Page 172 of 175 FirstFirst ... 72122162163164165166167168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1744

Thread: ANTM Cycle 10 Spoiler thread - take three **SPOILERS ONLY**

Re: ANTM Cycle 10 Spoiler thread - take three **SPOILERS ONLY**

Quote Originally Posted by Dax;2996116;
    I agree with him.

It's interesting. CW seasons started the firsts. First blond (Caridee), First latina (Cha cha diva), First plus size model (if Whitney wins). I wonder what Saleisha is...
    Ha. So true... I have been thinking the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer;2995980;
    I don't understand how that's a betrayal or why that should make her feel bad, unless she really loves Whitney and is disheartened that others don't.
    De-lurking to say this. In her post she talked about being upset about her daughter reading all this nastiness about Whitney. So perhaps her child saw Whitney as role model. And top of her working with folks with eating disorder perhaps that grated a nerve. *shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer;2995980;
    Nobody was bashing BBC, they are just unhappy with the news. It was the same with Saleisha last cycle.
    Actually in the Whitney thread some nasty adjectives were used from b*itch to s*kank. But... that's a forum without pity. So what should one expect?

She also stated that she hopes she's wrong and that Whitney doesn't win so that folks stop their bashing of her. Which makes me wonder if her spoils are 100% accurate. Perhaps there is still some uncertainty as to who the winner really is.

I think babycakes post was just really rude and just as bad as the people "bashing" on whitney. I thought the outburst was unnecessary.
    Yeah, instead of just looking homeless, itís kind of changed to homeless chic. I dress up my flannel with pearls. -Jenah cycle 9

Quote Originally Posted by HotPlasma;2996394;
    De-lurking to say this. In her post she talked about being upset about her daughter reading all this nastiness about Whitney. So perhaps her child saw Whitney as role model. And top of her working with folks with eating disorder perhaps that grated a nerve. *shrugs*

Actually in the Whitney thread some nasty adjectives were used from b*itch to s*kank. But... that's a forum without pity. So what should one expect?

She also stated that she hopes she's wrong and that Whitney doesn't win so that folks stop their bashing of her. Which makes me wonder if her spoils are 100% accurate. Perhaps there is still some uncertainty as to who the winner really is.
    Doesn't she know someone who works for CW? If so, then it would be reasonable why she would be uncertain because her friend from CW could be lying in order to hide who wins.

Either way, from the beginning I liked Whitney and Anya so if either wins, I'll be happy. (But I have slight biased towards Anya, but still, a Whitney win is not bad...she has been a great plus size model).
    Cycle 10 Overall Favs!
    Claire-Whitney/Anya/Lauren/Katarzyna

FORT Fogey

Babycakes is awesome for posting spoilers, but I thought her post was over the top. Posting spoilers always triggers emotion. No one said "ITS ALL BABYCAKES FAULT." Its just that they don't like Whitney. I know babycakes likes Whitney, but a lot of people over there and here don't. I think its unneccesary to lash out like that. I'm disappointed she won't be posting the cycle 11 spoilers she had.

That being said, I do hope the final runway is Versace. But I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by duckiies;2996421;
    Babycakes is awesome for posting spoilers, but I thought her post was over the top. Posting spoilers always triggers emotion. No one said "ITS ALL BABYCAKES FAULT." Its just that they don't like Whitney. I know babycakes likes Whitney, but a lot of people over there and here don't. I think its unneccesary to lash out like that. I'm disappointed she won't be posting the cycle 11 spoilers she had.

That being said, I do hope the final runway is Versace. But I doubt it.
    I will die if the final runaway is Versace.
    TEAM ANYA

I found it interesting that she used to be a model. And the forum that she spoke about does tend to get very nasty. That's why I only occasionally peek at it.

I was surprised at the level of anger, but I have a feeling it has been building up.

And she is only as accurate as the person feeding her the spoilers. Nothing is 100 percent until the episode is shown.

Still only a little longer before we know the answer to the question that is driving at least me crazy: Who makes up the other spot in the top 2?
    Last edited by Allie; 05-14-2008 at 05:33 PM. Reason: spelling bad. bad poster!

Dax

I'm not affected by her not coming for cycle 11. For some reason I really do believe I will enjoy the show more since I'm addicted to the spoilers. However I do appreciate all of the spoilers she gave us and her keeping us informed always.

The reasons that she has for not liking people saying those things are valid and understandable but I don't like the fact that she seems affected by people not liking Whitney. Not everybody loves Whitney and not everybody has the same concept of beauty. Like every girl in ANTM, Whitney is praised by some and bashed by others and there's nothing to do about it.

I think she lost her composure in that post.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by duckiies;2996421;
    Babycakes is awesome for posting spoilers, but I thought her post was over the top. Posting spoilers always triggers emotion. No one said "ITS ALL BABYCAKES FAULT." Its just that they don't like Whitney. I know babycakes likes Whitney, but a lot of people over there and here don't. I think its unneccesary to lash out like that.
    I think it was both understandable and justified. Apart from the obvious fact that she is entitled to her opinion, the attacks on Whitney have not merely been a dispute of her approach to modelling, or even of her personality as it has been presented on the show. A great deal of the attacks have been viciously sizeist and derogatory towards full-figured women.

If exactly the same level of hate had been levelled at a contestant for her race instead of for her weight, the posters could have rightly been accused of something very near hate speech.

Babycakes's response outlines just how hateful the anti-plus commentary has been, and the fact that many people have silently accepted such weight bigotry (as they would never have tolerated racial bigotry) indicates just how much prejudice still remains.

FORT Fogey

Thanks for the explanation--at least now I get where she was coming from, however, I still don't agree. Spoilers or not, people would've bashed Whitney. The bashing would have just come later rather than earlier--and honestly, they may have been more venomous after, since there still has been no justification for Anya's collapse. If you don't want your daughter to read the negativity, don't let her come to sites like this one where everyone is encouraged to share their opinions, right or wrong.

Meh, I'm already over it--in another cycle, I could've supported Whitney (even though I think she's fat), but this one had too many models that in my opinion out performed her. She's the best plus size model in this cycle (ahem, since there's only one), but she's most definitely not the best model. I read spoilers because they help take the edge off disappointment--the actual show will be anticlimactic instead of outrageous for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydtkuhnen;2996478;
    I think it was both understandable and justified. Apart from the obvious fact that she is entitled to her opinion, the attacks on Whitney have not merely been a dispute of her approach to modelling, or even of her personality as it has been presented on the show. A great deal of the attacks have been viciously sizeist and derogatory towards full-figured women.

If exactly the same level of hate had been levelled at a contestant for her race instead of for her weight, the posters could have rightly been accused of something very near hate speech.

Babycakes's response outlines just how hateful the anti-plus commentary has been, and the fact that many people have silently accepted such weight bigotry (as they would never have tolerated racial bigotry) indicates just how much prejudice still remains.
    LMAO. "Weight bigotry?!" Discrimination of a model for being over weight is not even close to discrimination of race or religion. Not everyone can be a model, just like not everyone can be an athlete, actor, singer. If I don't like a runner because he's not fast enough am I speedist? If I don't care for a singer who's flat am I tonist? There are certain professions that are naturally elitest, and modeling is one of them. Even though I'm not close to the ideal, I want my models beautiful, tall and thin. This is not a commentary on whether or not fat people can be pretty or attractive--they most certainly can be. They just can't excel in the conventional modeling world, nor do I think they should. This is a modeling show, and simply by entering, the contestants should be ready to withstand scrutiny over how they look.

Her outburst is most certainly understandable but not justified in the least. We value freedom of opinion above all.
    Last edited by ChicagoViewer; 05-14-2008 at 06:09 PM.