Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Most successful TopModel?

FORT Newbie

Re: Most successful TopModel?

Mollie's success makes me wonder a bit. Her print work is absolutely beautiful, she looks like a real model, not an amateur. And yet she didn't look half as good on her antm pictures. Maybe because her forte is strong, darkish photos, and her antm shoots were colorful.

I wonder how many other models from ANTM would of benefited from having different shoots.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Etait332;2888885;
    I'd like to here about contestants from Canada's next top model, cycle 1 and 2.
    Sisi Wang (3rd place in cycle 1) is doing well. You can google her and find her profile
    The winner of cycle 1 Andrea left modeling and is being sued by her agency

Rebecca (winner of cycle 2), Sinead (runner-up), and Tia (4th place) are all signed by the same model agency

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    Ksenia from Russia's edition of Top Model is hands down the most successful. She's walked the most prestigious shows and has been photographed for the Gucci FW08 campaign.
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by kukukachoo;2889512;
    I wonder how many other models from ANTM would of benefited from having different shoots.
    Sometimes I think ANTM really does put in the show models with Top Model potential but the campiness and and the stupidness of some shoots just ruins some models.

I think if the show focuses more on real high fashion shoots and runway teahces like they rather have been doing lately we can really have some top models. Of course choosing the right winner is essential too and I'm not sure that's been happening lately.

Most successful from the Next Top Model franchises would have to be Elyse, Mollie Sue and Alice from AuNTM. All of them have appeared in major fashion magazines and done work for high profile clients.

But I have to give the upper hand to Elyse as she's covered editorial, runway, catalogue and commercial work. Her portfolio is very impressive and no other girl can even come close.

As for Jaslene, she hasn't appeared in any major fashion magazines. She seems to found her niche in the Latina market. Personally, I always thought she was a weak winner because of her mannish appearance and poor presence in front the camera. Plus her Covergirl commercial was painful to watch and listen to.

FORT Fogey

*cough*Ksenia*cough*

^ Does someone have some pics of Ksenia!!? I wanna see who the big deal is.
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

Without question, Ksenia is at the top of the list (imo). I know that many Top Models fans aren't as familiar with her which is why she gets overlooked in these kind of rankings, but the girl has walked for some seriously big names (Versace, Hermes, Dior, Chanel, Galliano, D&G, Louis Vuitton, Gaultier, Valentino); she's done editorials for Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, V Magazine, Amica; as well, perhaps the biggest accomplishment in her career, she is doing a campaign for Gucci.

Alice is steadily closing the gap and could surpass her in the very near future, but as it stands now, I think Ksenia deserves the title.

Then there is a massive gap between those two and any ANTMer imo... Since Elyse and Mollie Sue are far and above the rest of the ANTMers in terms of success, those two really are the only American entrants that I would consider for such a list. I hope that I'm not opening up a can of worms here but I am wondering who would be considered more successful between Elyse and Mollie Sue.

Honourable Mentions:
    Sabina Karlsson (campaign for American Eagle and upcoming for VS Pink, walked in several NYFW shows and also for Gaultier in Paris)
    Sanne Nijhof (won Ford's SMOTW -- even though she seems to have completely fallen off the radar since)

There are several girls that have managed to maintain steady careers as good working models and I think they deserve praise/credit for being able to do so. However, if we're comparing them to the real pros and looking at the bigger picture (which we kind of have to because the NTM girls are competing in the real industry, not just in some NTM bubble -- at least most of them), I'd limit the list of most successful to the names mentioned above. If they can stand up against any of the real models and be recognized as being real models by people who don't even watch Top Model, then I think that speaks to their success.

Quote Originally Posted by labrowneyes;3021702;
    ^ Does someone have some pics of Ksenia!!? I wanna see who the big deal is.
    You can check out her profile at IMG, but here are a few pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by My My My; 05-25-2008 at 03:43 PM.

Some runway and you can see more at her profile at styledotcom:
    Attached Images Attached Images

^ Wow!!!! I am loving her!
    Two HB covers! Dang.
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."