Thread: ANTM Forum: Please read this about the spoiler thread.

ANTM Forum: Please read this about the spoiler thread.

As you know, we recently closed the spoiler thread. We are discussing whether or not to re-open it. But in the meantime, do not discuss elimination spoilers in the forum. Don't hint at it, don't make suggestive comments that don't outright reveal it. We will have zero tolerance for posting spoilers.

There is no thread open at the moment where these spoilers are appropriate. If you don't understand the purpose of a particular thread, read the first post to be sure. For example, the show thread has the world "spoilers" in the title because people on the West coast will be 3 hours behind the discussion, and it's a warning to them not to read the thread. That's it, period. Not the next three eliminations and who is going to make it overseas.

Tonight, someone started posting spoilers again, unprotected. Right away people started fighting about who posted what spoiler on what site first. This is why we closed the spoiler thread in the first place. Any discussion of re-opening the spoiler thread just got set back quite a while because this kind of nonsense ruins it for everyone. I don't care who you are, if you post on this site you have to follow our rules - and every member here has to treat you with courtesy.

For some reason, people think it's a free-for-all in spoiler threads. As long as this attitude exists there won't be a spoiler thread.

Don't discuss spoilers until you hear the go-ahead. Don't get into fights if someone does - use the report post button, the little red triangle in the bottom corner of every post. The more fights we have to clean up, the longer the spoiler thread will stay closed. If you post spoilers without any protection, you'll get a temp ban at the very least, possibly permanent depending on your history of infractions. DON'T RISK IT.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Re: ANTM Forum: Please read this about the spoiler thread.

Can I just ask, why it's so bad if some people have a little argument here and there? I mean, that's what makes the forum alive. I don't suggest letting people go crazy, but at the same time I don't think arguments about spoilers (whether they're true or not, who posted them, etc) are that bad that the whole thread has to be taken away.

Just my opinion.

I know, like why would it be wrong for someone to argue in a 'VIRTUAL' forum ?
    I dont think theres a concreat reason to tem-ban anybody in a forum. Well, as long as nobody states anything racist or offensive towards a certain something.

Oh, and what do you mean by 'protected' spoilers?
    Why ban spoilers anyway? Its up to yourself to protect you from reading posts that potentially could ruin watching antm or any other show for god's sake.

Common, be real .
    Last edited by John; 03-29-2008 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBody;2878068;
    Can I just ask, why it's so bad if some people have a little argument here and there? I mean, that's what makes the forum alive. I don't suggest letting people go crazy, but at the same time I don't think arguments about spoilers (whether they're true or not, who posted them, etc) are that bad that the whole thread has to be taken away.

Just my opinion.
    Our rules here are extremely clear on this subject. We want our members to keep their comments focused on the show and the contestants, and NOT on each other.

The point of hepcat's post was that with the spoiler thread closed, there is NO place where posting spoilers on this site are appropriate. That removes the arguments completely. Simply do not talk about spoilers on the site while the spoiler thread is closed. Period.
    Last edited by John; 03-29-2008 at 08:13 PM.

It's not little arguments, it's name-calling and personal attacks. Don't assume you see the posts I'm talking about because they are deleted.

These kinds of posts are against our rules and have always been against our rules. This is our site culture. There is a lot more to FORT than this one forum, one spoiler thread. We will not change our site culture for one thread, so if you want to argue, name-call, swear, and make a jerk out of yourself take it to another forum.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob