelevant reason to eliminate a girl.

And hence Fatima, you should get Some Proactiv pronto!!
    One day, Katarzyna will accost Tyra on the catwalk, sparta-Kick her off it and yell "This is KATARZYNA!!!"

Wow, this is Photoshop 101. Even I can do better!

Anyway, Katarzyna, Dominique and Laruen is AMAZING! Anya is ok, her eyes is disappearing on me. Stacy and Whitney SUCKED! That pose for Whitney is bad, especially being plus-size.
    Currently Watching: America's Next Top Model c11, I Love Money and Project Runway 5

Want to Win: Lauren Brie (ANTM 11) and Korto (PR5)
    Just Go Away: Analeigh (ANTM 11) and Kenley (PR5)