Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Call-Out Order and Averages

FORT Fogey

Re: Call-Out Order and Averages

Quote Originally Posted by antmislove;3005212;
    I won't deny that anya has 1st call outs that are not deserving. However that being said, you cannot deny that anya is a better model than joanie. Anya is more of high fashion model, joanie is more towards plain commercial model. If anya is in cycle 6, she would have kicked joanie's ass hard.

JOanie is kinda over rated. She is good, but not as good as some.
    High fashion does not equal better! This show is about finding the next Giselle, Heidi, or Tyra. These women (while they aren't the highest fashion women out there), are versatile and have the capabilities to inspire high fashion designers, commercial audiences, and the men's market.
    To me, Joanie had that versatility. Neither Anya nor Joanie would do particularly well with the men's market, but Joanie does have more of a range than Anya. I think Joanie always gave the photographer what he/she wanted and she also inspired Mr. Jay. I don't think Anya had the same effect. Plus Joanie is more beautiful. So I'd have to say that Joanie is the better model. And you can't compare call-out averages between cycles anyway. That is why percentiles should be used ... but even then, you can't compare.

I think Joanie took better pics, but Anya have more potential to make it into the modeling world.

Homeless: Whitney or Claire
    Meat: She deserved it.
    Airplane: She deserved it.
    Papparazi: She deserved it.
    CoverGirl: Whitney

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3005546;
    High fashion does not equal better! This show is about finding the next Giselle, Heidi, or Tyra. These women (while they aren't the highest fashion women out there), are versatile and have the capabilities to inspire high fashion designers, commercial audiences, and the men's market.
    To me, Joanie had that versatility. Neither Anya nor Joanie would do particularly well with the men's market, but Joanie does have more of a range than Anya. I think Joanie always gave the photographer what he/she wanted and she also inspired Mr. Jay. I don't think Anya had the same effect. Plus Joanie is more beautiful. So I'd have to say that Joanie is the better model. And you can't compare call-out averages between cycles anyway. That is why percentiles should be used ... but even then, you can't compare.
    I disagree with that. I love love love Joanie but Anya is more beautiful to me, and a better model.

I think Joanie is more beautiful.

I don't find either particularly just everyday beautiful, Joanie's mouth is too small and Anya's nose is positively dominating. Anya I think looks more beautiful in pictures.
    Let's not forget ourselves good friend
    I am flawed if I'm not free

Dax

I love both and I wanted both to win but I think Anya is more high fashion, more striking, more beautiful and a better model overall.

Quote Originally Posted by guii;3005992;
    I think Joanie is more beautiful.
    i think joanie is gorgeous!
    but to me, she looks older than she is
    not old ina bad way
    but more sophisticated
    Homeless: Whitney Lingerie: Marvita Meat Packing District: Anya Beauty Shot w/ Paint: Stacy Ann Music Genres: Whitney Fuerza Bruta: Fatima Jet - Setters: Lauren Covergirl Commercial: Katarzyna Roman Castle: Dominique Famous Movie Icons: Anya Covergirl: ? Runway: ?

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hottfroggy77;3002213;
    and joanie is MMMMMUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHH better than anya in every possible way
    I really hope the industry disagrees, 'cuz Joainie was one of the big failure contestants of the show. Overhyped by the judges and almost completely dismissed by the industry. Just like Kahlen. And I'm fairly certain the same will happen with Whitney.
    Last edited by quangtran; 05-19-2008 at 06:13 AM.

^ I disagree with "big failure". Joanie has lots of pics - check her myspace! She's also in music videos and mini movies. I wont say its a "complete failure" - at least she's working!

I love both Anya and Joanie - but I'd side Joanie for versatility. Anya can pose, yes - but I think she targets the high fashion world more. Joanie has a broader choice, she can do high fashion, commercial and runway. Anya can't.

Just my opinion!
    Question: What did you do in your downtime?
    Anya: We made up Couture Twister and Model-opoly! Katarzyna made it up.
    : Awwwwww!

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoaTher;3006698;
    ^ I disagree with "big failure". Joanie has lots of pics - check her myspace! She's also in music videos and mini movies. I wont say its a "complete failure" - at least she's working!

I love both Anya and Joanie - but I'd side Joanie for versatility. Anya can pose, yes - but I think she targets the high fashion world more. Joanie has a broader choice, she can do high fashion, commercial and runway. Anya can't.

Just my opinion!
    But doesn't she walk dogs to pay the bills? And a lot of those look like unpaid test shots while others she admits to being student work. And even though I'm probably being a bit harsh to call any of these girls fairlures, Joanie is barely doing any modelling, let alone commercial, high fashion, or runway. Her height and illproportioned body shape took her out of the running for the last two, nor has she any high-paying commericals ala Yaya or Mercedes.

Anya not fare that well in the future wither, but I think her 7Up shot proves that she can do commercial.
    Last edited by quangtran; 05-19-2008 at 08:49 AM.