Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ANTM girls with prior modeling experience?

Dax

Re: ANTM girls with prior modeling experience?

My problem with Saleisha wasn't her prior work, it was the unfairness in the eliminations just to keep her. I'm ok with girls having experience. The competition can be fiercer if all the girls know how to model and have that experience.

However I think if they are looking for girls with experience then all of them should have experience, not a couple of them.

point is saleisha have experience but she still acted like inexperience and she is beyond overated

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar

I just think it should be either all the contestants have had some experience or none of them have. It's an unfair competition to scout someone or accept someone who's never had any experience and doesn't know the first thing about being in a photoshoot and pit them against someone who's been in those situations and knows about angles and posing and lighting and all the technical things already.
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

I still like the concept of having the girls with no past experience. For example, Kayleen or Danielle or Jenah. You never thought they can model at first glance. But when they all came into the competition not knowing anything about modeling, they came out looking like a professional model in the end. Thats the type of "Ugly Duckling turn Beautiful Swan" story I want to see and not the "Already Beautiful Swan looking for some exposure".

As for Saleisha, shes an Ugly Duckling turn more Ugly-er-er (?).
    Last edited by PaleHeart; 02-17-2008 at 12:20 PM.

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty StarrieEyedKat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaleHeart;2798632;
    I still like the concept of having the girls with no past experience. For example, Kayleen or Danielle or Jenah. You never thought they can model at first glance but when they all came into the competition not knowing anything about modeling and yet, they came out looking like a professional model in the end. Thats the type of "Ugly Duckling turn Beautiful Swan" story I want to see and not the "Already Beautiful Swan looking for some exposure".

As for Saleisha, shes an Ugly Duckling turn more Ugly-er-er (?).
    I agree, I'm much more interested at seeing a girl off the street (and no, not THAT kind of girl off the street) turned into a model, than I am in seeing a model turned into a....model. Oh, and lol at "ugly-er-er" - haha.
    Last edited by StarrieEyedKat; 02-17-2008 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    Just found out I'm pregnant, 1/28/08!!!

Saleisha won because she was more experience than Chantal and I think it is the worst reason ever for a winner to win.
    We Will Always Love You Anya!
    You Are Our High Fashion Top Model Forever!

Even though Saliesha did have experience, she was horrible and i found it funny that a good 75% of the cycle had less experience than her and still blew her out of the water.
    Yeah, instead of just looking homeless, itís kind of changed to homeless chic. I dress up my flannel with pearls. -Jenah cycle 9

FORT Newbie

Hell no! those girls are a step higher than all the other damn chics! If Jay, Nigel, Twiggy, and Tyra want experienced priors, they should call it: ANEPM:Americas next experienced prior model.!!!!

:nono

All of you that are complaining about experienced models are making no sense. Its not like all of the experienced girls are suddenly supermodels. Take Saleisha or even Kimberly from cycle 9. They had experience. did that make them good models? No. Jenah, and some others who had little to no experience were the stars of that season. And we also got girls like Kahlen, Dani, Jenah, and so on who have had zero experience, but performed 10 times better than the experienced girls in their season.

Another reason why it shouldn't matter is because the 'experience' that you all are whining about is 9 times out of 10 just a young girls pitiful attempts to get the foot in the door of modelling. If they banned girls with anyn previous modelling, we would be missing quite a few fan favorites, like Lisa J, Jaslene, etc, and many fan favorites from this coming season like Whitney, Anya, Marvita, and many others wouldnt have been allowed through the door.

Basically, just because we had a bad experience with Saleisha, we shouldn't take it out on everybody who has attempted to model already.

If you watch the scene where people are questioning whether Saliesha should be in the competition, Kimberly says she has no experience. But if you look at her portfolio on all antm there are magazine covers
    Top Model LARPing! OMG!
    KatarXena Warrior Princess.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast