Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cycle 10 General Thoughts and Comments

Re: Cycle 10 General Thoughts and Comments

I think whitney is the one that really fits the covergirl ad because it's a BIG BOLD look at me lashes thing and for the TV commercial they use Queen Latifah I think, so if suddenly Fatima (who is size 0) or Anya won, it would be weird for the ad..
    Miss Jay: "But that's why it's called COVERGIRL cause it covers up the man in you.."

I've haven't been happy with any of the winners since cycle two. I really believe that Tyra and Elite wanted a plus size winner from the beginning and Whitney was the girl. She was beautiful in person, but average when it came to taking photos. Based on pure potential the finale should of been Anya, Kata and Lauren.

The only girl that I thought was the most model like was Lauren. She had the height, figure and very unusual look. Her walk was a disaster and she had no sense of fashion. She can be a outstanding editoral model as she can wear any type of clothing. Print models make more money than runway models, but work is usually harder to come by. The show has allowed her to put her foot in the door, but will she walk through?

As for Anya, she's more geared to high fashion. She isn't as pretty as Whitney or Lauren, but I found she was more model ready in regards to angles and taking risks. I think the European market would embrace Anya and Whitney is better off in the states.

The photoshoots? covergirl, couture, homeless
    The choice of girls? I say all the girls were modelesques, I say any of them coudve been a winner IMO
    The eliminations? I thought the eliminations this cycle were fair. I just wished the Kata made it farther & Lauren was eliminated earlier.
    The challenges? the POSE OFF ,
    Your faves performances? ANYA in photoshoots, WHITNEY's non-ending entertaining confessionals.
    Theme Song? It was the best.
    Tyra: Lets hear it for the 6 baddest chick in this competition. Now it's time to get on that private plane.. but guess what? you guys aren't top models yet. My judges are already stars, and they travel FIRST CLASS, PRIVATE. See you later, have fun on your commercial flight. (Tyra & Judges leave for the plane) See you (long pause) in Rome ladies (Final 6 models cheer) Chao Bella.

Well Whitney was in my top 3 for winning.
    The first being Lauren and second Claire.
    I really thought Claire would have made it further than she did if not win.
    I kind of figured Lauren wouldn't win though because of her walk and her akwardness in general.
    Oh well. I'm glad for Whitney. I could really see her being a CoverGirl and being on the cover of Seventeen. I couldn't picture Anya doing those.
    Congrats to Whitney for being the first plus-size ANTM and David Cook for being the first rocker American Idol!

I hink Covergirl is too high fashion for Anya. Anya is more of a Vogue girl. She will make it far. Whitney winning is bull, but this is probably the best thing that can happen to her as a model, for Anya it would have been the worse because she would have the ANTM curse following her around. I dont care how much Tyra thinks ANTM is high fashion, its not. I mean Covergirl and Seventeen?? come on...Whitney is a commercial model, so shes the best winner for this type of show. Girls like Lauren (my girl), Anya and Kat will do so much better without ANTM. They're just very high fashion.

FORT Fogey

If you mean that CG is too commercial for Anya, then I agree to an extent, but I think Anya can be a very successful commercial & high fashion model.

Quote Originally Posted by duckiies;3004412;
    If you mean that CG is too commercial for Anya, then I agree to an extent, but I think Anya can be a very successful commercial & high fashion model.
    Oh yeah, definetly, Anya's CG commercial showed that she's adorable in commercials. But she is also high fashion. She doesnt need this show (or the win). Whitney does.

I agree. I think cycle 10 ended up working out for the best because Whitney gets to do the commercial stuff, which she is good at, while Anya is free to do whatever she wants. Anya probably could pull off halfway decent "My Life as a Covergirl" commercials, but she'd probably be better off doing high fashion work.
    "Giselle annoys me the most out of everyone in the house, but I'm not willing to alienate her because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron." -Elyse (ANTM C1)

Support the National Eating Disorders Association http://nationaleatingdisorders.org

I think the makeovers were so horrible.
    Amis, Allison, Stacey, Claire, Whitney, and Marvita's were all badddd.
    AusNTM C4: Sam, Caris, Alex, Demelza.

The biggest talent quit in the first episode.
    Let's not forget ourselves good friend
    I am flawed if I'm not free

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast