Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ANTM girls with prior modeling experience?

FORT Fogey

ANTM girls with prior modeling experience?

Cycle 10 looms nearer with each day, and the more time we spend getting acquainted with the new girls, the more and more information we dig up about them. Claire, Allison and Whitney all have had modeling experience before appearing on ANTM, and they aren't the only ones. There have been girls every cycle so far who modeled before appearing on ANTM. Anchal and Renee appeared in French and Italian Vogue, respectively, probably the biggest gigs any girl has had pre-show.

With all of the controversy surrounding Saleisha's "previous experience", do you think it's fair that these models can compete? I know a lot of us were incredibly annoyed with Saleisha's victory and turned to her Wendy's commercial for ammunition, but let's be real--how much should previous experience affect the contestants?

Re: ANTM girls with prior modeling experience?

Renee was in Italian Vogue?? Anchal was in French Vogue???

Pictures please!?!?!?!

No they should not, this show is supposed to be about finding a nobody and turning them into top model not turn a model whose successful into a more successful model.

FORT Fogey

Only to play devil's advocate--
    Does that mean you would rescind your support for any previous contestants with modeling experience? Or if during the show, it became apparent that one of your favorites had previous experience, would you stop rooting for them on that principle alone?

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuruBishisama;2791832;
    Only to play devil's advocate--
    Does that mean you would rescind your support for any previous contestants with modeling experience? Or if during the show, it became apparent that one of your favorites had previous experience, would you stop rooting for them on that principle alone?

I wouldn't stop liking them and wishing them well but I wouldn't want them in this particular show. I don't think it fair for a nobody, "never professionally modeled before" girl from Kansas to have to compete w/ someone who's been on the cover of magazines.
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

I think they should be on. Project runway does that. The problem with saliesha's experience was that she had past connections with Tyra, took horrible pictures, and acted like she had the whole competition in the bag. I really wouldn't care if she actually looked like a model and took good pictures, but she really had no business winning.
    Yeah, instead of just looking homeless, itís kind of changed to homeless chic. I dress up my flannel with pearls. -Jenah cycle 9

I think they should be allowed ... the thing with Saleisha was her connection to Tyra, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by queenegoist;2792189;
    I think they should be on. Project runway does that. The problem with saliesha's experience was that she had past connections with Tyra, took horrible pictures, and acted like she had the whole competition in the bag. I really wouldn't care if she actually looked like a model and took good pictures, but she really had no business winning.
    i totally agree with this
    Anya/Kata/Whitney FTW

I miss cycles 1-6! :( youllseemeontv's Avatar

The problem with Saleisha is her violating the rules, and her connections with Tyra.

Renee and Anchal weren't violating the rules, you can have previous work. But you CANT HAVE BEEN IN A NATIONAL AD/CAMPAIGN WITHIN THE PAST 5 YEARS, and Saleisha was. She was in the Wendy's commercial. And it wasnt even out a year before cycle 9 applications were out.

Plus, she says she was scouted. Yeahhh..someone really saw her and said "MODEL!"?? I highly doubt that...
    HOMELESS- Aimee/Marvita | WATER- Anya/Dominique
    LINGERIE- Marvita | TRAVEL- Dominique
    MEAT- Whitney | RENAISSANCE- Dominique/Fatima
    PAINT- Anya/Claire | PAPARAZZI- Anya
    MUSIC- Whitney/Fatima | COVERGIRL- Whitney

The thing is, if a girl wants to get into modelling she's bound to try. Many of the contestants over the years have done something; test shoots, modelling schools, minor runway shows etc. If you want contestants without any expericene, I'm guessing that it's very hard to find. They had to draw the line somewhere and drew it at national campaign.

I don't mind if the contestants have prior experience but I thought it was a bit fishy with Saleisha's connections to Tyra. To me that was worse than her campaign for Wendy's.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast