Page 173 of 175 FirstFirst ... 73123163164165166167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1744

Thread: ANTM Cycle 10 Spoiler thread - take three **SPOILERS ONLY**

  1. #1721
    FORT Newbie HotPlasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7

    Re: ANTM Cycle 10 Spoiler thread - take three **SPOILERS ONLY**

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer;2996489;
    Thanks for the explanation--at least now I get where she was coming from, however, I still don't agree. Spoilers or not, people would've bashed Whitney.
    I see her post as a knee-jerk reaction. I think some people forget how rabidly vicious some forum posters can be in their comments and can't help but taking them personnaly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer;2996489;
    If you don't want your daughter to read the negativity, don't let her come to sites like this one where everyone is encouraged to share their opinions, right or wrong.
    One funny thing about that. I used the term "child" but she did not say how old her daughter was (don't know if she did in another post). And when I first read it, I wondered briefly if she wasn't Whitney's mom. This has happened you know. The mom of one of the model posted on that other forum and replied to some comments made on her daughter. Can't remember which cycle though.

    Anyway if the spoiler is true and that Whitney is the winner, I think she actually has potential to be more memorable than other past thin winners whether fans like her or not. For one thing, she'll be in a smaller modeling market and the show can totally make a big splash marketing campaign for her (or she can do so for herself) using theme like healthy bodies, healthy eating and stuff.

  2. #1722
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,138

    Re: ANTM Cycle 10 Spoiler thread - take three **SPOILERS ONLY**

    Quote Originally Posted by HotPlasma;2996562;
    I see her post as a knee-jerk reaction. I think some people forget how rabidly vicious some forum posters can be in their comments and can't help but taking them personnaly.

    One funny thing about that. I used the term "child" but she did not say how old her daughter was (don't know if she did in another post). And when I first read it, I wondered briefly if she wasn't Whitney's mom. This has happened you know. The mom of one of the model posted on that other forum and replied to some comments made on her daughter. Can't remember which cycle though.

    Anyway if the spoiler is true and that Whitney is the winner, I think she actually has potential to be more memorable than other past thin winners whether fans like her or not. For one thing, she'll be in a smaller modeling market and the show can totally make a big splash marketing campaign for her (or she can do so for herself) using theme like healthy bodies, healthy eating and stuff.

    True, I do think she has potential to do well in her niche. I think I take exception in the fact that she beat out other "better" (no matter how subjective) models to become the winner. I think she could've made the same statement without winning, which in my opinion wasn't justified, other than to have a "first plus size." Look at Diane and Toccara, who both went on to model successfully in the plus size market.

    I would be a bit miffed, however, if they put her forward as a "healthy" model. To me that implies that the others are all unhealthy or that her diet has somehow gotten a doctor's stamp of approval. I don't know what she eats (or Anya or Fatima, for that matter). She could be starving herself just to stay at that weight, for all I know. Or she could be eating a bag of M&Ms every night. My point is, I can support her as a regular or normal sized woman, even a realistically sized one, but not "healthy"--that requires you to meet another standard, which also includes exercise.

  3. #1723
    Fatima|Dominique xfrozensmilex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    40

    Re: ANTM Cycle 10 Spoiler thread - take three **SPOILERS ONLY**

    Ok... i'm confusing :/ I don't know who will be the winner! OMG , i want the finale NOW! xD
    Homeless: Whitney. Makeover: Fatima. Lingerie: Aimee.Meat Packing District: Anya.Beauty Shot with Paint: Dominique.Musical Genres: Katarzyna.Fuerzabruta: Fatima. Airplane: Dominique. CoverGirl Commercial: Fatima. Roman Castle Couture: Dominique. Famous Movie Icons: Fatima

  4. #1724
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    98

    Re: ANTM Cycle 10 Spoiler thread - take three **SPOILERS ONLY**

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer;2996489;
    Discrimination of a model for being over weight is not even close to discrimination of race or religion. Not everyone can be a model, just like not everyone can be an athlete, actor, singer. If I don't like a runner because he's not fast enough am I speedist? If I don't care for a singer who's flat am I tonist?
    Your argument doesn't follow. You're talking about abilities. The posts that Babycakes was objecting to were clearly not those that discussed her modelling ability, but rather, simply condemned her on the basis of weight.

    The same nonsense was once spewed about black models. "They don't respond to the light." "Makeup doesn't look good on them." Those criticisms were simply covert racism, and they have thankfully been silenced.

    I agree that a model should be judged on modelling ability -- and NOT discriminated against just because she's a plus-size model, any more than she should be discriminated against for being black.

  5. #1725
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,138

    Re: ANTM Cycle 10 Spoiler thread - take three **SPOILERS ONLY**

    Quote Originally Posted by Eydtkuhnen;2996645;
    Your argument doesn't follow. You're talking about abilities. The posts that Babycakes was objecting to were clearly not those that discussed her modelling ability, but rather, simply condemned her on the basis of weight.

    The same nonsense was once spewed about black models. "They don't respond to the light." "Makeup doesn't look good on them." Those criticisms were simply covert racism, and they have thankfully been silenced.

    I agree that a model should be judged on modelling ability -- and NOT discriminated against just because she's a plus-size model, any more than she should be discriminated against for being black.
    Sorry, in my opinion, a model should be discriminated against because she's fat. It's the nature of the profession. You are exaggerating the weight argument and drawing a false analogy. Racism is not even close to "weight bigotry."

    Oh, and extra weight does affect ability to make the clothes look good--there's a reason designers cut their clothes for thin models.

  6. #1726
    FORT Regular starstruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    56

    Re: ANTM Cycle 10 Spoiler thread - take three **SPOILERS ONLY**

    Quote Originally Posted by Eydtkuhnen;2996645;
    Your argument doesn't follow. You're talking about abilities. The posts that Babycakes was objecting to were clearly not those that discussed her modelling ability, but rather, simply condemned her on the basis of weight.

    The same nonsense was once spewed about black models. "They don't respond to the light." "Makeup doesn't look good on them." Those criticisms were simply covert racism, and they have thankfully been silenced.

    I agree that a model should be judged on modelling ability -- and NOT discriminated against just because she's a plus-size model, any more than she should be discriminated against for being black.
    Actually, I followed ChicagoViewer's argument and it makes a lot of sense. Abilities are how people in their professions are judged, and believe it or not, being fat models follows the same judgement- their lack of the ability to fit into most designers' clothing is only one ability of many that they lack. They also lack the ability to be liked by most designers, who, let's be honest here, only like rail-thin models (if they kicked Ali Michael off of the runways for gaining 5 lbs, Whitney has no chance of ever being on them). They also lack the ability to earn lots of money for their agencies (compared to a 0-4 sized model). These are all facts.

  7. #1727
    FORT Fogey shananana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    866

    Re: ANTM Cycle 10 Spoiler thread - take three **SPOILERS ONLY**

    Any SPOILERS for the SPOILER thread?
    "...but this, all pleasures fancies be; If ever any beauty I did see, Which I desired, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee..."

  8. #1728
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1

    Re: ANTM Cycle 10 Spoiler thread - take three **SPOILERS ONLY**

    I just have to reply to the above. Models are supposed to show us clothes or market a product to all women and the truth of the matter is all women come in different shapes and sizes. If i'm watching a fashion show I want to know how the clothes will look on me, since I may want to buy them. Seeing the clothes on a 6' 105 pound woman is not going to show me how the clothes are going to look for a girl who is 5'1 and 120 pounds. I want to see models who represent me as well. Who stated that models have to be a size 0, just 8 years ago the average size of a model was a size 7. so why all of a sudden do we have to be a size 0 to be a model? I'm just so confused. You don't see the majority of woman walking around 6 foot tall with their rib cages showing. So why don't we have a variety of models. every color,height, weight, race... if they make things look good and can own the catwalk who is to say they can't be a model? just my opinion.

    and on the "whitney had 3 bottom two appearances."
    guess what. so did fatima. week 4 with amis, week 9 with stacy ann, and week 12 with dominique.

  9. #1729
    FORT Newbie HotPlasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7

    Re: ANTM Cycle 10 Spoiler thread - take three **SPOILERS ONLY**

    Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2996454;
    And the forum that she spoke about does tend to get very nasty. That's why I only occasionally peek at it.
    One needs to be a little bit cold blooded to thrive and endure in forum life. That other place is something special. But then again based on the warnings posted up threads by the mods here, I gather that FORT gets its share of excitement too. I don't come here often to see it.

    It's interesting that the spoiler threads and the final ep thread tend to generate the most excitement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2996454;
    Still only a little longer before we know the answer to the question that is driving at least me crazy: Who makes up the other spot in the top 2?
    Only 5 minutes. Then may the fireworks begin. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the spoilers are true though. I did not watch that cycle enough to get a fav but I do think that Whitney (helped with good marketing by ANTM franchise) will make a decent winner. Perhaps even with an edge over the others because of the plussie factor. Time will tell.

  10. #1730
    Eva ROCKED! the_tv_maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    320

    Re: ANTM Cycle 10 Spoiler thread - take three **SPOILERS ONLY**

    So How Long before a cycle 11 spoiler thread
    MY ANTM WINNERS:

    1. Shannon | 2. Shandi | 3. Amanda | 4. Kahlen | 5. Nik | 6. Joanie | 7. Melrose | 8. Jaslene | 9. Jenah | 10. Anya

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.