Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Most successful TopModel?

FORT Newbie

Re: Most successful TopModel?

Quote Originally Posted by Fashion_Nazi;3020941;
    Most successful from the Next Top Model franchises would have to be Elyse, Mollie Sue and Alice from AuNTM. All of them have appeared in major fashion magazines and done work for high profile clients.

But I have to give the upper hand to Elyse as she's covered editorial, runway, catalogue and commercial work. Her portfolio is very impressive and no other girl can even come close.

As for Jaslene, she hasn't appeared in any major fashion magazines. She seems to found her niche in the Latina market. Personally, I always thought she was a weak winner because of her mannish appearance and poor presence in front the camera. Plus her Covergirl commercial was painful to watch and listen to.
    Oh pleaseeeeee, you can't possibly compare Elyse and Mollie Sue to ALICE. Neither Elyse nor Mollie Sue have done any high fashion runway shows, while Alice made a big breakthrough in New York, Milan, and Paris walking for huge brands such as D&G, Dolce & Gabbana, Chloe, Celine, Moschino, Alexander McQueen, JIL SANDER! (<3), etc. And Elyse has like only one Harper's Bazaar cover, while Alice has two Vogue Australia covers (she has been booked for a second one) along with a Harper's Bazaar Supplement cover, and is in talks for a Vogue Italia cover and a French Vogue cover. Elyse has never done any high fashion campaigns really. I mean maybe she did an ad or so for the brand, but that doesn't really mean anything unless you're specifically shot by a renowned photographer such as Mario Testino or Meisel. Alice also has a D&G fall 2008 campaign shot by Testino coming out and is in talks for a Missoni ad campaign. Elyse and Mollie Sue just can't compare!

I do agree about the Jaslene thing though. She's already been moved to the Model Management section of Elite, which just shows how played out she is already. (Model Management is for older models who no longer get much work).

Quote Originally Posted by guii;2809703;
    cover of vogue was her price. vogue australia also... nothing special.
    Her prize was a spread in Vogue, but the shoot was so successful that they just decided to give her the whole damn cover. And I mean, a Vogue cover (even if it is Australian Vogue) is still... a Vogue cover. I mean sure Italian Vogue and French Vogue are much higher up there, but still it's hard to book a Vogue cover as it is.
    Last edited by andrewk; 05-25-2008 at 05:38 PM.

I had no idea that Alice was/is in talks to do covers for French and Italian Vogue. That's massive-o.
    I knew she was "on hold" for both of them but I just thought it was for some small editorials. But since she's already one of Elite's top girls, I'm not surprised they're handeling her so well.

And I knew Celine looooved her but I didn't know about Missoni.

But yeah, as it stands, Ksenia is def. the most successful.
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

-Alex Perry, AusNTM

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    I doubt it was for the cover, probably editorials.

Quote Originally Posted by My My My;3021724;
    Honourable Mentions:Sanne Nijhof (won Ford's SMOTW -- even though she seems to have completely fallen off the radar since)
    She also appeared in an editorial for Harpers Bazaar US and left all her previous agency's to sign with Wilma Wakker in Amsterdam and Women in Milan and Paris. I don't think she's fallen of the radar just yet
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

How about an All World Next Top Model? Hmmmmmm

Foreign countries NTM would SLAUGHTER us.

SLAUGHTER in cold blood in plain daylight at an amusement park with about 3,000 witnesses.

SLAUGHTER.

This is who i consider to be the most successful

all ntm's- alice
    americas ntm- elyse/mollie
    !The Fiercest Photos Of Cycle 10!

ANYA- paparazzi | WHITNEY- covergirl
    WHITNEY- homeless | FATIMA- castle couture
    LAUREN- lingerie | ANYA- fuezabruta

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ClrDeLun;3022328;
    I had no idea that Alice was/is in talks to do covers for French and Italian Vogue. That's massive-o.
    I knew she was "on hold" for both of them but I just thought it was for some small editorials. But since she's already one of Elite's top girls, I'm not surprised they're handeling her so well.

And I knew Celine looooved her but I didn't know about Missoni.

But yeah, as it stands, Ksenia is def. the most successful.
    oh oops I thought it said covers but it just says on hold but she has campaigns for Celine AND Missoni on hold for sure (but what does on hold really mean?) I attached the file where i got the information.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh, I see. Thank you so much for the info.
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

-Alex Perry, AusNTM

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrocentric;3022768;
    Foreign countries NTM would SLAUGHTER us.

SLAUGHTER in cold blood in plain daylight at an amusement park with about 3,000 witnesses.

SLAUGHTER.
    I actually wouldn't say that. Foreign NTM's have had some very strong contestants but ANTM has contestants who are just as strong model-wise and nearly all ANTM contestants have been either 5'9 or taller while a lot of other NTM's have a bunch of short-arses. ANTM girls have just as much a chance.

BTW, Ksenia was in Vogue Paris modelling Vogue Bijoux
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

FORT Newbie

I'm just wondering what Rebecca Hardy is doing now? I love her during CNTM2.