Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does ANTM mean to you?

Katarzyna & Anya: Final 2 willl's Avatar

Re: What does ANTM mean to you?

1- How would you describe a typical ANTM fan?
    - I would describe him or her as a fanatic person who watches the show every week, and eventually looks up the pictures on the net and/or discusses them on a forum.
    2- Are you the type of person who seems like they'd be a fan of the show?
    - No, a 15-year old straight guy, not really [except for the guys who watch it because the girls are hot..]
    3- What is it that you like about ANTM so darn much?
    - I just think it's hilarious, some girls are really hot, and there's just this factor that makes it so darn entertaining. I also love photography.
    4- What is it about the show that compels you to find a community, like FoRT, where you can discuss ANTM?
    - Well, it has that factor as I said before, it just has so much to discuss.
    5- Would you consider ANTM or FoRT to be a part of your cultural identity?
    - No, definitely not. I like ANTM and I would be sad if it stopped but it isn't a big part of my life or anything. It's just a little hobby.

it means my wednesday night. i put everything aside for it. and i love everything about ANTM of course. even tyra and her scandalous decisions.
    i keep bleeding love.

A world where 115 is healthy, 120 is plus sized and 125 is morbidly obese

Quote Originally Posted by GuruBishisama;2776783;
    I'm currently writing a paper for my composition class. Our assignment is to write a "cultural autobiography", where we focus on the subcultures within our life and how they define us as a person.

I am writing my paper on my involvement in the America's Next Top Model fandom, and more specifically, on the FoRT community.

One of the key points of my paper is how ANTM is probably the most unusual part of myself--that is to say, it's very different from all of my other interests and personality traits. I'm a dork, a gamer, and an intellectual who works at a zoo. Needless to say, one would not peg me as a die-hard ANTM fan from the get go.

For my paper, I want to illustrate my points about the fandom and it's diversity with real examples. If you guys would be so kind as to help, I'd be super greatful.

A couple of the questions I have:

4- What is it about the show that compels you to find a community, like FoRT, where you can discuss ANTM?

Thanks in advance to everyone for their help. I'm hoping it will all make for an awesome paper.
    1 - Too overobsessed with their favorite winning when you know it will be better for them if they don't. Some ANTM fans are deeply into fashion, some are in the ANTM world.
    2 - Haha no not really. I'm totally different with my friends than with you guys.
    3 - Well fashion has been interesting for me forever. Plus since i'm straighg guy... it's models I mean come on you can't go wrong
    4 - So I can tell people they're wrong. Just kidding, I originally joined because of the Fanart, but then I think it's fun to discuss it with someone, since none of my friends watch the show.
    5 - I think somewhat. Like someone said earlier cultural no identity yes. I would die without it, but it doesn't influence my culture.

Glad to help.
    Last edited by Shelton; 01-31-2008 at 08:21 PM.

- Me Fierce and Fab. PHAT - Pretty Hot And So Damn Thick

- Yes, I love fashion and fierce bitches

-The fierce girls and the drama, love it

- I just want to talk to other people who like ANTM..idk really

- No, I just like ANTM.

Lauren-Whitney-Amis Tae from Siam's Avatar

Stereotype for ANTM fan is young hot thine&trendy women, model wannabe, gay guys, and Reality tv junkies.

But I think ANTM fans actually are
    Reality tv junkies who like fashion, modeling, and drama, they can be any ages, body fiqure and genders.
    My mom is 50+ and she still like to watch ANTM, My sister, 18, heavier than I am, watches it sometime and I, 24, watch it almost every time since C2. All of us are not gay or at least we have not try that yet .

ANTM fans have their favorites contestant.

I don't think so.
    I am overweight --175cm/95kg--. I like beautiful things like pretty women, art, and nature. I also like reality show.
    But my style are not fellow the trend because it is always sneaker or sandals with shirt&jeans or shirt&jeans with t-shirt as innerwear like black t-shirt with black&white shirt and dark blue denim for going outside like university and go to see movie, t-shirt&shorts while I stay home and go to gym.

Mom said I have a lot of feminine side because I like this show --I am a virgo, Sep 18th.

Other straight guys are not like this show that much like I do.

It is competition of people with dream to be something and try hard to reach it. Drama is also fun. I like art so I really love the photoshots.

I want to know who has the same favorite as I am.

No, I just like this show.
    Last edited by Tae from Siam; 02-01-2008 at 04:38 AM.
    A lot of people will walk in & out of your Life.
    But only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12