Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Photoshoot Five: Musical Genres

Cuz I got it like that d.u.m.b.o.'s Avatar

Re: Photoshoot Five: Musical Genres

i found this photoshoot to be waaayyy too campy. they've done cheesy themed photoshoot's in the past but something about this one makes my stomach hurt lol

something happened to Dominique's face which made her look really weird ha

i didn't really particularly like any of it.

my favorites though were Anya and Kat. After this episode Anya is my new favorite. Did anyone notice that during the in-bed-with-Nigel photoshoot she did, she looked like an early Madonna. and during this photoshoot she was amazing and her hair and makeup was divine. She's so beautiful and models very well. she's mah fave.

what's sad though is that I agree with the judges that Kat is starting to fade for me. even though this photoshoot was good for her, she doesn't seem to have much of a personality she was so pre-show absolute fave so i hope next week she starts to do better (and with a new haircut! what!)

the only positive thing for me about this whole photoshoot (besides Anya and Kat) is that I've been to the concert/empty pool area that they shot in. I saw the Chemical Brothers and Ladytron there in October. So that's kind of cool! Also, in the Lingerie shoot, they were in my neighborhood! i love this new filming in ny!

BEST
    Anya - I like it a lot.The face, the body, the pose, everything

GREAT
    Katarzyne - The face is so amazing
    Whitney - She really commit to what's assigned to her
    Lauren - Damn, the legs and the pose is so high fashion and amazing. Plus, it looks really poppy

GOOD
    Aimee - The face is good but not RNB and it's too safe I think
    Claire
    Dominique
    Fatima

WORST
    Stacy Ann - a lot like Ambreal
    Homeless: Kimberly Lingerie: Katarzyna
    Meat: Claire Paint: Dominique
    Music: Anya Fuerzabruta: Fatima Jetsetter: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Rennaisance: Dominique Paparazzi: Anya Covergirl: Whitney

I was really disappointed in this photoshoot. Last week we had high fashion, but this week it went right back to the tacky, unrealistic ideas. I really hate it when they have these character shoots. I wish the photoshoot could have been the one that anya did as her challenge win. That actually produced some pics that could be seen in a portfolio.
    Australia's Next Top Model 2008 all summer long!

I love Katarzyna's best.The engery is there and she also looks high fashion and beautiful.
    Whitney's photo is quite surprisingly good.
    I don't like Fatima's honestly.
    She has that heavy metal energy in the photo,but somehow I don't want to see that photo again if this photo is in the magazine or something.
    Dominique:If you want something that bad,when it is your turn to come up there and do what you gotta do,you'd better make sure you gave it at all.

Anya-Katarzyna-Lauren chuckykillsppl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moonDon;2878211;
    I love Katarzyna's best.The engery is there and she also looks high fashion and beautiful.
    Whitney's photo is quite surprisingly good.
    I don't like Fatima's honestly.
    She has that heavy metal energy in the photo,but somehow I don't want to see that photo again if this photo is in the magazine or something.
    yeah...i don't see why the judges liked Fatima's, i found it tacky and she doesn't look that great in the picture.

I think this is a bit unfair. Claire's and Dominique's shot, like captured by an ordinary digital camera! Bad setting!

Anya's shot like cycle 2's photoshoot! She looks like Shandi!

Aimee - I quite like the shot and I don't think she should have been eliminated over Claire. She's a chameleon and the judges criticize her for it, saying that she never has a 'signature' look and they're probably using that as an excuse.

Anya - I think she had one of the best photographs and she portrayed 'Punk' very well although I feel that she might have been called a bit too low during judging.

Claire - Despite all her 'challenge wins' and great photos, I think she should have been cut instead of Aimee since she doesn't have much of a chance of winning since she's a mum. I'm not saying that a mum couldn't win, it's just I don't think a mum could be 'America's Next Top Model' and despite all the other great mums that have appeared on ANTM, they haven't won and have been eliminated for stupid reasons.

Dominique - I didn't like her photograph this week but I think after having her hair color changed, I think there's potential.
    I don't entirely know if she could win, since the girls with big egos' and over-confidence make it far but don't necessarily win.

Fatima - There's potential and I love her photo this week.
    I think she could make it somewhere amongst the top 6 but I'm surprised she passed Aimee & Marvita in the competition.

Katarzyna - Katarzyna needs more camera time.
    I think her photo this week was gorgeous and was one of the best, I think she could make it to the Top 3!

Lauren - I don't really see any 'Pop' in the photo but I like her although I think she's losing some of her awkwardness which could be a disadvantage.
    I think her runway walk is the only problem she has.

Stacey-Ann - She has potential and I'm glad she didn't get a 'Naomi Campbell' weave although she could do a lot better in her shoots.
    I think the only shoot she really excelled in was the 'close-up paint' shot but the rest is all average.

Whitney - I think she's the 'plus-size' girl that could win this competition!
    She's confident and takes gorgeous pictures. I don't think she should have been in the bottom 2 last week.

Claire & Anya & Kata Zilverlelie's Avatar

LOVED Katarzanya.
    And maybe Claire isn't that country-like, but I still thinks she looks gorgeous!
    They said she should've smiled, but she did in some frames! Wonder why they didn't pick those. Her smile's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cake101;2875549;
    Fatima- its okay, a bit comical than hardcore rock, but she tries.
    her genre was not hardcore rock, it was heavy metal.. And look at the heavy metal bands from the 80's like Guns'N'Roses, Mötley Crüe, Poison etc.) And tell me they're not comical. I think she embodied heavy metal quite succesfully actually, although I think this was a horrid shoot.

aga
    FORTified

All in all a mediocre shoot, seems more like a behind the scenes issue – the photographer and director than models.

Captured the Intent of the Photoshoot:
    Dominique
    Whitney

Almost but not quite (it seems like these are more a reflection of the photographer and director than the models):
    Anya – good pose, facial expression is wrong – her face looks dead.
    Fatima – like Anya, good pose including the tongue, but the happy face is not does not fit.
    Katarzyna and Stacy Ann – both of these look more catalog than editorial, actually not catalog but more like week-end sales circular for a tween specialty store. Having said that, I don't dislike the pictures.

So wrong it's right:
    Claire

Just Wrong:
    Aimee
    Lauren
    Last edited by aga; 03-29-2008 at 10:39 AM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)