Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which country has the best Top Model show?

FORT Regular

Re: Which country has the best Top Model show?

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMfantom;2776015;
    I think Canada is on its way to having the best. Jay and the rest of the judges did a great job at picking out a winner in its second season. We'll see if S3 or S4 keeps up.

Despite all that, I think ANTM is the best not for their winners, but for the action/drama.
    My thoughts exactly!!! CNTM Cycle 1 was terrible and the best model who is modelling quite a bit now came 3rd!!! Jay saved CNTM from being Cycle 1 every cycle!!! In Cycle 2 - the girls were better, the photoshoots were better, the elimiantions were good but not great IMO, the makeovers actually suited the girls, the whole production and budget was improved subsatntiallly, and the winner - dare i say - is the model of the moment in Canada and they found not only a very capable model but someone who everyone now knows because of the show and she has obviously capitalised on her short stint of fame and made herself an amazing model that everyone in Canada probably knows for all the good reasons - modelling wise not being in magazines for partying really hard and all that!!!

Anyway ANTM has better production and all that and of course it's the original so you have to give it credit for being that!!!

BNTM Cycle 3 was enjoyable because of the drama!!! It substituted for Big Brother 8 UK as it was boring and had no drama really, BNTM actually had more people watch Cycle 3 than previous Cycles... so in the UK it's a small growing phenomenon!!!

Each country has their strengths and weaknesses like ANTM chose a really bad winner this Cycle, where as CNTM had a excellant winner, BNTM had an average winner (even though I love Lauren to bits she never got called 1st on BNTM and was kind of average) but her post show career has done wonders for her and here work is fabulous!!!

It really depends on taste more so than anything else!!!

FYI I didn't mean for this post to be this long originally it was supposed to be 5 lines... Sorry guys!!!
    Last edited by phily693; 01-30-2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistakes!!!EEEEK!!!

i've watched

america's next top model [1-9]
    australia's next top model [3]
    britain's next top model [3]
    brazil's next top model [1]
    canada's next top model [2]

out of all of those:
    i liked brazil's next top model's winner the most.
    i liked australia's next top model's contestants the most.
    i liked america's next top model's photoshoots the most.
    cntm and bntm are okay, but they weren't GREAT imo.
    Anya: (holding the navigation cell phone) why are we going the opposite way?

Philippine's next top Model rocks!!!!

All the photoshoots were fierce!!! great winner

but ANTM has the best drama and i mostly love all the girls!!

Whenever I watch AusNTM & BNTM i fall asleep... thier so boring!! and those girls are too safe looking!!

Canada's next top Model Season1 rocks.... ti'll they cut SiSi!!! Tricia picked an anorexic model wannabe that looks like a pumpkin!!! over a high fashion asian??? HAHA!!
    America's next top Model is.... WHITNEY

FORT Fogey

My favorite series (besides ANTM) would be CNTM. I adored it's shoots and it's girls. I remember 10 distinct characters in cycle 2, not just a bunch of girls. I feel that the number one thing CNTM has that AusNTM lacks is heart. I just love it to pieces.

BNTM is horribly amusing, but the shoots are dreadful. Love the drama and the wackiness that is Stefanie Dakota Webber aka boob monster.

Quote Originally Posted by JRox11;2776797;
    Philippine's next top Model rocks!!!!

All the photoshoots were fierce!!! great winner

but ANTM has the best drama and i mostly love all the girls!!

Whenever I watch AusNTM & BNTM i fall asleep... thier so boring!! and those girls are too safe looking!!

Canada's next top Model Season1 rocks.... ti'll they cut SiSi!!! Tricia picked an anorexic model wannabe that looks like a pumpkin!!! over a high fashion asian??? HAHA!!
    Yeah, PNTM is good. Actually, I loved that they picked a highfashion girl (Grendel) over a commercial one (Rina). The photoshoots are great. The problem with PNTM is the production values. Also, the editing and story.
    Birds of the same feather make one helluve featherduster

I think among the Asian Top Model Franchise, Philippines' Next Top Model has got to be the best so far...
    Birds of the same feather make one helluve featherduster

Quote Originally Posted by The Anachronism;2775927;
    In terms of making the show like an actual, legitimate modeling competition, Germany's Next Top Model cannot be beat. Heidi Klum does a great job in hosting the show and judging the girls, and they go to so many different countries throughout the competition.

Not only that, but halfway through the season, the girls start going to castings for ACTUAL modeling jobs -- some walked in a fashion show in Paris, one girl did an ad for a car company shooting in Africa, there was another fashion show for a designer in Thailand, etc. It's truly amazing.

You can watch Season 3 with English subtitles on youtube, but let me tell you, these episodes are TWICE as long as ANTM. It takes forever to watch, but it's worth it, and after the 3rd episode, it gets much more engrossing.
    so true, i remembered watching up to episode 5(??) but i stopped since my back hurts a lot after watching it.. soo long. and my eyes are tired of reading the subtitles. but its good. cntm2 was great!
    trust in God,have faith
    FANTASTIC KATALYST/KATWALKER
    "KATAlyzing the KATwalk"
    Kataclauremeenya

Quote Originally Posted by hydrangea;2776842;
    Yeah, PNTM is good. Actually, I loved that they picked a highfashion girl (Grendel) over a commercial one (Rina). The photoshoots are great. The problem with PNTM is the production values. Also, the editing and story.
    it was okay, the problem is it was boring. and the challenges.. like doing the catwalk on the rice paddie(i dont know the correct term)..??? and the production and editing,yes.. was not good. since the producers are not that big. plus, no drama.. pinoys are too conservative
    trust in God,have faith
    FANTASTIC KATALYST/KATWALKER
    "KATAlyzing the KATwalk"
    Kataclauremeenya

Quote Originally Posted by Ruairidh1992;2776083;
    AusNTM has tremendous flaws even though its contestants are all great and they've got a pretty crappy jusging panel (Charlotte and Alex are the only good ones).
    Yes, Charlotte and Alex are amazing. In ANTM, just Tyra is great.

I hate Nigel's opinions.
    Twiggy is boring
    Miss Jay, no comments, don't do anything.

And the winner is the most modelesque girl I have ever seen in any NTM. Pale, super tall and super skinny, pretty, amazing photos and runway walk.

And AusNTM also have the best NTM promo ever.
    Last edited by guii; 01-31-2008 at 09:59 AM.

CHINA NEXT TOP MODEL is terrible and horrible
    i just watch episode 1 and the opening credit is totally copy antm
    their first challenge is copy cycle 7 top 12 makeup challenge .
    they 100% copy everything !

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast