Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If ANTM Had the Make Me A Supermodel Format

If ANTM Had the Make Me A Supermodel Format

What if Top Model was exactly like Make Me A Supermodel and had to be filmed week by week and had a fan vote? How do you think this season or past seasons would go.

MY TAKE:

I See Elyse winning Cycle 1, with Adrianne as the runner-up and Robyn and Shannon would not have made it as far as they did.

April would probably have won Cycle 2 with Shandi as runner-up and Mercedes in 3rd Place.

Amanda would deservingly win Cycle 3 with Norelle as Runner-Up and Nicole in third, Toccara & Kristi probably would've made it further and Eva would NOT have won.

As Far As Cycle 4, I Kind of see Naima still taking it based on CGOTW Votes with Kahlen in second and Brittany in third and maybe Christina is fourth. Keenyah would NOT have made it as far, As Well as Tatiana and Michelle. Brandy would've got 14th and Tiffany 13th. With Brita 12th. I Still Don't Think Sarah Dankleman got a fair shot, Sorry.

Nik would've won Cycle 5 deservingly, with Lisa probably in 2nd and Bre in third. I think she had a bigger fanbase than given credit. Jayla wouldn't have made it as far as she did.

Danielle probably would have won anyway, with Joanie in second and Mollie Sue & Sara taking 3rd & Fourth respectively. Jade would NOT make it as Far as she did and Leslie & Kari would have made it further.

AJ would without a doubt have won Cycle 7, with Michelle in 2nd and Amanda in 3rd. I Honestly don't see Jaeda, Melrose, Caridee and Eugena making it as far, and Megg, Brooke & Anchal maybe would have made it farther. I'm still pissed I didn't get to see AJ do the Nymph Shoot.

Cycle 8 is a bit of a toss up for me to think of because CGOTW makes me think Jaslene, but forum and personality wise Natasha would probably have won with Jaslene as Runner-Up. Brittany would probably take 3rd and Jael take 4th (Her Fanbase is underestimated). I Don't See Whitney, Diana, Dionne or Renee making it as far because thier mediocre. Felicia and Sarah would probably have made it farther, also.

Jenah, Heather and Lisa would NO DOUBT IN MY MIND would have been ther fierce top 3, with Jenah winning and Heather taking 2nd and Lisa taking 3rd. Chantal would've gotten 4th, probably. Saleisha would've gone home waaaaaaaaaaaaaay sooner, as would've Bianca & Ambreal. Victoria, Sarah & Janet should've gone farther than them.

As You Can See I've Thought about this and personally think a public vote and week to week filming would really benefit this show.
    MY ANTM WINNERS:

1. Shannon | 2. Shandi | 3. Amanda | 4. Kahlen | 5. Nik | 6. Joanie | 7. Melrose | 8. Jaslene | 9. Jenah | 10. Anya

Re: If ANTM Had the Make Me A Supermodel Format

Well if so it wouldve been a popularity contest, not a modeling competition.

I think, based on popularity:

C1 - Elyse/Adrianne
    C2 - April/Shandi
    C3 - Norelle/Tocarra/Ann
    C4 - Naima/Kahlen
    C5 - Nik/Lisa
    C6 - Joanie/Danielle
    C7 - AJ/Amanda/Michelle
    C8 - Natasha/Jaslene
    C9 - Heather/Jenah

C10 - Kata/Anya/Claire.

Question: What did you do in your downtime?
    Anya: We made up Couture Twister and Model-opoly! Katarzyna made it up.
    : Awwwwww!

FORT Fanatic

I'm completely against this idea. I think if this was the case Heather probably would have won cycle 9 and she clearly wasn't the best. Don't forget that the majority of ANTM fans are not the die hard fans like us at FORT who can see through the editing. It's not always the case that FORT's opinion is the same as the rest of the public. I t should also be taken into account that ALOT of members here are from outside the US anyway so those votes would certainly not count.

In some ways it is a good idea. For example this cycle Kat's personality "issue" wouldn't be a problem, however I do feel that alot more of the placings would have been based on personality and not modelling ability. Like you said yourself Nicole wouldn't have won cycle 5 or have been in the 5 when she was clearly in a league of her own that cycle, with Nik not too far behind. On the other hand Jade would have gone very early on and we wouldn't have seen some of her best pictures.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ANTopmodel;2894134;
    I'm completely against this idea. I think if this was the case Heather probably would have won cycle 9 and she clearly wasn't the best. Don't forget that the majority of ANTM fans are not the die hard fans like us at FORT who can see through the editing. It's not always the case that FORT's opinion is the same as the rest of the public. I t should also be taken into account that ALOT of members here are from outside the US anyway so those votes would certainly not count.
    It would be more like Big Brother UK, where usually the b****es would be eliminated early or stay in for a while, it would take away from the competition as a whole!!! In the UK there are soo many reality shows where the public votes and then many American reality shows come along, like ANTM, and they are a fresh breath of air!!! There has to be originality somewhere!!!

And a lot of people moan about how this competition is based on personality rather than modelling ability, and by doing this you are not changing the thing everyone hates!!! Not all top models have nice personalities, take Naomi Campbell, she allegedly spat in a security guards face at an airport and has been arrested for it!!! Not all top models are nice, you get to the top because you are a great model not because you are the nicest person in the world!!!

FORT Fogey

I think the public knows nothing! There are two things that we can be certain of. And that is that Naima and Heather would have won their cycles because America voted them CGOTW every single time. We vote for personality and that is not good for a modeling competition. The judges knew better to eliminate a girl with a poor walk and severe communication problems. But the public (apparently) doesn't know any better. So it would be a horrible idea to have America vote for the winner. Make Me a Supermodel loses all the credibility it claims to have by leaving the eliminations up to the public to decide. And I think we can all agree that the winner of that show only won because she was the lone girl up against three men (way to split the votes)! ANTM has very little credibility at this point, it would be on par with Flavor of Love if they allow America to vote.

FORT Newbie

America's Best Dance Crew had the best way of making eliminations --- Fan votes gave them the ranking, then the Judges decide which of the bottom two goes, after a final "dance-off" --- Maybe Top Model can have the viewers do the ranking and then have a Eliminations Challenge

FORT Fogey

I know the public in general would most likely fall gullible to the edits. Hell, I'm guilty as such at times. But there is no doubt in my mind that I'd be a lot more satisfied with some of the results especially if they went anything like the topic creator's summary. In those scenarios the winners and far placers would still be much more high-fashion and realistic than what actually happened in those cycles. I personally am BEYOND jubilant with the winner of MMAS. Holly was a stunner. But judging by some of the eliminations throughout the season I would worry a bit. I'd take any of those predicted winners for the fictional Top Model with MMAS format over most of the actual winners. Heather had her issues but I preferred her greatly over Saleisha. I liked CariDee but AJ winning would be a dream.

And there is no doubt in my mind that some of my favorites eliminated over girls who consistently did poorly would at least get to stay a little while longer rather than their early eliminations.

(I apologize for my crappy grammar. I haven't fully woken up yet!)

Dax

America's Best Dance Crew system for the win!

To be honest Make Me a Supermodel had a lot of unfair eliminations thanks to America. Casey, Perry getting 4th place, Shannon, Jackie, Aryn and Stephanie never deserved to go. The weakest models always stayed because of the situations that were happening in their lives. Example is Bronnie.

As wrong as ANTM is we have least robbed models in ANTM than in Make me a Supermodel.

Team Whitney/Katarzyna Epochalypse's Avatar

phily693 makes a good point, over here in the UK a majority of Reality shows depend on public voting and in almost every show the public has made terrible decisions on who should win/get sent home. Now this may say something about the British public or just people in general, but the majority of the time the wrong choices are made, and most of the time the show suffers thusly, we get left with boring losers.
    Cycle 10 Favourite's - Whitney, Aimee and Amis
    Best Photo's
    Homeless - Aimee, Makeover - Claire, Lingerie - Marvita, Paint - Aimee,
    Music - Whitney, Fuerzabruta - Whitney, Jetsetters - Dominique, Commercial - Katarzyna, Roman Castle - Fatima, Movie Icons - Anya, CoverGirl - Whitney

Quote Originally Posted by Epochalypse;2894972;
    phily693 makes a good point, over here in the UK a majority of Reality shows depend on public voting and in almost every show the public has made terrible decisions on who should win/get sent home. Now this may say something about the British public or just people in general, but the majority of the time the wrong choices are made, and most of the time the show suffers thusly, we get left with boring losers.
    Yes, i agree. I also live in the UK and the only time i think the british public made a right decision was when Leona Lewis won ''The X Factor''.
    Mustafa Shah

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast